Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

I don't think that taking Drinkwater, Mahrez and Okazaki out of the starting line up an replacing with King, Grey and Slimani would weaken the team or affect the result much, id like to see Schmeichel and most of the back 4 play as there aren't enough quality replacements for all of them playing Wasyl is a bad idea, I think anywhere between 3-6 changes would achieve both keeping the team fresh an give us a competitive chance against Everton, an also giving minutes to those that aren't playing at all.

47 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not really feeling these team suggestions playing a completely second string side tbh. Fair enough a few changes but these players a professionals who should be capable of playing 2 games in the space of 3 days, we need to win as many games as we can during this run of 4 away games.  Atletico are also playing Real Madrid tomorrow so I cant see them giving any of their lads a rest either.

The question isn't whether the players are capable of playing the two games in a few days but can they perform at optimal level in both games?

Sports science would suggest not.

Hearing Shakey talk, he is going to pick a team that he believes can win

Schmeichel

Simpson

Huth

Benny

Chilwell

Grey

King

Ndidi

Albrighton/Mahrez half each

Slimani

Musa (Vardy on last 20 depending on score)

6 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Beaten Everton with our "reserves" already this season. Let's do it again :thumbup:

looking at that starting line up 6 of them that started that game Schmeichel, Huth, Simpson, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Albrighton, will start v Atletico anymore than 5 changes going of that is going to struggle, not sure the whole team needs to change, but the team that day wasn't a full reserves team either.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Really, just out of interest, what are the rules around it? What if a team had a shocker in the previous match and the manager wanted to drop everyone? Not as if we'd be playing a youth team?

I was joking and taking your everyone literally so we could not play.

we can play any from the 25 man squad plus under 21's. But no way would we.

I assume the sports science guys will know each players 'recovery' time and Shakespeare will look to them for some guidance. As much as it would be nice to continue our winning run I'd hate to see us put in a great performance for 50 minutes in Madrid then fade through exhaustion and lose a couple of goals.

9 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Schmeichel

Chilwell (Fuchs rested)

Benny (Morgan if fit comes back in Athletico)

Huth

Simpson

Grey (Albrighton rested)

King (Drinkwater rested)

Ndidi

Musa (Mahrez rested)

Slimani (Vardy rested)

Ulloa (Okazaki rested)

4 of our key players without the ball Schmeichel, Huth, Simpson, Ndidi play both games, gives squad players a game an has a chance of getting a point this team I think.

If we want to rest players then I'd try out Benny and Morgan partnership here and give Wes some game time. 

I'd also not play Ndidi the full 90 if he starts. Obviously it's difficult to plan to take players off before you know what infolds during a match. 

27 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

If we want to rest players then I'd try out Benny and Morgan partnership here and give Wes some game time. 

I'd also not play Ndidi the full 90 if he starts. Obviously it's difficult to plan to take players off before you know what infolds during a match. 

Wes isn't fit

Id give chillwell a gig. swap king for drinky and musa for vardy and Slimani for Oka.... he might rest ndidi for amartey 

I dont actually think he should make 5 changes but they are the possible swap options...

The dilemma for Shakespeare is he needs to continue the winning sequence as it is necessary for the team to confront Atletico with a good mood and to be sure there will be a win vs Everton he should not play the subs. Instead he should worry a little about the primary players form but not too much because they're always prepared to play in such circumstance.

I think that all the teams playing in Champions league have the same situation as city, for exemple Barcelona, Juventus, Monaco and Dortmund all have 1 day rest playing saturday then tuesday.

It might be worth noting that with the number of the bottom 10 set to play on Saturday (Hull, Middlesborough, Burnley, Bournemouth, West Ham, Swansea), Shakes can see where we're sitting and how the table looks before making certain lineup calls. 

10 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

It might be worth noting that with the number of the bottom 10 set to play on Saturday (Hull, Middlesborough, Burnley, Bournemouth, West Ham, Swansea), Shakes can see where we're sitting and how the table looks before making certain lineup calls. 

Just need Swansea to lose and keep that eight point gap intact! 

10 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Good point to be fair

can have an affect on what team we might play as if they all win etc etc. :unsure:

Archived