Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Palace away next up in the prem.

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

Nailed on defeat for me too. Schlupp is making a nonsense of people's assessment of his value on here, as I thought he would. He's become first choice at left-back at a time when Palace have started winning, being much more solid in defence and being adept at breaking forward with breathtaking effect.

Any notion that Chilwell is or was the better option was always wishful thinking. I think Schlupp felt insulted by his treatment at Leicester after our title success and clearly wanted out there's n way young Chilwell can match his strength and raw pace at full-back for all that he's quite a cultured footballer for a defender.

Schlupp will be up for the Leicester game big time and his team will be bouyant after their 3-0 win over Arsenal. They've always posed an attacking threat but Palace will also be mean as Scrooge in defence under Allardyce and I can only see them winning by two or three goals especially with our heads being turned towards the Champions League games.

It's rare for me to feel like this. But i'll be going against the habit of a lifetime and putting money on it, just as I was sure we'd lose to Everton.

Our first choice players will be physically and mentally drained and we don't have the reserves to beat a poor Millwall team let alone an emerging, quick and well-organised team like Crystal Palace.

I hope I'm wrong of course but we burst our own bubble at Everton and I think we'll struggle now to blow another. Momentum is an important thing in football teams and while I well understand Shakespeare and many on here insisting we need our first team fit and fresh for the challenge against Atletico Madrid, I doubt we'll be able to just flick a switch and regain the cohesion we showed during our winning streak.

We're kind of mortal now and opponents will have seen some of our limitations. Four goals conceded through one of the worst first half defensive performances I've seen in top class football will hardly discourage the opposition especially as there seems no hope of the over-maligned Morgan returning.

I sincerely hope Shakespeare's got an innovative Plan B for our defensive strategy on Wednesday - a match when I'd certainly be thinking of using Ulloa - because, without one, we're facing the prospect of a real hammering.             

Schlupp was great last night and has been great for us on occassions too over the years he was here. I stand by my assessment though and thought selling him was the right thing to do. 

Palace fans have alredy begun to question whether he has the qualities to be a LB and maybe should be tried at LW.. sound familar? He had some great games in both positions for us, but also some very dodgy ones at LB and very ineffective ones at LW. 

It was also not a choice between Schlupp or Chilwell. It was a choice between Schlupp and Fuchs, as Jeff wanted first team football and who is a better LB? Fuchs. Chilwell is a young prospect who is back-up, and something Jeff had done for many years for us and was right to move for first team football. I would guess that Palace's 60k p/w offer may have helped too. 

As for the Palace game, as impressive as Palace were last night, they were equally as bad against Southampton only a few days before. They are certainly a team that like a big occassion and it was the best I've seen any Palace side play, so they will be full of confidence. It will be interesting to see how they do against a fellow struggler though and whether their efforts will be that high or we will see a return to a performance similar to the Southampton game. It will be a tough game no doubt and a very physical one but surely we have learnt that we can't write these boys off. Time and time again, they have proved people wrong and I hope they can again on Wednesday and at the weekend. 

Game of defences for me.  Which ever team defends better will win.  Our back 4 weren't great, nor were they never well protected by King and DD, however Schlupp could be there Achilles heal.

It's going to be a exciting match, i hope we play a full strength team, one more win and the season is done

No way can Drinkwater play this, and I don't want Ndidi to play. I also don't want King to play and I also don't want Amartey in a two. 

This will be a tough line-up and I can see us getting spanked if we make a few changes. 

Time to see Amartey at CB :scarf:

Give Benny a rest. Can't risk an injury for him. 

I'd rest Albrighton too. He was our best attacking player and ran more than anyone

Not sure if Okazaki was an injury but he needs to be rested anyway. He was poor tonight though

Not sure what to do with Drinkwater. He is just useless at the moment, Our worst player tonight. 

I'd go for..

---------------Kasper-----------------

Simpson--Amartey--Huth--Chilwell

Mahrez---King-----N'didi----Gray

---------Slimani--Musa------------

Bring Ulloa on for Slimani at half-time and give Kaputska a run out 

If Simpson knackered then get Wasil in as CB and move Amartey to RB

We have a chance against Atletico and have to go for it and rest our best players! 

Think this will be a narrow loss although it depends on their approach. A draw is a good result for both teams, although Palace have a very hard run-in. Depends wha Big Sam goes for.

Players' minds will be the return leg versus Atletico but hope we put a good performance in.

29 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

No way can Drinkwater play this, and I don't want Ndidi to play. I also don't want King to play and I also don't want Amartey in a two. 

This will be a tough line-up and I can see us getting spanked if we make a few changes. 

lol we don't have any CM's left! 

Have to play Huth and Was, no?

Amartey, Chilwell, Mendy/King on the bench.

Only other option would be a 5 man midfield? Can we cut Barnes' loan short?

Silmani must get the start; Musa as backup. Shinji rested, Vardy on the bench. Gray starting, Mahrez benched.

25 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Time to see Amartey at CB :scarf:

Give Benny a rest. Can't risk an injury for him. 

I'd rest Albrighton too. He was our best attacking player and ran more than anyone

Not sure if Okazaki was an injury but he needs to be rested anyway. He was poor tonight though

Not sure what to do with Drinkwater. He is just useless at the moment, Our worst player tonight. 

I'd go for..

---------------Kasper-----------------

Simpson--Amartey--Huth--Chilwell

Mahrez---King-----N'didi----Gray

---------Slimani--Musa------------

Bring Ulloa on for Slimani at half-time and give Kaputska a run out 

If Simpson knackered then get Wasil in as CB and move Amartey to RB

We have a chance against Atletico and have to go for it and rest our best players! 

You obviously didn't see Cabbage play on Monday night ?

unfortunately for him Shaky did

4 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

You obviously didn't see Cabbage play on Monday night ?

unfortunately for him Shaky did

Really that bad? :unsure:

I'm wondering if Harvey Barnes, Matty James and Tom Lawrence would all be better options to him now. 

Shame, as he came with a lot of hype. Needs to be loaned out next season to a championship club and moved on if he doesn't make an impact there

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'm wondering if Harvey Barnes, Matty James and Tom Lawrence would all be better options to him now. 

Shame, as he came with a lot of hype. Needs to be loaned out next season to a championship club and moved on if he doesn't make an impact there

watched the u23s on monday & unfortunately I can confirm cabbage was very poor.

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

For me he is way behind all 3

doubt we will recall them though so it's a case of needs must and he'll probably make the squad 

elliot moore travelled to Madrid as cover so if Wes is not fit he might also be included ( if he is allowed ? ) 

Tuesday could go 120 minutes. Need to rest everybody. Maybe give Wes 45 minutes.

Kasper/Zieler

Darnell Johnson/Wasyl

Wasyl/Elliot Moore

Huth

Chilwell

King for '45/Amartey for '45

Hamza

Musa

Kapi

Gray

Ulloa

20 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Tuesday could go 120 minutes. Need to rest everybody. Maybe give Wes 45 minutes.

Kasper/Zieler

Darnell Johnson/Wasyl

Wasyl/Elliot Moore

Huth

Chilwell

King for '45/Amartey for '45

Hamza

Musa

Kapi

Gray

Ulloa

Not a chance, would be a massacre.

Need to play a strong team and secure safety as much as going through to the semi finals of the Champions league.

Probably something similar to below:

Kasper

Armartey    was    huth   chilwell

Musa     king    Drinkwater   Gray

Okazaki     Ulloa

Archived