Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Kasper

Simpson

Huth

Benny

Chilwell

Gray

Amartey

King

Albrighton

Musa

Slimani

Looks good to me and rests the ones who probably need it. Perhaps sub Albrighton for Fuchs at some stage if things are Ok to give him a rest as well. Centre backs and Simpson never seem to have a problem with playing frequently.

Also gives Musa another chance with him and Gray ensuring there's still plenty of pace up front, and with either Gray or Albrighton on the right Slimani stands a chance of getting some crosses. Perhaps Ndidi for Slimani or Musa if we are trying to defend in the last 20, or Vardy for Musa if we need a goal & Musa still isn't performing.

53 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I would like to see Kapustka play again, think it was a bit unfair that he hasn't been given another shot after his last game against Millwall where he had a good game.

Would be surprised if he doesn't make the bench at least. Kapustka and Slimani starting line up? Remember against Milwall (yes I know they are shit even though they beat us) he put in some brilliant through balls and crosses as well as linking the play a lot better then Okazaki.

apropos of nothing, we'll be wearing red

last year we won there in black

great eascape year we drew in red

Obviously we have lost every game this season when in red

apparently we haven't lost there since 2003 but then we went a lot of years not playing many prem teams! 

Would love Leo to get a run out today. Bit of a depleted Everton back four is expected so he could bully them. Don't think Albrighton needs a rest either so we could get quality crosses in to him.

Not massively concerned about the result today barring an humiliation 

Playing the final game of the weekend and then away in Europe is riduclus scheduling. No time to recover or plan for Athletico so I do think there will be changes.

So it will be interesting to see what Shakey thinks of our squad players Kapustka, King, Slim, Ulloa, Chilwell, Amarty. and if he thinks he can fit these players in our preferred system or if he thinks he can get the most out of them with a different style and formation .

14 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

So it will be interesting to see what Shakey thinks of our squad players Kapustka, King, Slim, Ulloa, Chilwell, Amarty. and if he thinks he can fit these players in our preferred system or if he thinks he can get the most out of them with a different style and formation .

I think this is the point. Who works for us and who's a square peg. 

Shakey has already said  he'll make changes today and Musa is likely to play. With his bad press today I expect he'll be wound up to play well today.

I'd also like to see Amartey in CB and Maybe big Was to handle Lukaku. It would also be nice to see Kapustka get another run out.

I think Slim needs more Match time for Wednesday so I expect he may start first half with Ulloa coming on. But i have this feeling that Musa might be the Match winner today.

7 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

No pouting, no egg timers, and a thumbs up. I guess Gray is starting.

Or maybe he is happier with being given game time recently and can understand if he doesn't start as we are back in form? He wasn't moaning for no reason in November December as we were shit and he wasn't being given a chance.

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Looks good to me and rests the ones who probably need it. Perhaps sub Albrighton for Fuchs at some stage if things are Ok to give him a rest as well. Centre backs and Simpson never seem to have a problem with playing frequently.

Also gives Musa another chance with him and Gray ensuring there's still plenty of pace up front, and with either Gray or Albrighton on the right Slimani stands a chance of getting some crosses. Perhaps Ndidi for Slimani or Musa if we are trying to defend in the last 20, or Vardy for Musa if we need a goal & Musa still isn't performing.

I literally have this apart from Ndidi for Amartey, I make 5 changes you have 6 from the line up that will play on Wednesday. Ndidi is key, shakey wants to be competitive with this game, an as Ndidi is 20, I reckon he can play with at optimal levels, but other than that looks good.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Huth

Benny

Chilwell

Grey

King

Ndidi

Albrighton

Slimani

Musa

My thoughts on it keep changing but playing Ndidi makes us more competitive at both ends of pitch.

Full strength unless pressing fitness issue. Momentum is massive, for next year just remember the escape, finishing with a flourish in top 10 will help us sign decent players too. Not sure any resting will make that much of a difference. Line them up and we will do our best to knock em down.

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Shakey has already said  he'll make changes today and Musa is likely to play. With his bad press today I expect he'll be wound up to play well today.

I'd also like to see Amartey in CB and Maybe big Was to handle Lukaku. It would also be nice to see Kapustka get another run out.

I think Slim needs more Match time for Wednesday so I expect he may start first half with Ulloa coming on. But i have this feeling that Musa might be the Match winner today.

the way he got bypassed by him at the end of the home fixture, not sure 

he didn't do a bad job till that point though Wes was marking him most of the time. Benny deserves another game unless his numbers show he needs a rest today

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Does anyone think that Shakey's record breaking start could tempt him to start a strong side today? 

I doubt Shakey is that bothered about equaling the PL winning record. The way I heard his presser makes me think he'd be delighted with a draw today. I reckon he sees a point away as valuable and wants to come out of the game with no injuries and everyone fit for Madrid. I reckon he'll make about three changes and still play a pretty strong team. If we play the ressies and get battered it won't do much for confidence going into Wednesday. All about striking the right balance I guess...

Archived