Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

15 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

That's fair enough then 

feel sorry for anyone innocent assaulted 

Yea u prob missed my post on previous page. I was sat on the table around the square when it all kicked off so we moved towards the bar. Then once the police stormed in we tried to then get inside the bar which the owners blocked us all. I was hanging out the door when he hit me. 

Annoying thing was the people we were were talking to just sat there at the table and didn't get bothered. So if I stayed where I was I would have prob been ok.

oh well. I wasn't bothered bout getting a whack we all know how brutal the Spanish police are. It wasn't local police as they didn't hav ID numbers on show or anything. Hence why they were just hitting anyone they wanted. I saw a bloke in a wheelchair get whacked though which is just unbelievable. 

No doubt Leicester fans went over the top chucking glasses at the police but they went over the top in retaliation. Saying that though 10 minutes later all the trouble makers were gone so the police got the result they wanted. 

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yea u prob missed my post on previous page. I was sat on the table around the square when it all kicked off so we moved towards the bar. Then once the police stormed in we tried to then get inside the bar which the owners blocked us all. I was hanging out the door when he hit me. 

Annoying thing was the people we were were talking to just sat there at the table and didn't get bothered. So if I stayed where I was I would have prob been ok.

oh well. I wasn't bothered bout getting a whack we all know how brutal the Spanish police are. It wasn't local police as they didn't hav ID numbers on show or anything. Hence why they were just hitting anyone they wanted. I saw a bloke in a wheelchair get whacked though which is just unbelievable

No doubt Leicester fans went over the top chucking glasses at the police but they went over the top in retaliation. Saying that though 10 minutes later all the trouble makers were gone so the police got the result they wanted. 

:whistle:

Hooligan.thumb.jpg.0070474bd526ad950a3be057e3446d64.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/12/spain-security-law-protesters-freedom-expression

Spain appears a real bastion of freedom of speech. Just read a story of a mid-twenties girl training to be a teacher whose been given a one year suspended prison sentence for posting a joke on twitter against the King. 

Basically with the use of the 'gag law' anyone would took pictures or videos of the Policia could be charged. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Late to this thread, but this is the first time I've looked at FoxesTalk since getting back. 

There are obviously two sides to this, but admitting huge wrongs on both sides has been quite rare. I don't get the faux-apologetic stuff about making a mess. There were thousands of fans told to gather in a square with few bins, so litter is inevitable. I don't like people pissing up walls and in sinks though.

However, the ****ing knuckle draggers I found myself standing with was just unbelievable. I was fortunate enough to buy a ticket in the Leicester end whilst I was out there, but I was right in the middle of these ****wits singing songs about Gibraltar, German bombers, Argentina, IRA and all of it. None of which are relevant to Leicester. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they could point to Germany, Ireland or within a continent to Gibraltar on a globe. These people, the ones that sing about a load of xenophobic shit, that throw bottles, and act like wankers deserve to be dealt with.

What has been largely missed in these 29 pages is the Spanish Police's complete disregard of catching the culprit. They just wanted to wade through people anyone blatantly from Leicester. Some could have removed themselves from the situation like I did, but there are videos of some quite clearly trying to do the same and still end up being whacked.  

I find myself embarrassed by both sides. There were some absolute drongo City fans with and without tickets, but unless the police made a concerted effort to catch any troublemakers, I've got no sympathy for them whatsoever. 

There are some who'd find reason to excuse the law enforcers murder if they had "orders". It might be different if they were the victims, mind, and if they still had life and breath to respond at all.      

I see there were some complete degenerates at the top of high street throwing bottles and beer at a small group of Madrid fans yesterday afternoon.

The type of adults dressed as 13 year old children who have never been to a game.

Complete and utter Tossers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I see there were some complete degenerates at the top of high street throwing bottles and beer at a small group of Madrid fans yesterday afternoon.

The type of adults dressed as 13 year old children who have never been to a game.

Where are the Spanish Riot Police when you need them...

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I thought that our police dealt very well with what was potentially developing into a very nasty incident. I hope that some of those Atletico fans were off-duty Policía Municipal de Madrid and have watched and learnt how to deal with these situations.