Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Palace away next up in the prem.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm afraid this is how I see it too. And no one is going to tell me that Chilwell looks a better replacement for Fuchs than Schlupp did.

Jeff was coached by ranieri and Pearson - one a full back and one a centre back. Yet his defensive naivety remained. chilwell is a much better fullback with a sense of what is going on behind him and also of covering his centre half. he doesn't have Jeff's raw pace (though he is quick) or physical strength. He will develop further though and he is better footballer than Jeff.. I will trust Claudio's judgement on this one. He knows what it takes to be a good full back. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Jeff was coached by ranieri and Pearson - one a full back and one a centre back. Yet his defensive naivety remained. chilwell is a much better fullback with a sense of what is going on behind him and also of covering his centre half. he doesn't have Jeff's raw pace (though he is quick) or physical strength. He will develop further though and he is better footballer than Jeff.. I will trust Claudio's judgement on this one. He knows what it takes to be a good full back. 

I wouldn't trust Ranieri's assessment of footballers.

Chilwell has promise but a lot of things to improve on yet. Schlupp has two things you can't easily "buy" but which are like gold in the Premiership - strength and raw pace.

And I'm quite certain that if anyone can fashion the skills of a full-back around Schlupp's strength and speed it will be Allardyce.  

20 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I wouldn't trust Ranieri's assessment of footballers.

Chilwell has promise but a lot of things to improve on yet. Schlupp has two things you can't easily "buy" but which are like gold in the Premiership - strength and raw pace.

And I'm quite certain that if anyone can fashion the skills of a full-back around Schlupp's strength and speed it will be Allardyce.  

Chilwell also appears to have the one thing Jeff was lacking - A football brain.

Chilwell is still young and learning, will make the odd mistake, but in my mind is a far better player than Jeff.

18 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

We don't 'need' to at all. these lads are safe bar the maths.

We still have time to get mathematically safe.... I'll be well happy with a point against big Sam but I'm not sure we'll get it.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Benaloune Chilwell

Amartey Ndidi

Kapustka

Gray Vardy Musa

Really want to see Kapustka play behind a pacey attack, think he has the ability to create a lot of chances.

Bit worried at the thought of Zaha running at Chilwell, will be a good test for him.

23 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Schmeichel

Amartey Ndidi

Kapustka

Gray Vardy Musa

Really want to see Kapustka play behind a pacey attack, think he has the ability to create a lot of chances.

Bit worried at the thought of Zaha running at Chilwell, will be a good test for him.

Morgan is out

27 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Schmeichel

Amartey Ndidi

Kapustka

Gray Vardy Musa

Shakey said Morgan is out. 50/50 for Athletico. I like the idea of our little cabbage as the playmaker and resting Drinky, but I'm unsure how well Kap's even doing in the u23s nevermind as the first team playmaker. Resting Vardy wouldn't be a bad idea although he may be itching for some scoring practice before Athletico - 45 each for Vardy and Slimani may be decent.

6 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Strongest team please

no excuses

You are spot matey.. I just get this throwing a game against one of our relegation rivals.. Madness - the PL is far far far more important than beating A.Madrid.  I would stay in the PL than win the CL.

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Chilwell also appears to have the one thing Jeff was lacking - A football brain.

Chilwell is still young and learning, will make the odd mistake, but in my mind is a far better player than Jeff.

Schluppy might not have come across as the brightest sunbeam in the galaxy but I think he effectively left the club a while before his transfer was ever concluded so your impression might have been exaggerated.  .

I certainly don't see Chilwell as the better player as yet, more a guy whose mistakes at the back are as telling as Schluppy's mistakes as a finisher. At Palace I don't think Schlupp's utilised as a finisher.

It's not a lack of concentration with Chilwell either it's a lack of experience. And there's no hurrying that for all that some will always try to. Meanwhile Schlupp's raw pace has to be coped with and that's what makes him formidable, something Chilwell's not become yet in any way, talented though he is. .     

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 at the back with maybe:

Amartey, Benny and Huth (or maybe Fuchs!) across the back. 

Not right wing back though, Albrighton was clearly dead on his feet Wed, so possible Amartey RWB and Was coming in at CB? This may be madness but it could be Musa! 

Midfield of King, Ndidi and Kapi? Probably Drinky though, he seems to be undroppabe despite being knackered. 

More craziness with Demarai and Slim up top. 

Alright enough madness. It'll be normal 11 but maybe Amartey at RB. 

C'mon Shakey, wow us! 

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

You are spot matey.. I just get this throwing a game against one of our relegation rivals.. Madness - the PL is far far far more important than beating A.Madrid.  I would stay in the PL than win the CL.

You must be joking right?

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

You must be joking right?

Nope..   So you put a star above the badge on the shirt and Skybet patches on the sleeves? You are the one that is joking?

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I would take dropping down a few divisions to win the Champions League!

We are probably already safe anyway, so all the Palace game would do is maybe move us up a place or two in the league. You would prefer a couple of places higher than progressing in the Champions League? I don't get that at all. 

1 minute ago, Viva said:

I would take dropping down a few divisions to win the Champions League!

We are probably already safe anyway, so all the Palace game would do is maybe move us up a place or two in the league. You would prefer a couple of places higher than progressing in the Champions League? I don't get that at all. 

Barnsley away on a Tuesday night- yep I would  swop that for winning the CL.. You don't get me , I don't get you.. Matter closed.

Archived