Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Palace away next up in the prem.

I think we will have to try Amartey at CB. We can't rely on Wes being fit and have to have another option.

Depends how Wasil has looked in training I suppose but surely Amartey after his performances there in the AFCON, should be the one to come in 

Would be tempted to try Amartey and Benny so they can form an understanding, but not sure we can risk anything happening to Benny either so should be Amartey/Huth

Really want to rest Benaloune and play Huth for obvious reasons but there is value in giving Benny and Amaratey some free practice to develop a partnership in defence. Will Wes deffo be out for Atletico at home?

Just now, Nalis said:

Really want to rest Benaloune and play Huth for obvious reasons but there is value in giving Benny and Amaratey some free practice to develop a partnership in defence. Will Wes deffo be out for Atletico at home?

Shakey said he is running on grass again but will be touch and go and so will have to look at options. i.e Amartey as Wasil not registered apparently 

Guest CityFan 06

Schmeichel, Simpson, Benalouane, Amartey, Fuchs, Gray, King, Drinkwater, Musa, Kapustka, Slimani. 4-4-1-1. 

I feel Benalouane and Amartey need a game together at CB before Tuesday. I'm not keen on this game being played down. I can understand why, absolutely but we are not safe yet and losing this wouldn't be good. 

Yeah, selection is a good conundrum for this game.

I don't think we need to rest as many as we did for Everton, but the events of last night will impact here. 

Schmeichel 

Simpson Benny Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Amartey Albrighton 

Okazaki Vardy

Morgan has to be fit for tuesday with this selection.

If not, then it does make good sense to try Amartey as CB and bring in King to midfield. 

Drinkwater does need a rest. 

There are some complex formation variations that would shift us out of 4-4-2, but that would be daft. 

Very difficult to pick a team for this one. Think we should go and look to contain and hit them on the counter. We really need to rest some lads though as too soon after Wednesday. I would hope Wes is fit enough to get 60 mins and play with Benny, maybe swapping him for Huth in 2nd half. Benny just needs to keep playing for me. He doesn't need the rest. 4-2-3-1 for me.

Zieler

Simpson

Morgan

Benny

Chilwell

King

Amartey

Gray

Kaputshka

Musa

Slimani

Subs: Hamer, Huth, Fuchs, Ndidi, Marhez, Ulloa, Okazaki

I think we really need to rest people for Tuesday if we're to have any chance of getting a result.

I would play Amartey with Huth though if only to get him used to the position with us. I also see little point in risking Wes on Tuesday unless he's 100 %. Or risking Benny on Saturday.

This is another rubber game for us as all our focus will be on Tuesday so pointless risking players we need fresh and at their best for Tuesday.

Big Sam has them playing at such an intensity that I think they will steam roll us as they did Arsenal.

We may be on the pitch on Saturday but the players heads will be elsewhere and that's understandable.

All we need is two Goals on Tuesday, Why shouldn't we give ourselves the best chance possible. There's a few more winnable games left that we can pick up the 3 or 4 points we might need for safety. 

19 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think we really need to rest people for Tuesday if we're to have any chance of getting a result.

I would play Amartey with Huth though if only to get him used to the position with us. I also see little point in risking Wes on Tuesday unless he's 100 %. Or risking Benny on Saturday.

This is another rubber game for us as all our focus will be on Tuesday so pointless risking players we need fresh and at their best for Tuesday.

Big Sam has them playing at such an intensity that I think they will steam roll us as they did Arsenal.

We may be on the pitch on Saturday but the players heads will be elsewhere and that's understandable.

All we need is two Goals on Tuesday, Why shouldn't we give ourselves the best chance possible. There's a few more winnable games left that we can pick up the 3 or 4 points we might need for safety. 

Have you already forgotten January?

Amartey HAS to start at CB as we will probably need him for Tuesday and so Palace will be a good test for him. 

Although I think making 4-5 changes will probably cost us the game again, similar to Everton, we have to think that Tuesday is the biggest game in our history and it is unlikely we will ever get to be 2 goals away from the semi-finals of the Champions League ever again, so we have to give ourselves the best possible chance. 

11 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We can afford to lose this ONLY IF Swansea and Hull both lose too... Relegation is still too close for comfort. 

I think both Swansea and Hull are capable of going on a winning run, judging by some of their fixtures. 

Just hope one struggles and we pick up another 2 wins out of our remaining 8. I don't want it to get nervy! :sweating:

Our failings earlier in the season - and especially in January - have left us in a seriously awkward situation which is complicated by our glaring lack of suitable reinforcements in certain areas.

However, given our goal difference and the still considerable potential  there is for progressing still further in the Champions League, I can only conclude that we should keep our nerve and continue to make the Champions League result the priority.

Why? Because I think we'll lose against Palace anyway and because we have other fixtures further on which offer us a more realistic chance of collecting the single victory which we need to secure our Premiership status through being 100 per cent fit, focused and undistracted.

But it still leaves me feeling uncomfortable because I'm hoping for things which might not come about.

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Our failings earlier in the season - and especially in January - have left us in a seriously awkward situation which is complicated by our glaring lack of suitable reinforcements in certain areas.

However, given our goal difference and the still considerable potential  there is for progressing still further in the Champions League, I can only conclude that we should keep our nerve and continue to make the Champions League result the priority.

Why? Because I think we'll lose against Palace anyway and because we have other fixtures further on which offer us a more realistic chance of collecting the single victory which we need to secure our Premiership status through being 100 per cent fit, focused and undistracted.

But it still leaves me feeling uncomfortable because I'm hoping for things which might not come about.

One more victory gives us 39 points. 

Not sure that's enough. 

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think both Swansea and Hull are capable of going on a winning run, judging by some of their fixtures. 

Just hope one struggles and we pick up another 2 wins out of our remaining 8. I don't want it to get nervy! :sweating:

We have played 31 so we have 7 games left, same as Palace.The rest have 6.

Mborough/Sunderland also 7

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Exactly my own sentiments except you've said it so much better. We have two games in hand and a quickly improving goal difference. With our new found belief I don't see any problems with relegation and I believe we really need to give ourselves the best chance for Tuesday. Tuesday could be History making to a whole new level for us. We just have to go for it.

We should remember that being fit is different from being match fit.

If Morgan is suitably recovered to start the game then 90 minutes might do him good. It might be a big risk to start him cold against A Madrid and Amartey might present a better option.

Not an easy one to call for Craig and this is where he starts to demonstrate his skills as a manager as well as coach. 

Archived