Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

9 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Feel so sorry for him, first his wife now his Mum. The documentary he made earlier in the year was a great watch.

Horrible news for the family. i cant imagine losing my mum and wife to cancer that close together.

I know how it feels to lose a mother to cancer though and it sucks. Hope they get through this just fine.

I can see why Walker has gone for that amount of money.

Look at City last year. 2 full backs and a centre back would've made the difference. 

He's worth 50m for City.

Sigurdsson is worth that much to Swansea, but not to us.

Edited by tom27111

From my spurs supporting nephew

Back when Kieran Trippier was a Man Citeh player, which they later released for free. Who then went to Burnley and impressed everyone.. Who then joined Tottenham for 3.5m. Became Spurs first choice right back and is now making Man City pay £55m for his back up. It's all swings and roundabouts ?

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Horrible news for the family. i cant imagine losing my mum and wife to cancer that close together.

I know how it feels to lose a mother to cancer though and it sucks. Hope they get through this just fine.

Fook sake! First your wife, then your mum...

Really feel for Rio and Anton. And for anyone who has to go through shite like this.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Spurs fans convincing themselves that Trippier is the bestest RB in the world now is lovely to see

Well he's not £43mill worst than Walker.

The reason Spurs full backs look so good is that they have 4 decent full backs that the rotate well. Trippier is a good play but can he play 50+ a season, probably not he is a bit injury prone to. They need to buy another full back now which they will end up paying 20+ for if they want a decent one so really they will make around 30m ish.  They have helped Man City out massivly by selling them Walker. 50m to City is pocket change and they have just plugged one of their biggest holes with one of the best right backs in the world.

Just thinking about formations for next season, I reckon 4-2-3-1 will likely be our attacking formation, hopefully with this. Looks very dangerous. Obviously swap Mahrez for Gray or a future replacement. I'm not sure if I'd prefer Albrighton on the right and comfortable winger on the left instead though.

11 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Nobody has said that. Everyone on here has said Walker isn't worth £50m, and you've got Trippier worth £7m from where? 

Well I should have said £46.5 mill as he cost Spurs £3.5mill from Burnley.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Well I should have said £46.5 mill as he cost Spurs £3.5mill from Burnley.

Got ya! 

Trippier isnt worth £3.5m Walker isn't worth £50m. 

Trippier is good, however I do feel Spurs have become weaker in that position with Walker leaving, which seems obvious to everyone bar Spurs fans. I guess they're happy that Levy has pocketed £50m. 

I really do rate Trippier. Wish we'd have gone for him last summer when he was a bit more up for grabs.

Quality right back, reckon he'll take Walker's spot in the England team before long.

• Like 1

Hardly surprised Chalobah has gone to Watford, had by far his best season there and that was a good few years ago now even though he's still young.

Won't forget that screamer at the KP, and if memory serves me correctly a deemed to be useless Harry Kane scored for us that night lol

4 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Hardly surprised Chalobah has gone to Watford, had by far his best season there and that was a good few years ago now even though he's still young.

Won't forget that screamer at the KP, and if memory serves me correctly a deemed to be useless Harry Kane scored for us that night lol

That goal was one of the best goals I have ever seen at a live game. I was absolutely stunned at the power he managed to get from the shot

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bugg said:

That goal was one of the best goals I have ever seen at a live game. I was absolutely stunned at the power he managed to get from the shot

Potential thread idea there. 

Did anyone go to the Brazil-Jamaica game at our ground when it opened? The goal Roberto Carlos scored in that game seemed to defy physics. 

25 minutes ago, Bugg said:

It was a rolling ball too. Probably 9 out of 10 times that doesn't come off.

51 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Potential thread idea there. 

Did anyone go to the Brazil-Jamaica game at our ground when it opened? The goal Roberto Carlos scored in that game seemed to defy physics. 

It was no Mabiezla for Spurs though!

Guest seanfox778

I seem to remember Sahko I think it was for Wolves scoring a beauty against us, Knockhaert scored the winner in the same game.