Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So it's the other teams that are boring really as they just aren't good enough.

it because in the last 3 season, every manager that adapts a new style with a decent squad wins the league. It was Claudia, than Conte and now Pep (2 of them where in their first season with said clubs)

1 minute ago, the fox said:

it because in the last 3 season, every manager that adapts a new style with a decent squad wins the league. It was Claudia, than Conte and now Pep (2 of them where in their first season with said clubs)

Yeah ,youre totally right. Man City are bang average, its an overrated achievement.

15 minutes ago, Donut said:

Yeah ,youre totally right. Man City are bang average, its an overrated achievement.

?? Who said that? They are pretty good imo but people are going way overboard with the hype. They ain't the "all-time" special like people are making out to be. it's just recency bias. People drooling over david silva and kdb and they are not even half the players xavi and iniesta were.

Edited by the fox

21 minutes ago, the fox said:

Think english people should know this best. Real Madrid has the pedigree that man united had in the time of SAF. Madrid feasts on the possession based sides. They have a better midfield and attack than man city and when time comes, Pep will fail again without a game winner like messi.

I agree they have the pedigree. However this season there have beeen points where teams such as Real Betis and Levante have taken points from the Bernabeu, to such an extent that’s practically been unheard for a while.

One of the problems has been is that the central midfield (Kroos and Modric) has been getting stretched, which I definitely think Man City can do to Madrid. I’d be very interested to see how this Man City team would fair against Madrid, though I do think they would struggle against Barcelona with Barca playing more direct this season.

45 minutes ago, the fox said:

?? Who said that? They are pretty good imo but people are going way overboard with the hype. They ain't the "all-time" special like people are making out to be. it's just recency bias. People drooling over david silva and kdb and they are not even half the players xavi and iniesta were.

That Barca team you mention with Xavi and Iniesta were the best team I’ve ever seen (albeit on TV) even as a neutral they were amazing to watch.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I agree they have the pedigree. However this season there have beeen points where teams such as Real Betis and Levante have taken points from the Bernabeu, to such an extent that’s practically been unheard for a while.

One of the problems has been is that the central midfield (Kroos and Modric) has been getting stretched, which I definitely think Man City can do to Madrid. I’d be very interested to see how this Man City team would fair against Madrid, though I do think they would struggle against Barcelona with Barca playing more direct this season.

It's the fatigue from the last 2 years that's doing that to them. Kroos was never a "high motor" kinda midfielder and isn't known for his physical ability and the Luka injuries are taking away from his tank. but real madrid in the CL are something else.

I remember what xavi said recently. It was something like "Real Madrid players hurt you by doing nothing" iirc. They play a lot of zone defence instead of man to man because 1, thier midfield isn't that athletic and 2, they are just smarter than everyone.

Napoli were very unlucky against Man City! They had the blueprint but ghoulam's injury and their missed pen hurt them a lot. Man City likes to control the tempo and pressure the opposing fullbacks which is not gonna be that good of an idea seeing that Real Madrid has 2 world-class FBs.

Real Madrid made a living by abusing their counter attacking prowess and their heading abilty. real madrid won't shy away from a challenge and are more than happy to give you the ball and just spam counter attacks.

Edited by the fox

The 'big 6' obsession in the media is getting to cringe levels:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43365136

How can you compare the likes of Hasselbaink, Shearer and Cantona's record against the current top 6 vs Aguero and Rashford when Man City and Spurs were two mid table teams at best when the latter 3 were playing? At least make it comparable to the top 6 opposition their respective eras.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Madrid or Bayern would be the worst draws for Man City. Let's hope they only meet in the final. Real have nothing else but the CL to save their season and they'll focus only on that. Don't let their Liga form fool you, they have enough quality and experience, above everthing else, to dispatch on the counter a great but very inexperienced Man City. Bayern are flying under everyone's radar but they're firing on all cylinders since Heynckes too over (again). Solid contenders for the CL win.

Edited by ZeGuy

Nice to see most realise how impressive it is that we knocked Sevilla out rather than laughing at United for going out to them. What is it now, we're the only team to beat them in European knockout competition for 4/5 years is it? 

Incredible. 

• Like 1