Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

9 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

feck the premier league and their rules they dont care about us being the only team in europe , i bet if it was united or citeh their game would have been moved to saturday lunch .. 

play this team 

-----------------------------------------------zieler----------------------------------------

amertey------------------waslowski----------------benny----------------chilwell

----------------------mendy--------------------------king--------------------------------

--------muskwe-------------------slimani---------------------gray--------------------

--------------------------------------musa----------------------------------------------------

Mendy is injured

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

We need 2 wins out of 8. Swansea aren't going to win 5 of their last 7 matches. 42 points will be enough

Remember our great escape season? anything is possible still

14 minutes ago, CKB said:

Remember our great escape season? anything is possible still

For Swansea maybe, but not for Hull, Palace or West Ham as well, who are down there too. They are not all going to win 4-5 of their remaining games 

2 wins for us will keep us out of it

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Now After tonight,   I hope you all see...!!!   

Dont try mucking around with team selection, and resting certain players...

We are far from safe...!!

Totally agree and well said my man.  Some of the suggested selected teams in this thread are an absolute joke.  WE ARE NOT SAFE!!!!

Anything can happen between now and the end of the season. Football is full of twists and turns. We are clearly not safe yet with 36 points but obviously we are in good form and looking confident right now, making relegation highly unlikely. However, too much tinkering v Everton could kill our momentum stone dead, which could have a knock on effect on Atletico and those next three away games in the Prem.

Let's be delighted at where we are right now but we must guard against complacency at all costs. Those who say we are safe now are kidding themselves with unfounded optimism. I hope Shakey and the players don't share that view or we will be in trouble.

Selection v Everton is a massive call. We must trust Shakey to get the balance right. I'd say rest Mahrez, Drinkwater, Okazaki and maybe Vardy and that's it.

Very short memories 

Reserves stuffed 5-0 at Porto on wed night and first eleven stuff citeh 4-2 three days later

the players and the management are completely aware of our situation

36 points is enough because it means at the most we need one win to be safe. had we screwed up on Tuesday then we would need two more results which could have been an issue. finding one win from Bournemouth and Watford at home will be an ok task. I doubt it will come down to that though. The team has shown it has the mental strength over the past two run ins to find wins when required. 

next Wednesday is possible the toughest single fixture challenge our club has ever faced re quality of the opposition and the stakes.

If anything, playing a strongish side and losing at goodison on Sunday will be more damaging than playing a weakish one and performing admirably - which I'm sure they will do now the vibe at the club has changed.

we beat their motivated first team in the cup with a perceived second string - in fact the defence and midfield were pretty much first team apart from fuchs, mahrez 

perhaps we will do similar and revert to that 4-3-3 with amartey, king and DD in the middle. Gray musa and ulloa as the three. Chilwell for fuchs and Zieler getting a game although I would play kasper in any case. 

21 hours ago, Loves2spooge said:

SLIMHEAD.png.5c533d696682c86cd5fc11d4b6032d1e.png

This thread has been visited by the holy head of Islam , You need to share this message with 7 virgins before the next game or else Slimani won't bang another one against Everton 

Great idea full grown men having to fwd a pic to 6 to 9 year olds. Just so we know they are virgins lol

I actually can't believe what I'm reading on this thread. We have a tough run-in and we can't afford to not take any game seriously. I don't believe for one second that we're safe on 36 points. We may be eight points clear of Swansea, but on paper they have a more favourable run-in than us. Hull have got some very winnable games, Palace despite having a tough run-in have still got us, Burnley, Stoke and Hull to play, which they'd see as winnable. Two or three changes for me this weekend. No more than that. 

44 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

In all honesty, even if we weren't playing a CL QF on Wednesday, some of the players were obviously tired on Tuesday: Okazaki, Ndidi, Drinky, and Fuchs could probably benefit from a rest, at least.

Most of them have just had two weeks off!!!

13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Most of them have just had two weeks off!!!

Footballers bodies can't store up rest time like that. If they had a year off, they can't then play every day for a month..

Sunderland and Boro are highly unlikely to get 36pts.

Swansea need 9pts to go above us with 7 games left. It's also likely that someone below us will have a poor end to the season.

Whilst I fully agree we're not safe yet and will need another 3 pts or so I think we have enough of a gap to pick the team versus Everton with the game against Atletico in mind. All I ask is we give ourselves the best chance in the CL possible. Whether that be picking for the Everton game the same XI versus Sunderland, rotating half the team or resting everyone.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Sunderland and Boro are highly unlikely to get 36pts.

Swansea need 9pts to go above us with 7 games left. It's also likely that someone below us will have a poor end to the season.

Whilst I fully agree we're not safe yet and will need another 3 pts or so I think we have enough of a gap to pick the team versus Everton with the game against Atletico in mind. All I ask is we give ourselves the best chance in the CL possible. Whether that be the same XI versus Sunderland, rotating half the team or resting everyone.

This.

I can readily see a scenario where we need 40-41 points but we'll do it - I just want to give Atletico the game of their lives and so for me - send out the B team for Everton - I don't buy momentum - I buy fitness and rest, especially as they have Real on Saturday....

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

This.

I can readily see a scenario where we need 40-41 points but we'll do it - I just want to give Atletico the game of their lives and so for me - send out the B team for Everton - I don't buy momentum - I buy fitness and rest, especially as they have Real on Saturday....

As has already been said the reserves lost 5-0 to Porto and the first team beat Man City 4-2 a few days later, there's your momentum.

Swansea winning last night would have been a disaster for our CL plans but if I was Shaky I'd have the first XI already preparing for the Atletico match and let the reserves try and redeem themselves against Everton. It's not like we're putting out a team of U23's like lambs to the slaughter but most of the second XI are seasoned pros who probably feel they should be in the team . We could still play this side versus Everton presuming all are fit.

Zieler

Amartey Benny Was Chilwell

Gray King Mendy Musa

Ulloa

Slimani

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

As has already been said the reserves lost 5-0 to Porto and the first team beat Man City 4-2 a few days later, there's your momentum.

Swansea winning last night would have been a disaster for our CL plans but if I was Shaky I'd have the first XI already preparing for the Atletico match and let the reserves try and redeem themselves against Everton. It's not like we're putting out a team of U23's like lambs to the slaughter but most of the second XI are seasoned pros who probably feel they should be in the team . We could still play this side versus Everton presuming all are fit.

Zieler

Gray King Mendy Musa

Ulloa

Slimani

And thats a decent side!

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Zieler

Gray King Mendy Musa

Ulloa

Slimani

Agree, apart from Mendy still being broken. Hope Benny can do 2x a week like Morgan. Have we got any other spare CMs?

The chances of us going down now are so slim, the whole focus should be next Wed.

If that means resting the whole first team, then fine. If some players would be better off having a game or part of a game then fine also. I personally wouldn't have players like Vardy or Ndidi anywhere near to starting on Sunday though as they are so important to us right now. 

Stat time

• Everton beat Leicester 2-0 in December, but haven’t done the league double over the Foxes since 1986/87.
  • Leicester’s only Premier League win at Goodison Park came last season in December 2015, but they’ve only lost twice there too (D7).
  • 13 of the previous 21 Premier League contests between these two sides have ended level, the greatest draw ratio for a Premier League fixture played over 20 times (62%).
  • Kevin Mirallas has scored in each of his last three Premier League games against Leicester City.
  • Leicester haven’t won back-to-back Premier League games away from home in nearly a year – a run of three wins in April 2016.
  • Everton have won their last six Premier League matches at Goodison Park, scoring 22 goals and keeping five clean sheets. They haven’t won seven in a row since April 2014.
  • Romelu Lukaku has had a hand in 18 goals in 14 Premier League home appearances this season (13 goals, five assists). The Belgian striker has hit 10 goals in his last six league games at Goodison Park.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored twice and assisted another two goals in three previous Premier League games against the Toffees.
  • Vardy has scored five goals in six competitive matches since Craig Shakespeare first took charge of the Foxes – this compared to seven goals in 32 games under Claudio Ranieri in 2016-17.
  • Craig Shakespeare (five wins) could equal the Premier League record for consecutive wins from the start of his managerial career in the competition with a victory in this game. The record is currently held by both Pep Guardiola and Carlo Ancelotti (six wins from first six games).
  • Leicester City’s record in the months of April and May (combined) in the last three Premier League seasons is played 18, won 13, drawn 4, lost 1 – winning 43 points from a possible 54 (80%).

Archived