Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

I can see why there is a need to rest players and rotate with games coming so quick, but I hope it doesn't hault our momentum going into the Atletico game. 

Atletico are imo the fourth best team in the world, after Bayern, Barca and Real and therefore we need everything in our favour to stand a chance. 

Personally I would only make 3/4 changes and then rest the key players at 60/65 minutes against Everton.

If big Wes don't play in this surely he can't play in Madrid as he's been out so long. Then if he does play will he have recovered in time.

Or will he suffer a reaction? Then be out for weeks. Perhaps put Wes and Was together on Sunday.

Going to do a Jose now why the fvck are we the late kick off. Lunchtime would have been better for us. Total cvnts Sky planners.

I think Benny needs games, and and as sylofox said, if Wes is fit he needs to play.

Schmeichel 

Simpson Benny Was (Wes if fit) Chilwell

Albrighton King Amartey Gray

Vardy Slimani

Bring Vardy off for Okazaki/Musa at 60. Put the Cabbage on the bench, and as soon as the game is fairly decided, stick him in for Gray or King.

It would be great if we could get a draw from this game while making a necessary rotation. That would keep the "unbeaten since Shakey took over" run which would be a fair boost to the morale before the Atheltico game.

Edited: (Mendy injured)

Kasper

Simmo Benny Huth Fuchs (Chillwell 70')

Amartey

Ndidi               King

Gray                Albrighton

Slim (Vardy 75')

Have none of you seen The Damned United?

Just before a crucial European Cup tie,  Clough's Derby side get hacked to bits by dirty Leeds.

For Dirty Leeds, read, Dirty Everton, who kicked and hacked Liverpool to bits last week, potentially ending Mane's season.

Play the stiffs. Save our best for Madrid.

15 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

It would be great if we could get a draw from this game while making a necessary rotation. That would keep the "unbeaten since Shakey took over" run which would be a fair boost to the morale before the Atheltico game.

Kasper

Mendy

Amartey Ndidi (King 60')

Slim (Vardy 75')

Mendy is injured...

will be a tough game and with our focus on Atletico , Shakes will know doubt rest certain players. I'm sure no player would want to get injured before the Atletico game and maybe they won't go into tackles 100% but I would like to see the whole team committed and to win this to give us a big a big boost before the really important game!

41 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Edited: (Mendy injured)

Kasper

Amartey

Ndidi               King

Slim (Vardy 75')

Ndidi was limping after the game, he's played roughly 50 games already this season. I wouldn't even take him to Goodison. Leave him in Leicester to relax. 

13 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Anyone who says play a weakened side and then makes out it's not a forfeit is kidding themselves.

Pathetic attitude. They don't need a rest, they never have done.

For me it's not so much a rest but more about picking up knocks. That little kick on the ankle that doesn't stop you playing but you feel it all game on Wednesday. I'd change a few for this reason.

Honestly don't see the point in resting our entire first team when we aren't even safe in the league yet, do we really want to go to Everton and get completely thrashed? which is what's going to happen with the squads people are suggesting. That has the potential to completely ruin our current form

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan (wasyl)

Benny

Chilwell

Albrighton

King

Amartey

gray

slimani

musa

that's strong enough to be competitive and gives plenty a rest. Everton are depleted so would still fancy our chances. Give vards 20 mins against jagielka and take Albrighton off on the hour or so. Wes will need to play some part if he's to be fit for athletico

Its a bit of a headache to be honest, personally i wouldnt change it too much as i think momentum means a lot in football i would go for....

Kasper

Simpson  Morgan (if fit if not Huth) Benny Fuchs

Albrighton King Amartey Chilwell

Slimani Gray

There is ways of managing energy on the pictch especially in defense. Albrighton off after 60 for Musa (Gray to go out wide) Fuchs off 70 mins for Kapi (Chilwell to drop back to LB)

I was joking when I wryly put my thoughts into the next team selection....

This topic seems now to have hit the panic button...

I see no need for major changes under the the rubric "to give the team a rest"

Shakespeare puts that in their minds, its the nature of the beast...the players will also start to get choosy.

Maybe, just maybe use the odd squad player .

I stand with Souness, and Henry on this general thought...Always go for your best team.

We cant start worrying about potential injuries, or run scared of getting done...

Dont forget what and why these guys get paid, plus Shakespeare to balance out the up and coming games.

We are not out of the Relegation dogfight yet, this is real football, not some app. On a PC.

Not a fairytale of preferences, but an hardlife reality. 41-42pts could still be a must, for that 17th spot. Its not a question of choosing between CL and PL, its about something very simple,

playing Proffessional football to your best ability..

oh...Arent we the team who carries the banner..."Fearless"

You cant hide or pack  all 11-13 players in cottonwool!!

How to approach this game is a tough call, but there's merit in all the opinions expressed here, I think.

The more I think about it though, I'd start as few of the players who will start against Atletico as possible. Here's why:

1. The Sunderland game showed that starting the same XI in two games within 4 days didn't work. We were sluggish. Sure, the players will be super motivated, but adrenaline can only get you so far. If the energy levels aren't there, Atletico will punish us on the Wednesday.

2. We may not lose momentum if we lose with a much-changed team. We may win, lose or draw with any team we put out, whether it's our strongest side or not. The first XI are on a roll and there is only eight days between the Sunderland and Atletico games. Playing one game a week suited us down to the ground last season. Losing with our strongest XI could halt our charge.

So for Everton I'd go:

Zieler

Amartey Was Benny Chilwell

Gray King Drinky (Ndidi at HT) Musa

Kapi

Slim

Maybe swap Kapi and Musa's positions.

Then for Atletico, the standard with Morgan if fit and Albrighton starting.

Guest CityFan 06

Schmeichel, Simpson, Benalouane, Huth, Chilwell, Albrighton, King, Ndidi, Gray, Slimani, Vardy.

Archived