Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Palace away next up in the prem.

We go in with an experimental lineup again, we'll lose.

Hopefully we'll get through Madrid unscathed, so if Wes is fit it will need to be:

Kasper, Simpson, Fuchs, Wes, Huth, Drinky, Wilfred, Albrighton, Mahrez, Vardy, Okazaki.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:09, Aus Fox said:

Let's pack our bags first and see what happens in sunny Spain before worrying about cold afternoons in London.

Really not a great result for us. Let's just hope we get the same arsenil.

Well, i am certainly a little less confident than i was before. What a result for Palace.

Their confidence will be at peak and it is worrying that we face them after playing what will be a very demanding fixture on the Wednesday night.

There will have to be changes made, thus putting us at an even lesser advantage.

Sorry to say but i can see another Everton esque game with us coming away empty handed.

Sits between the Champions League games. So players will be 95% only - and also possibly suffering from a heavy game (defeat too?) in Madrid. I think it will be 3-0 Palace - still believe we need 2-3 points more to be safe. 

33 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Sits between the Champions League games. So players will be 95% only - and also possibly suffering from a heavy game (defeat too?) in Madrid. I think it will be 3-0 Palace - still believe we need 2-3 points more to be safe. 

Agree! 

Palace will be playing with aggression and confidence after wins against Chelsea and Arsenal.... 

We'll be tired after Wednesday's efforts and just can't see anything but a convincing win for Palace!! 

Nailed on defeat for me too. Schlupp is making a nonsense of people's assessment of his value on here, as I thought he would. He's become first choice at left-back at a time when Palace have started winning, being much more solid in defence and being adept at breaking forward with breathtaking effect.

Any notion that Chilwell is or was the better option was always wishful thinking. I think Schlupp felt insulted by his treatment at Leicester after our title success and clearly wanted out there's n way young Chilwell can match his strength and raw pace at full-back for all that he's quite a cultured footballer for a defender.

Schlupp will be up for the Leicester game big time and his team will be bouyant after their 3-0 win over Arsenal. They've always posed an attacking threat but Palace will also be mean as Scrooge in defence under Allardyce and I can only see them winning by two or three goals especially with our heads being turned towards the Champions League games.

It's rare for me to feel like this. But i'll be going against the habit of a lifetime and putting money on it, just as I was sure we'd lose to Everton.

Our first choice players will be physically and mentally drained and we don't have the reserves to beat a poor Millwall team let alone an emerging, quick and well-organised team like Crystal Palace.

I hope I'm wrong of course but we burst our own bubble at Everton and I think we'll struggle now to blow another. Momentum is an important thing in football teams and while I well understand Shakespeare and many on here insisting we need our first team fit and fresh for the challenge against Atletico Madrid, I doubt we'll be able to just flick a switch and regain the cohesion we showed during our winning streak.

We're kind of mortal now and opponents will have seen some of our limitations. Four goals conceded through one of the worst first half defensive performances I've seen in top class football will hardly discourage the opposition especially as there seems no hope of the over-maligned Morgan returning.

I sincerely hope Shakespeare's got an innovative Plan B for our defensive strategy on Wednesday - a match when I'd certainly be thinking of using Ulloa - because, without one, we're facing the prospect of a real hammering.             

Play anything but our best 11 and this will be a voluntary re-entry into the relegation battle. Priority must be PL survival above all else.

Clearly going to be a very tough game and who knows how mentally and physically drained the players will be and how they react after whatever happens in the Atletico game. Palace will be on a high after destroying Arsenal and their tails will be up and they will think they have a great chance of beating us. hopefully Shakes will have the team better prepared than Wenger did with the gunners!

I don't see us losing this. Palace are on a great run but I don't think they'll beat us. A draw is probably the obvious result.

If we can get Mahrez or Gray attacking Schlupp and setting traps on him then that's where we need to focus. He's been doing very well at Palace but we all know his weaknesses. It's time we ganged up on him and confused him. Maybe trick him in to thinking he still plays for us.

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Play anything but our best 11 and this will be a voluntary re-entry into the relegation battle. Priority must be PL survival above all else.

I think it'll be a very strong team. It's important we don't let Palace go ahead of us so a draw is absolutely fine and a win will put us on the verge of safety. We've some very tough games coming up but in a way it's more understandable to freshen things up against the likes of Arsenal and Spurs than it is against Palace and West Brom which are games that we can win and hurt others at the same time.

I'm very pleased with Slimani playing himself in to a bit of form and likewise Demarai Gray. What we need to do is be cute with how we manage this run of games. We don't need to make changes just for the sake of it but if we have able replacements for the likes of Vardy, Mahrez etc then great. I think it's clear to see without Ndidi our defence becomes much more vulnerable and Chilwell and Amartey seem no match for Fuchs or Simpson right now. Benalouane has shown himself to be very good (Everton aside) so we are in a much better position than 6-8 weeks ago.

I think we throw the kitchen sink in terms of effort and mental focus at these next 3 games and then regroup for the Arsenal game. Let's not forget we have a free weekend due to Spurs still being in the FA Cup so that's a week to recover after the home leg. That's a massive bonus and I hope we're focusing on that when some of them start to feel the pain.

Archived