Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think it's got anything to do with Wembley. They'll beat most teams there, just like they did at White Hart Lane. Playing Watford at Wembley is much different to playing Monaco. 

I just can't see them finishing in the top 4 because other teams seem to have strengthened. Most notably Manchester City and Manchester United. I can't see Spurs finishing above either Manchester club or Chelsea, and that's before even considering Arsenal, Liverpool and possibly Everton could have a good go at the top four.

See I disagree. I think teams will naturally raise their games going to Wembley. It'll turn it into a cup atmosphere imo.

• Like 1

Spurs don't have enough depth to juggle all the competitions they're going to be involved in and be successful. I dare say thats why the likes of Walker & now Rose are getting itchy feet. I dare say a few more players are thinking along the same lines too. Alli & Kane will only be there at most 2 more seasons if they don't win anything in that time and even if they do win something a Barcelona or Madrid coming in will be enough for them to be off anyway 

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

See I disagree. I think teams will naturally raise their games going to Wembley. It'll turn it into a cup atmosphere imo.

'Teams saw Wembley as a cup final' will be this year's 'everyone tried harder against us than Leicester'. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think it's got anything to do with Wembley. They'll beat most teams there, just like they did at White Hart Lane. Playing Watford at Wembley is much different to playing Monaco. 

I just can't see them finishing in the top 4 because other teams seem to have strengthened. Most notably Manchester City and Manchester United. I can't see Spurs finishing above either Manchester club or Chelsea, and that's before even considering Arsenal, Liverpool and possibly Everton could have a good go at the top four.

I'm sure they lost to Leverkusen and drew to CSKA aswell, the team whose best player in the last 5 years was Ahmed Musa :giggle:

Watford announced Andre Grey with Football Manager.

The lines between FM and real life are becoming ever more blurred.

Great idea, though. Gives us all the information we need. :ph34r:

Edited by RoboFox

54 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

I'm sure they lost to Leverkusen and drew to CSKA aswell, the team whose best player in the last 5 years was Ahmed Musa :giggle:

They beat CSKA Moscow but that's no big deal. No-one in England should drop points at home to a Russian side in the Champions League.

The relegation battle is going to be very interesting this year, i'd controversially say i can't see Huddersfield OR Brighton getting relegated, they'll be underestimated - and the way they play their football makes me think they'll both be alright in the end - so that really opens the door for someone like Stoke, Swansea, Crystal Palace, West Brom to potentially go down. Should be exciting at least.