Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Signed a young Brazilian striker - lets hope he is half decent as we do need some pace up front and somebody who might score some goals with Deeney out injured. 

What's happened to Peñarada (sp)? He impressed at the u20 WC

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

Watched an interesting documentary about a week in the life of West Brom last season. Look to be a decent club, with great staff around the place and passionate fans who love them and the game.

fvck off they're managed by Pulis. If they really loved the game they'd run him out of town with sharp sticks.

West Brom were a proper annoyance about ten years ago though when they kept yoyo'ing down from the Prem and they were clearly too good for the Championship with Mowbray and Brunt, Koren ect. Wasn't fun seeing us put up fights whilst being completely outclassed but I feel the year we did go down and the one we didn't make up for it.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Megson rejoined them about a week ago.

West Brom are harmless, quite likeable, and the away day is quality so no way would I want them to go down.

Would be correct if they didn't play Pulisball and weren't unbeaten at our gaff since about the 18th century. As things stand, they can **** off.

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Sorry you just happened to be one of those people who had commented but perhaps wasn't directly one of the people who slaggs Newcastle... your reasoning makes sense, I too hope Huddersfield do well!

No no no, none of this makes any sense, people apologising to each other and understanding their point instead of getting into a slagging match?! :P

Yeah better to have more northern teams imo, pisses  the London bias journos if nothing else.

• Like 1

Man United looked bad today and were given a lesson of football. The Mou's negative football is absolutely horrible to watch. A 250M+ team of lumberjacks parking the train and waiting for the counter. Lukaku is good at holding the ball but boy, his first touch is really poor. He also can't do a throw in.

Edited by ZeGuy

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I can't figure out if Marcus Rashford is very good or terrible. Whenever I've watched him he's both. 

He's made an instant difference when he came on and should start over Lingard. Has to work on his finish. Mou won't bring the best out of him though. He needs a Klopp like coach.

Edited by ZeGuy

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I can't figure out if Marcus Rashford is very good or terrible. Whenever I've watched him he's both. 

I think he is incredibly overrated, which I suppose comes with being young, English and playing for United. 

I am yet to see him have a game that makes me think he could be a world class player one day.

Once again, despite all the spending, this is an average league. If we can get our act together, we can comfortably finish in the top eight at least.

So many poor teams - three promoted sides, Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace, Stoke, WBA, Swansea, West Ham, Southampton, Watford

As for the so-called 'big' teams:

Arsenal - they won't be winning the Premier League with players such as Xhaka, Monreal, Welbeck, Giroud.

Man City - massive spending spree. £50M for Walker, as outrageous as the same amounts previously paid for Stones and Sterling. Despite the huge investment, they have only won the Premier league once more than we have

Liverpool - weak defence. Coutinho will be off to Barcelona, so they have lost their only class player.

Man Utd - big transfer fees, but will this to be to no avail?

Chelsea - surprisingly all over the place in terms of losing so many players. Could Hazard be off to to Real Madrid/ Barcelona?

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

He young that's what he is. The words over used, often until a player is like 26, but he has potential. I've not seen many players burst on the scene at the age he did in this country, but it's not a guarantee he'll be a brilliant player, numerous decision down the line could make or break that, and doesn't mean he'll be brilliant week in week out right now.

• Like 3

Just now, Facecloth said:

He young that's what he is. The words over used, often until a player is like 26, but he has potential. I've not seen many players burst on the scene at the age he did in this country, but it's not a guarantee he'll be a brilliant player, numerous decision down the line could make or break that, and doesn't mean he'll be brilliant week in week out right now.

I think he gets more hype because he plays for Man Utd. Has potential, but raw pace may not be enough. I always remember Lee Sharpe being given similar accolades at a young age, Alan Smith of Leeds seemed to be world class and Jonathan Woodgate was likely to be the next Bobby Moore...

Zaha is someone else who has quite reached the heights that were expected of him.

Does anyone remember Francis Jeffers at Everton? 

Jack Wilshere

Theo Walcott

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Phil Jones

Darren Bent

Edited by 49er

He looks to have loads of potential but also looks like he's got the English disease of being powerful, pacy and direct but also to play like a headless chicken. Hopefully that nous will come with experience.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that he should not be taking set pieces.

27 minutes ago, 49er said:

Zaha is someone else who has quite reached the heights that were expected of him.

Does anyone remember Francis Jeffers at Everton? 

Jack Wilshere

Theo Walcott

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Phil Jones

Darren Bent

j Joachim

j schlupp

Hundreds of players over the years everyone's had them.