Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

One of the most underrated aspects about mourinho is his ability to win games no matter the costs. He is more than happy to adjust to teams no matter their talent or their table standings. He can grind wins away against lower table teams and his priority isn't "beautiful football". and that's what actually win you titles.

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Kurt Zouma to Stoke on a one-year loan deal:

Annoying. We should have been in for Zouma. Cracking player and on-loan too. Would have been an absolutely ideal signing for us.

7 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Annoying. We should have been in for Zouma. Cracking player and on-loan too. Would have been an absolutely ideal signing for us.

Any evidence to back this up? I've never been majorly impressed when I've seen him. I did think he was a great player before I actually saw him play though, just listening to the hype and seeing he's a giant.

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Any evidence to back this up? I've never been majorly impressed when I've seen him. I did think he was a great player before I actually saw him play though, just listening to the hype and seeing he's a giant.

Always looked good to me and has decent pace. I agree that he's a tad raw but then he has never really had a run in the Chelsea side to show what he can do. Obviously I don't have any evidence because it's my own opinion!

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

The loan fee will be big though.

Stringer asks the most stupid questions.

"What evidence to back up you think you can win the Premier League?" 

[...]

"I've followed Leicester I'm well aware anythings possible".

Great answer to his own question.

17 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

According to talksport including his bonuses & wages he's on £175,000.

And apparently an absolute ar**hole in the dressing room. 

Surprised Stoke are loaning Zouma. They have just been burnt by Martins Indi and putting him in a shop window for a season. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

One of the most underrated aspects about mourinho is his ability to win games no matter the costs. He is more than happy to adjust to teams no matter their talent or their table standings. He can grind wins away against lower table teams and his priority isn't "beautiful football". and that's what actually win you titles.

It's hardly an underrated aspect of his management, it is probably his most "admired" (depending on how you view him).

• Like 1

On 12/07/2017 at 18:12, Paddy. said:

Trying to figure out which is the most stupid: making an offer of £20m for Marko Arnautovic or turning down an offer of £20m for Marko Arnautovic?

They just accepted a £24m offer from West Ham lol just got to agree personal terms.

I'm starting to wonder if Bilic is going to have the wheels totally fall off this year, whats the odds on them going down? (i just spotted one of their fans reckons they'll make top four with this signing in the comments :blink:)

Edit - here's the bbc link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40648924

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves
  • Like 1

Just now, TAFKA Castroneves said:

They just accepted a £24m offer from West Ham lol just got to agree personal terms.

I'm starting to wonder if Bilic is going to have the wheels totally fall off this year, whats the odds on them going down?

Them going down would somewhat be karma really, especially as the taxpayers pay for their stadium (which isn't build for just playing football on, due to the movement of seats and the poor atmosphere it had generated since the club moved in).

• Like 1

Arnautovic has flashes of brilliance but he seems a bit lazy. Not that I watch him consistently, mind.

Stoke to West Ham is a sideways move anyway. Stoke will be in and around West Ham's position this season.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Arnautovic has flashes of brilliance but he seems a bit lazy. Not that I watch him consistently, mind.

Stoke to West Ham is a sideways move anyway. Stoke will be in and around West Ham's position this season.

He's got a well known attitude, perhaps now he's moving to London it'll drop off a bit - but he doesn't seem like a player who would drag you over the finishing line if you needed a bit extra to do so. I used to rate Bilic as a manager - but now i really think he's a much better coach than manager, very few of his signings last year ended up doing anything - apart from making them a worse side - and i'm not seeing anything here to change that thought really. Joe Hart, okay he could be good - but it just seems to me like he's buying players as if he went to a supermarket and forgot his shopping list - ah, i think i need a goalkeeper, oh that's a great price - let's just get it and worry later.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

35 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I'm starting to wonder if Bilic is going to have the wheels totally fall off this year, whats the odds on them going down? (i just spotted one of their fans reckons they'll make top four with this signing in the comments :blink:)

£24m for Arnautovic is confirmation that the game's gone completely mad. 

3 hours ago, the fox said:

It's not underrated, it's his trademark, and not a likeable one.

He almost always has the most money and/or the best squad yet chooses to play negative football with dirty spoiling tactics.

That's obviously a bad thing if you like football and just one of the reasons he's so disliked in the game.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Seems they want to spend some money as they Apparently also have had a £28m for Keita Balde at lazio accepted 

A deals close for Javier Hernandez for £13 million

Paying £4.5 million to have Joe Hart for a season