Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

20 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So they all honour contracts and walk away for free. Most clubs would go bust.

That's why Clubs offer them new contracts, but Isn't there something covering this in the legislation.

If Clubs have to keep paying them when injured and off form. Then Players should have to see out the Contract they signed, Unless the Clubs are willing to release them by Transfer or otherwise.  

The Window needs to close earlier so that Clubs can properly prepare for the new season. It doesn't seem right or fair to Liverpool that Courtino can quit a day before the first Match, When Liverpool would have clearly set their plans out on him being in the Team. 

Delighted with Coutinho handing in a transfer request- all those Liverpool fans saying that Southampton should just sell VVD because they are a bigger club and he wants to progress his career... not great when the shoe's on the other foot, eh lads?

I can't wait to hear Micky Quinn's thoughts on the matter after he categorically stated that Coutinho was going nowhere and VVD to Liverpool was inevitable.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, davieG said:

Would they though? If it applied to every player then every player would be free, transfer fees would disappear to be replaced by bigger signing on fees and even bigger wages as clubs used some the 'Transfer money@ to entice players to their club. In effect nothing would really change except the players getting more cash and big clubs would still remain big clubs.

Yes the big clubs would remain big. But the crews Fleetwood'sand the like would be gone.

3 hours ago, Foxin hell said:

Nah Watford will get turned over, Salah and Mane looked dangerous pre season.

a few weeks ago i was in the camp of Watford could be in trouble, however i've changed my mind looking around at everyone else, they've got a decent core - a manager who's decent - and now Andre Gray who's a decent player. I'm feeling a draw for them against Liverpool, 2-2, while Liverpool do look dangerous going forward - their defence is still an issue. Even in this modern world of football signing Lovern on a new 100k a week deal seems daft for what he offers lol

57 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Delighted with Coutinho handing in a transfer request- all those Liverpool fans saying that Southampton should just sell VVD because they are a bigger club and he wants to progress his career... not great when the shoe's on the other foot, eh lads?

I can't wait to hear Micky Quinn's thoughts on the matter after he categorically stated that Coutinho was going nowhere and VVD to Liverpool was inevitable.

least im not the only one pleased/laughing that he has, all the "pundits" will say something completely different since its Liverpool and not Southampton i suspect

didnt John Aldridge say VVD should go on strike to force a move through, wonder how what hed say thing about Coutinho

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

least im not the only one pleased/laughing that he has, all the "pundits" will say something completely different since its Liverpool and not Southampton i suspect

didnt John Aldridge say VVD should go on strike to force a move through, wonder how what hed say thing about Coutinho

He did indeed.

Micky Quinn said Coutinho is happy to stay because Liverpool are a club 'looking to move upwards', like they're the only ones.

Premier League 2017-18: BBC Sport pundits pick their champions

Predictor 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Chris Waddle Tottenham Man City Man Utd Chelsea
Jo Currie Chelsea Man City Man Utd Tottenham
Alan Shearer Man Utd Man City Liverpool Chelsea
Mark Schwarzer Man Utd Man City Liverpool Chelsea
Phil Neville Man Utd Man City Chelsea Arsenal
Garth Crooks Man Utd Man City Chelsea Arsenal
Danny Murphy Man Utd Man City  Chelsea Liverpool
Caroline Barker Man Utd Man City Chelsea Tottenham
Ruud Gullit Man Utd Man City Tottenham Liverpool
Danny Webber Man Utd Man City Tottenham Chelsea
Rachel Brown-Finnis Man Utd Chelsea Man City Liverpool
Jason Mohammad Man Utd Chelsea Man City Tottenham
Jonathan Pearce Man Utd Chelsea Man City Arsenal
Lindsay Johnson Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham Man City
Dion Dublin Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham Man City
Gabby Logan Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Ian Wright Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Jacqui Oatley Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Leon Osman Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
John Murray Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Ian Dennis Man City Man Utd Chelsea Arsenal
Chris Sutton Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Simon Mundie Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Mark Lawrenson Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Steve Bower Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Manish Bhasin Man City Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool
Pat Nevin Man City Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham
Dan Walker Man City Man Utd Chelsea Tottenham
Jermaine Jenas Man City Chelsea Man Utd Tottenham
Guy Mowbray Man City Chelsea Man Utd Tottenham
Trevor Sinclair Man City Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal
Kevin Kilbane Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Juliette Ferrington Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Conor McNamara Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Alistair Mann Man City Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool
Steve Wilson Man City Chelsea Man Utd Arsenal
John Motson Man City Liverpool Man Utd Chelsea
John Hartson Man City Liverpool Chelsea Tottenham
Matt Upson Man City Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal
Alistair Bruce-Ball Man City Tottenham Man Utd Chelsea

26 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What are people's opinions in Carragher as a pundit?

Can't stand him and it has nothing to do with his opinion on us or his arguments with Danny Simpson, I just can't stand him.

He need subtitles aswell and why does he do the *stop* *sigh(as if he's trying to push a shit out)* then continue to talk thing. Idiot.

Anyway, Watford 1-0 Scousers! :crylaugh:

Would love the Scousers to struggle this year.

Edited by Matt