Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Burnley joining us on the beach 

They've achieved a target though.

We gave up and pissed about whilst the target was still achievable.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

Only Man City had even put 3 past Burnley this season.  Hope the Arse players got it all out today so they can let down against us..

Let me know if any heads explode on AFTV tonight.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Everyone from 7th down now has a negative goal difference.

We've got the most goals for outside the top 6. Which might suggest our defence is the problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

We've got the most goals for outside the top 6. Which might suggest our defence is the problem.

:wes:

It has been for the past 3 years (Come the end of the season) yet it seems no-one at the club has thought it's really been worth addressing.

Edited by Matt

Oh ffs, motd, the Arsene Wenger show. Last month the Arsenal 'faithful' were calling for him to be sacked, now its the biggest arse-licking show in the world. Think the commentator managed to mention AW in every blody sentence. 

Oh, btw, brng back NFP!

46 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Oh ffs, motd, the Arsene Wenger show. Last month the Arsenal 'faithful' were calling for him to be sacked, now its the biggest arse-licking show in the world. Think the commentator managed to mention AW in every blody sentence. 

Oh, btw, brng back NFP!

It's vomit-inducing. The fans and press seem to have conveniently forgotten all the abuse that Wenger received. I'm sure some of the fans saying how wonderful he is were telling the world he was destroying the club, ruining his legacy and such-like.

Amazing what one decision to leave can do.

28 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's vomit-inducing. The fans and press seem to have conveniently forgotten all the abuse that Wenger received. I'm sure some of the fans saying how wonderful he is were telling the world he was destroying the club, ruining his legacy and such-like.

Amazing what one decision to leave can do.

Glad you agree, thought it was just me being harsh and bitter.

I’d probably be the same if I was an Arsenal fan, Wenger needed to go years ago but as it has finally happened after seemingly like he’d stay on forever the anger has naturally turned to admiration for what he’s done and not what he’s doing. Wanting him out and appreciating his achievements aren’t mutually exclusive.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

Crazy how a world cup and end season can affect teams. Burnley get their Europa League - Instant thrashing by Arsenal, and Man U, Spurs and Man City managing a total of one point against Brighton, West Brom and Huddersfield, respectively. 

Dyche said as much, the players need something to play for. We haven't played since February though so that is shit.

Edited by lgfualol

Thought Wenger deserved a better send off than that by the club, that little invincibles golden trophy they must've won 15 years or so ago just looked a joke. Arsenal fans too, the only chant they have for Arsene is 'One Arsen Wenger, There's only one Arsene Weeeeenga' over and over again after all these years, they use the same chant for Mertesacker.

Their songbook is cringily naff though tbh

We've got a big fakkin German, big fakkin Geeeermun

One Arsene Wenga, Only One Arsene Wenga

&

Aaaaarsunul, Aaaaaarsunuw, Aaaaarsunuw, aaaaaaawsunuw droning on and on and on

Maybe it's all his fault and they blame him for sapping all of the passion out of them

33 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Thought Wenger deserved a better send off than that by the club, that little invincibles golden trophy they must've won 15 years or so ago just looked a joke. Arsenal fans too, the only chant they have for Arsene is 'One Arsen Wenger, There's only one Arsene Weeeeenga' over and over again after all these years, they use the same chant for Mertesacker.

&

Maybe it's all his fault and they blame him for sapping all of the passion out of them

All London club's songbooks are poor. Man United and Liverpool probably have the best.

I can see Swansea getting something out of the game with Southampton. If it's a draw, there's still every chance that the incredible Wagner (boring, boring football) can lead his team back to the championship still

15 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

&

I'm not sure it looked a joke. It's not like they commissioned it themselves. It was specially made for Arsenal FC by the Premier League. They were literally giving a trophy awarded to the football club to Wenger himself. The symbolism in that means far more than any horrific over-the-top club commissioned piece that could've been produced...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nantes newspaper reckons Claudio is in talks with Spurs.....

At least they might win something.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/claudio-ranieri-tottenham-hotspur-manager-1544069

There's some vids of us and Ranieri in the report.

After their dirty hotelgate antics, I hope Swansea go down. Plus it will stop Puel smugly pointing to Southampton getting relegated.

We'd probably get Kingy back too, not that he's that good, but we need all the help we can get to restore dressing room morale once Puel leaves.

Edited by brucey