Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

Just now, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Haven't they turned down 20m from WBA, He is not a better player than Maguire.

The price doesn't always reflect the quality of the player. It's a supply and demand world in football transfers. We got a very good deal with Maguire but Middlesbrough are going to play hard ball and try and get top dollar. If Gibson goes for 25 it doesn't mean he is better than Maguire at 17.

On 8/5/2017 at 13:09, Fox 4 Life said:

Shakey has been playing Amartey purely as RB. for some reason he doesn't see him at CB. Went with Fuchs over him last season even with all the injuries!

Amartey is a very good CB from the look of it. He can step in right now and play a Benny-type role as a back-up. I think Shakey knows we are buying a CB, and even if we don't, we need a back-up RB more than another back-up CB, so if we can use preseason for Amartey to work at mastering the angles and improving his positioning, that is a good use of his time. But his CB instincts seem to betray him a bit, saw him playing too narrow, I think he knows the positioning inside and when in danger, retreats to be closer to where he is comfortable. 

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The price doesn't always reflect the quality of the player. It's a supply and demand world in football transfers. We got a very good deal with Maguire but Middlesbrough are going to play hard ball and try and get top dollar. If Gibson goes for 25 it doesn't mean he is better than Maguire at 17.

True, I've been more impressed with Maguire then Stones and he went for 50M. We lost out on Keane last year squabbling over 5M, we dont want to make that mistake again.

1 hour ago, vanity said:

Amartey is a very good CB from the look of it. He can step in right now and play a Benny-type role as a back-up. I think Shakey knows we are buying a CB, and even if we don't, we need a back-up RB more than another back-up CB, so if we can use preseason for Amartey to work at mastering the angles and improving his positioning, that is a good use of his time. But his CB instincts seem to betray him a bit, saw him playing too narrow, I think he knows the positioning inside and when in danger, retreats to be closer to where he is comfortable. 

Amartey is just shit full stop. Not as shit as musa though.

11 minutes ago, sm1 said:

True, I've been more impressed with Maguire then Stones and he went for 50M. We lost out on Keane last year squabbling over 5M, we dont want to make that mistake again.

Me too !!  If Gibson is on the same level as Maguire & by all accounts he is then at 20 to 25 he still would be a good deal. I'm just worried that his head may get turned by Man City interest. I'm pretty sure he would get regular playing time here but would be a sub at Man City.

Sadly I fear the Man City interest will drive up the price. If he goes there he will be killing his career as he will likely be doing a "Delph" or what used to known as a "Sinclair" ?. If we pay the money and sign this guy even at 30m , this time next year he will be worth 50m. Gibson and Maguire will go to the WC if they start together  for us this season. Vards and Inheacho will score a lot of goals, we just need to make sure we are tight at the back and we will have a good season. 

Maybe ShAkey is reluctant to bin Huth and Morgan from the starting lineup this season out of loyalty to them. I hope not.

we virtually stole Maguire for 17m, we cannot expect to do that every time we buy an English player.

Just glad we've got Harry Maguire for decent fee, who I feel is a better all-round player than Gibson.

If Gibson stays until next Summer there, I'd consider us getting him when Huth and Morgan are another year older.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Just glad we've got Harry Maguire for decent fee, who I feel is a better all-round player than Gibson.

If Gibson stays until next Summer there, I'd consider us getting him when Huth and Morgan are another year older.

Gibson will want to play in the Premier league this season to have a chance at a world cup berth. If we can't afford him this year we sure won't be able to next year.

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

He apparently be going Southampton to replace VVD.. which i can see happening. Will have a worldie of a season and we will be all like 'wish we got him' lol  we then blame Rudkin .. repeat. .....Vicious circle.

Michael Keane mk2!

He's only going to go where he's guaranteed first team football with a world cup next year. Are we realistically able to offer him that with Maguire coming in as well, or the risk the fact that we throw two young players in at the deep end to keep everyone happy?

12 minutes ago, shramik said:

He's only going to go where he's guaranteed first team football with a world cup next year. Are we realistically able to offer him that with Maguire coming in as well, or the risk the fact that we throw two young players in at the deep end to keep everyone happy?

I've no idea how good Gibson is but the thought of getting two young possibly future England centre halves and letting them form a partnership from the off excites me.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've no idea how good Gibson is but the thought of getting two young possibly future England centre halves and letting them form a partnership from the off excites me.

But we aren't going to drop both Morgan and huth which means he won't get guaranteed game time which will happen on the south coast 

Archived