Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Noticed West Brom are closing in on loaning Kurt Zouma for the season.

Why aren't we? He's a RB as well as a central defender AND a bloody good player.

Evans seems to be the priority for CB.

Imo signing Evans and getting a good 3/4 years out of him is better than signing Zouma on loan for a season.

Ladbrokes @Ladbrokes

In 1996, £40m would have got you Ronaldo, Seedorf, Rivaldo, Zidane & Shearer.

In 2017, £40m won't even get you Gylfi Sigurdsson

Inflation

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Ladbrokes @Ladbrokes

In 1996, £40m would have got you Ronaldo, Seedorf, Rivaldo, Zidane & Shearer.

In 2017, £40m won't even get you Gylfi Sigurdsson

Inflation

Dread to think that those 5 would cost these days.

Bet you couldn't get the set for 500m.

26 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It's actually more of you believe "sky sources" as they believe it is in excess of £50 million 

Jesus wept. Over £50m for a player who I don't think is even Spurs best right back. They've had Man City 's pants down.

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

for those of you who may not see, Fantasy Premier League is back up and running for 2017/18 and I've created a FoxesTalk league

Code to join is 117912-30902

Spread the word. Let's make it huge!

sign-up and create your team here

I have registered and logged in and I must be a bit thick, I can't see where the "Foxes Talk" League is to join it?

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I have registered and logged in and I must be a bit thick, I can't see where the "Foxes Talk" League is to join it?

Go to Leagues tab, join a leaguejoin private league, and then type the code in the box. No spaces. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Go to Leagues tab, join a leaguejoin private league, and then type the code in the box. No spaces. 

Thanks for that, I hadn't realised I needed to pick my team first ;)

Pochettino is fantastic. I've got a theory that he's got them playing so effectively that it makes a lot of their players look better than they actually are - hence clubs will spend absolutely mega money on them. Is Kyle Walker seriously the best right back out there for that price?

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Pochettino is fantastic. I've got a theory that he's got them playing so effectively that it makes a lot of their players look better than they actually are - hence clubs will spend absolutely mega money on them. Is Kyle Walker seriously the best right back out there for that price?

I agree, they're a fantastically coached team rather than a team of fantastic individuals. I think Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Alderweireld would still be excellent players elsewhere but the likes Walker, Rose, Dier won't be as effective.

• Like 1

Is financial fair play even a thing anymore? Man City seem to be have spent crazy money lately (Sterling, Stones, Bravo, Sane, Jesus, Gundogan), and I can't recall them selling anyone for big money. And they are now gonna spend 100m on Mendy and Walker? And they still don't even have a decent CB, do they?

Spurs have played an absolute blinder with that deal.  £50,000,000. For Kyle Walker! lollol

That said, Tottenham's full backs have been instrumental to their (nearly) success over the last couple of years.  I guess Trippier could step up for them, but if anything happens to him, they might struggle to reach the same heights.

6 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Spurs have played an absolute blinder with that deal.  £50,000,000. For Kyle Walker! lollol

That said, Tottenham's full backs have been instrumental to their (nearly) success over the last couple of years.  I guess Trippier could step up for them, but if anything happens to him, they might struggle to reach the same heights.

How long have Man City been after Walker though? They'll have known about this and have just pocketed an absurd amount for a reasonable but never world-class player. 

They'll have targets and they'll no doubt be better and a fraction of the price of Kyle Walker.