Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Southampton signed Lemina then. That midfield of theirs looking stronger than ever. If they can get a good replacement for VD then they’ll be hoping for top 6 surely.

Feel like they’re missing a top class striker too, unless a full season of Gabiadini means he’ll bag 20 plus

Newcastle I think are mixed. Got a mate who supports them who is very sound but do think they've got a collective entitlement about them, although I'm definitely on their side over Ashley.

Man Utd won't win the league. I'm sure of that.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 49er said:

Once again, despite all the spending, this is an average league. If we can get our act together, we can comfortably finish in the top eight at least.

So many poor teams - three promoted sides, Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace, Stoke, WBA, Swansea, West Ham, Southampton, Watford

As for the so-called 'big' teams:

Arsenal - they won't be winning the Premier League with players such as Xhaka, Monreal, Welbeck, Giroud.

Man City - massive spending spree. £50M for Walker, as outrageous as the same amounts previously paid for Stones and Sterling. Despite the huge investment, they have only won the Premier league once more than we have

Liverpool - weak defence. Coutinho will be off to Barcelona, so they have lost their only class player.

Man Utd - big transfer fees, but will this to be to no avail?

Chelsea - surprisingly all over the place in terms of losing so many players. Could Hazard be off to to Real Madrid/ Barcelona?

More than likely. That's what they've become now. A circus pandering to their global fans rather than building a team.

I don't know about people doubting Manchester United, to me they are the favourites this year because they managed to keep the spine of the team together and add some terrific talent in Lukaku and Matic. And who knows - maybe Ibrahimovic returns for one final season.

Personally, I have my doubts regarding Manchester City. Firepower up front, but the new additions in the back will take time to adjust. I think they'll start off badly and recuperate as the season progresses, learning curve and all.

An outrageous shout out to Arsenal as an outside call, I'd be quite happy if they won it for Wenger. One final time. Whether they're able to is an entirely different matter, though. Looking forward to Lacazette.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't know about people doubting Manchester United, to me they are the favourites this year because they managed to keep the spine of the team together and add some terrific talent in Lukaku and Matic. And who knows - maybe Ibrahimovic returns for one final season.

Personally, I have my doubts regarding Manchester City. Firepower up front, but the new additions in the back will take time to adjust. I think they'll start off badly and recuperate as the season progresses, learning curve and all.

An outrageous shout out to Arsenal as an outside call, I'd be quite happy if they won it for Wenger. One final time. Whether they're able to is an entirely different matter, though. Looking forward to Lacazette.

No no no no no. Living down south the gooner fanboys are insufferable. They think they have a divine right to win the league ever year and since they fluked the FA cup they've been 10x worse. They'll only have to lose to us Friday to be calling for Wenger's head again. Utter wankers.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I just can't see United as favourites until I see them play positive football.  I don't believe you can win this league not being able to play positive football against your main rivals.  They don't look impressive to me.  Last season was a bad campaign for them, saved by getting in to the Champion's League, but their squad is really too good for the Europa League as seen by that boring anti-climactic final.  This season they will have to compete like the big team that they are and I don't know if they can do it.

At least Man C are good to watch and good at conceding goals.  A good side to have in the Prem for points for us and entertainment :)

Arsenal really need to do well this season or the fans will start ripping chairs out.  Dunno if they've got it in them, probably be the same old

For me the title will depend on if Kompany has a full season - if he does City's defence will be sure enough and they will score enough. If he gets injured they could leak goals that cost them the title to United (who I think will be up there)

11 minutes ago, Adster said:

£18m for Andre Gray lol

I remember watching him down at Hinckley Utd. Never would I thought then he'd move for an £18m fee.

Same, occasionally would wonder down as its not a far walk from where I live, decent player about 5 years ago and improved since but £18.5 million lol Unbelievable when I remember him getting done by the Halifax full back five years ago.

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

18 million for Andre Gray.

:huh:

Better be good then.

EDIT: Sky say 11.5 million plus add ons.

Good signing. His goalscoering record is good. 10 goals in his first PL season, in a (some would say) poor Burnley team, is decent.

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Because they're still unbalanced. I think they'll improve but there's still a real lack of magic in that side for me.

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

Rashford would look ordinary with championship players around him, extremely overrated

Why anybody would start him instead of Vardy in the England squad I have no idea

44 minutes ago, sdb said:

Personally think Rashford is absolutely brilliant and deserves to start up top for Utd. 

welcome to foxestalk 

Edited by DatfoxesKid23

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Burnley really giving up this season. They must have banked some money last few seasons yet they are shedding their best players and replacing them with Jon Walters. Bottom of the league nailed on.

Fans are going mad on twitter.

Talk of signing Shane Long but still need to replace Keane too.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Is it 'unbalanced' or 'unbalanced'

Eg. Someone might be mentally unbalanced but isn't a team's set up 'imbalanced'?

@HighPeakFox will know

You're right actually, imbalanced.

To save further confusion I'll just call them "crap" instead.

• Like 4