Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Although a little large... this is a much better way of putting a sleeve sponsor on... sadly we had to use a patch because of the stupid puma dots!DGxt1Y5XoAAOReG.jpg.fd669f92f6054789f879e1fc95c45716.jpg

What a smug looking bunch of cvnts. 

Fvck I hate Liverpool. 

Utter scum.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AjcW said:

Although a little large... this is a much better way of putting a sleeve sponsor on... sadly we had to use a patch because of the stupid puma dots!DGxt1Y5XoAAOReG.jpg.fd669f92f6054789f879e1fc95c45716.jpg

No good way to do it IMO.  Headed down the slope to this ...

ads.JPG

Danny Rose lol 

Wants to win trophies, wants more money and apparently won't forgot some of the stuff Spurs fans once said to him. One big contract left.

Not it sure how much of that interview is true but it's poorly timed.

Edited by Fox92

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Danny Rose lol 

Wants to win trophies, wants more money and apparently won't forgot some of the stuff Spurs fans once said to him. One big contract left.

Not it sure how much of that interview is true but it's poorly timed.

Just seen that interview and it's pretty brutal 

Rose said: “I am opinionated and I might not have long left in football.

“One thing is for sure, for the rest of this career, I will play this game how I want to play it and, while I am not going to disrespect anyone, I am going to voice my opinions.”

Rose admitted: “At my age, and having missed six months with injury, I have been thinking about this quite a lot.

“I am reaching my peak and have probably only got one big contract left in me.

“Time is running out and I do want to win trophies. I don’t want to play football for 15 years and not have one trophy or one medal.

“Sorry, that’s not what I am about. I wouldn’t be happy with that. I want to win something.

“I will say this too — I will play up north. I don’t know exactly when, but I will get back up north and play some football somewhere.

“I moved away from home (from Leeds to Spurs) at 16.

“In any walk of life, if you think you are worth a certain amount, why settle for less? I am not that person.

“If I get to levels I reached last season — and this goes out to everybody — I will make sure I get what I am worth. I don’t know how much longer I might have at this level. I’m not going to be stupid enough not to try and get the most out of it — medals, trophies and salary.

“Anyone who thinks this is primarily for money, that is not the case. But I know what I am worth.

“As with everyone else in my team, in my opinion, I am worth more than I am getting.”

Rose says on transfers “I am not saying buy ten players, I’d love to see two or three — and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players.”

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Having read all of it it's a good interview and I don't really see much wrong with being honest. 

I don't either, it is a honest interview but it's still a pretty brutal statement to put out 

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not all so rosey (excuse the pun) at Spurs.  Can see them finishing outside the top 4 this season with the Wembley factor and small squad

yes.   Kyle walker showed rose his pay slip.  After we lost to spurs i reflected that levy could  be on the brink of a squad that could be top 6 for 10 years.  But to keep it together he had to be brave and adjust his wage policy upwards.

My spurs mate says they will have more money when in  the newground.... but the ticket money is irrelevant in comparison with that from tv.

Truth is they are not bold enough... they will start to sink

Edited by foxinsocks

Just now, foxfanazer said:

The beauty of it all is they'll always look back at the 2015/16 as their best ever chance to win it and they will see the name Leicester City at the top of the table

That had a massive impact on those players. ..  woy got the result in the euros

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The beauty of it all is they'll always look back at the 2015/16 as their best ever chance to win it and they will see the name Leicester City at the top of the table

They still have a pretty decent squad there. Difficult to predict whether they have peaked. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Wanyama etc. all seem like they have more to come. It's an accomplishment in itself if they manage to only lose Walker during this window.

Edited by shen

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not all so rosey (excuse the pun) at Spurs.  Can see them finishing outside the top 4 this season with the Wembley factor and small squad

I don't think it's got anything to do with Wembley. They'll beat most teams there, just like they did at White Hart Lane. Playing Watford at Wembley is much different to playing Monaco. 

I just can't see them finishing in the top 4 because other teams seem to have strengthened. Most notably Manchester City and Manchester United. I can't see Spurs finishing above either Manchester club or Chelsea, and that's before even considering Arsenal, Liverpool and possibly Everton could have a good go at the top four.

5 minutes ago, shen said:

They still have a pretty decent squad there. Difficult to predict whether they have peaked. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Wanyama etc. all seem like they have more to come. It's an accomplishment in itself if they manage to only lose Walker during this window.

Don't see the likes of Alli and Co giving Spurs many more years of their careers without winning trophies 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Don't see the likes of Alli and Co giving Spurs many more years of their careers without winning trophies 

No, but maybe one more year is all they need. As long as they are there, Spurs will have a shot.

I can't stand them but I have to admit they  are a very good side but whilst Levy continues to have this noble/tight wad approach to running the club I think they are always destined to be the bridesmaid at best.