Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Everton :crylaugh:

Palace, West Ham and Everton to go down would be amazing!

Seriously, like I moan about how badly run our club is but what is going on at Everton, I know there isn't much choice out there, we struggled ourselves and i'm not completly happy with the situation but why havn't they got it sorted or even look like it's getting sorted.

Edited by Matt

That third goal was disgusting defending. Nobody bothered to run after the ball and close down the cross with an unmarked man in the middle too.

That's what annoys fans. Forget running around, kicking people and showing pashun, doing basic things is all we ask. That was pathetic. 

We might not be doing as well as we’d have hoped for but Everton are an example of how to completely mis manage a club. The worst thing is they were among the biggest spenders in the league yet look worse! I’m not sure they can fix it because who would want to join them in this form?

Our owners don’t get everything right, but it’s a reminder of how good they are compared to some other teams.  

Though the Spurs game, still might be dropped points, I expect us to start to pick up...but...

This years mid-table will be imo an hard grind. If Watford and Burnley continue their good season, Soton pick up, others will find it very difficult...

At ' present'  and with our past form of this c season, we are the best of the strugglers P14 just right.

Now Puel/Appleton have to prove and earn their salt. 1st target consistency that gets into a

'Good 12th' (last season was a bad 12th) push for top 7, as a fan, I want a good top 10,

still challenging for top 8....Puel has to be given patience, and not include him into the

Ranieri/Shakespeare   positive/negative joy ride and era..

Fans imo should see this as the new era..rebuild with young and experience.but still chase and not give up on the cup competitions.

The fixture list has been quite cruel on us. After new year, all our home games are very winnable except against 'Always Find Their Frickin Clutch Against Us' Arsenal. Hopefully that can be the foundation for a surge up the table and a top10 finish. Just glad we are not Everton, what a nightmare they are having!

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

The fixture list has been quite cruel on us. After new year, all our home games are very winnable except against 'Always Find Their Frickin Clutch Against Us' Arsenal. Hopefully that can be the foundation for a surge up the table and a top10 finish. Just glad we are not Everton, what a nightmare they are having!

And yet if they win midweek and we lose they’ll go above us.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

And yet if they win midweek and we lose they’ll go above us.

That has to happend first and they also suffered humiliations in Europe. We are just dour, but we haven't really been humiliated yet this season. 

4 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Won't happen - Wenger has the referees in his pocket like against Spurs last week. Refs do not want to antagonise poor old Arsene in case he bursts a blood vessel on their watch.

Anyone who follows football very closely only has to look at last season when TWICE Burnley were "cheated" out of a point against the Gunners.

Turf Moor last October: Michael Keane thundered a header against the bar late on but in the 4th minute of added time Arsenal grabbed a winner when Koscielny, in an offside position, bundled the ball into the net with his arm! Offside and handball but Burnley 0 Arsenal 1.

The Emirates this January: 1-1 with the match in the 6th minute of added time - Koscielny (again in an offside position) stoops to head the ball in the area but Ben Mee is penalised for "foot up". Wenger had already been sent to the stands for having a "hissy-fit" over Burnley's equalser but is all smiles as Sanchez despatches the 96th minute penalty for Arsenal 2 Burnley 1.

They say things come "in threes".

What a prediction!! Kudos even though it wont help your frustrations.

Won't happen - Wenger has the referees in his pocket like against Spurs last week. Refs do not want to antagonise poor old Arsene in case he bursts a blood vessel on their watch.

Anyone who follows football very closely only has to look at last season when TWICE Burnley were "cheated" out of a point against the Gunners.

Turf Moor last October: Michael Keane thundered a header against the bar late on but in the 4th minute of added time Arsenal grabbed a winner when Koscielny, in an offside position, bundled the ball into the net with his arm! Offside and handball but Burnley 0 Arsenal 1.

The Emirates this January: 1-1 with the match in the 6th minute of added time - Koscielny (again in an offside position) stoops to head the ball in the area but Ben Mee is penalised for "foot up". Wenger had already been sent to the stands for having a "hissy-fit" over Burnley's equalser but is all smiles as Sanchez despatches the 96th minute penalty for Arsenal 2 Burnley 1.

hahahahaha fantastic deserved that for crying before the match had even started 

Edited by ScouseFox

You got Tuesday’s euro millions numbers?

Applauded Paul Clement of Swansea re Stuart Attwell (who once made me require ten minutes down on the concourse to alieviate some kind of blood pressure surge he was causing with his attempts at refereeing). His dig that he's "Not up to refereeing at this level" is a loaded point, he knows damned well that he has been relegated from the lists for a couple of years before re-appearing recently. The serious allegation that he failed to notice a head injury echoes what I said in the day of my near combustion when Millwall players were kicking **** out of ours, that his incapability compromises the safety of the players. To be fair he is one of a four man team, any of which could notice and raise it over their mic's. I fear Clement will get more punishment than Attwell (who can't even use being young as an excuse anymore). I hope it's the end of Attwell, if his games are unsafe he shouldn't be reffing at ANY level but like the turd that won't flush away his name will come over the tannoy again one day and I'll be dashing for the concourse for a Darth Vader-esque "Noooooooooo".

Fazzyfox, chairman of the "Counting the days 'til Attwells retirement" committee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Do you remember the Vokes handball goal against us in the Great Escape season ?? Blatent cheating made all the more galling by his goal celebration.