Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Who wins it and why? 

Man City for me, they've bought some real quality in, Pep will have settled into the league more and is gaining knowledge of teams all the time.

They'll continue to spend aswell so I can see their strength in depth being too much toward the tail end of the season, I don't see them tiring out at all because of it, especially if a lot of other English clubs are still in Europe, choking up their fixture lists.

Edited by SheppyFox

so Van Dijk has handed in a transfer request, he wants to leave for honours and all that lark, so why the hell go Liverpool, and I'd be surprised if Southampton even accepted a bid from them, unless it was stupidly over the odds

though it is funny seeing the liverpool fans reaction to the news on social media, Southampton dont have to sell him to them, just like that fact they dont have to sell Coutinho to Barca

16 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

so Van Dijk has handed in a transfer request, he wants to leave for honours and all that lark, so why the hell go Liverpool, and I'd be surprised if Southampton even accepted a bid from them, unless it was stupidly over the odds

though it is funny seeing the liverpool fans reaction to the news on social media, Southampton dont have to sell him to them, just like that fact they dont have to sell Coutinho to Barca

Isn't his most likely destination Chelsea now? I'm sure I read that Conte wants to get him in.

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Isn't his most likely destination Chelsea now? I'm sure I read that Conte wants to get him in.

thats my thought too if he wants to win things, more likely too there than Liverpool, though i suspect Chelsea could use one of their defenders in the deal as a make weight too

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats my thought too if he wants to win things, more likely too there than Liverpool, though i suspect Chelsea could use one of their defenders in the deal as a make weight too

They certainly have plenty, though I've just read they're willing to offer Boro £30 million for Gibson

Oh christ forgot I was going to have to sit through another season of pointless Newcastle bashing on here!

You'd be bitter and entitled if you'd been owned by that utter Nonce for the last few years!

They're a good bunch for the majority... just like any club a small minority occasionally lets them down with silly 'we're massive' comments.

Probably the most congratulatory bunch I've run into with regards to our title win too (even outside of my extended family)

Yes i'm biased but I don't understand the bashing they get on here which is mostly based on ancient history and some bloke kicking some other bloke in the head in a heated game (because that's never happened before!)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Oh christ forgot I was going to have to sit through another season of pointless Newcastle bashing on here!

You'd be bitter and entitled if you'd been owned by that utter Nonce for the last few years!

They're a good bunch for the majority... just like any club a small minority occasionally lets them down with silly 'we're massive' comments.

Probably the most congratulatory bunch I've run into with regards to our title win too (even outside of my extended family)

Yes i'm biased but I don't understand the bashing they get on here which is mostly based on ancient history and some bloke kicking some other bloke in the head in a heated game (because that's never happened before!)

That may be the case, but I like seeing smaller, well-run clubs triumph over bigger ones. Their fans have also got pretty carried away with Benitez and I'd laugh if he took them down (again).

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

That may be the case, but I like seeing smaller, well-run clubs triumph over bigger ones. Their fans have also got pretty carried away with Benitez and I'd laugh if he took them down (again).

Sorry you just happened to be one of those people who had commented but perhaps wasn't directly one of the people who slaggs Newcastle... your reasoning makes sense, I too hope Huddersfield do well!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Me neither, I personally like Newcastle and want them to do well, better having them in the prem than boro and Sunderland in my opinion 

Agreed, I like Newcastle and feel sorry for them given how they've become a joke club. Say what you like about their fans, they are passionate and turn up in droves. Their football club is an city institution.

• Like 1