Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

Ashley Williams Red Card might be more significant than first thought, as they also have Funes Mori out which means they only have Jagielka as a senior recognised CB from what I can see.

Might see Barry playing as a CB perhaps unless they have a youngster to come in. Good news for us either way! 

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We played a weaker team in the FA cup and it did us ok there.

I'd still like us to go there and give them a proper going over but since we are practically safe, the benefits of the CL games outweigh our current predicament in the league, so I say sod it, play a second string team and rest the players for the midweek fixture and have a right go at Athletico Madrid.  They deserve a going over more than the Everton tbh.

We could have won the FA Cup. We're not going to win the Premiership this year and I don't see us getting relegated now. . 

There is no need to decide on the team now. Sunderland are now 16pts behind us and only have a mathematical chance of overtaking us so no need to be concerned about them . The other three teams in the bottom four all play twice before we play Everton so Shaky should pick his team on the Saturday night when more information is known.

I'd be asking the first XI individually to give me a very honest answer on how they feel about playing on Sunday with regards to how it may effect their performance next Wednesday if I was Shaky. No bravado from the players but a 100% honest answer. If we're still very comfortable in the relegation battle Saturday evening and certain players feel they would benefit from not playing on Sunday then use the squad.

Personally I'd be happy enough to give the first XI a complete break and from tomorrow they're training with the Madrid match in mind and they don't even have to travel on Sunday. Make the 18 man squad from the reserves and U23's.

Just now, brucey said:

In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to, but it's the Champions League quarter finals!!!!!!!! :o

It is the biggest game in our 133 year history and imagine a fully fit and fresh Vardy terrorising their back 4 or an Okazaki fully charged! 

He has to make some changes and we have enough decent players to still be very competitive agains Everton, especially as they only have 1 fit CB now. 

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to, but it's the Champions League quarter finals!!!!!!!! :o

It is the biggest game in our 133 year history and imagine a fully fit and fresh Vardy terrorising their back 4 or an Okazaki fully charged! 

He has to make some changes and we have enough decent players to still be very competitive agains Everton, especially as they only have 1 fit CB now. 

Yeah... *gulp*

We've been resting Drinkwater for the last 2 games. Time he felt the cold bench.

Confuse the Everton midfield, we rest the midfield, put in Wasi, and Ulloa, with Shinji as the general.

Musa and Slim to lead the line.Amartey the hard CB...

yup..that should do it.Lets see  Barkley trying then to foul Waz.

Put Huth in goal, and Kasper to partner Amartey, change is good as a rest, so they say.

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

We've been resting Drinkwater for the last 2 games. Time he felt the cold bench.

Confuse the Everton midfield, we rest the midfield, put in Wasi, and Ulloa, with Shinji as the general.

Musa and Slim to lead the line.Amartey the hard CB...

yup..that should do it.Lets see  Barkley trying then to foul Waz.

Put Huth in goal, and Kasper to partner Amartey, change is good as a rest, so they say.

F*** it. Bring back Trevor Benjamin and Junior Lewis while we're at it...

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

Will Mendy be fit?

More chance of the local Chief Rabbi quaffing a bag of pork scratchings.  Stick a couple of Monks in midfield.

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

There is no need to decide on the team now. Sunderland are now 16pts behind us and only have a mathematical chance of overtaking us so no need to be concerned about them . The other three teams in the bottom four all play twice before we play Everton so Shaky should pick his team on the Saturday night when more information is known.

I'd be asking the first XI individually to give me a very honest answer on how they feel about playing on Sunday with regards to how it may effect their performance next Wednesday if I was Shaky. No bravado from the players but a 100% honest answer. If we're still very comfortable in the relegation battle Saturday evening and certain players feel they would benefit from not playing on Sunday then use the squad.

Personally I'd be happy enough to give the first XI a complete break and from tomorrow they're training with the Madrid match in mind and they don't even have to travel on Sunday. Make the 18 man squad from the reserves and U23's.

Yep - and this is guaranteed to end in a massive shoeing and undo all that we have re-created over the last month.   We are not safe yet.  Premier League is more Important than CL.  Ask Spuds and Arsehole.

15 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Chuck Ben Hamer up front, I reckon he could win a few headers

I'd rather that than see musa in a leicester shirt again. 

12 minutes ago, hatasi said:

----- zeiler-----

amartey--wasy--benny--chilwell

_____james--king_____

musa--kaputska--gray

________ulloa________

James who?

we played a second string and won against their first eleven in the cup. with the momentum we have, no reason we can't get a draw with a similar side 

Archived