Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Trippier injured himself in Spurs last preseason match and left Wembley on crutches. And they still haven't bought anyone. 

Im looking forward to this season. 

Oh dear, sold walker and now they have a bit of a problem. You can't rely on all your players to stay fit especially with CL football as well, why aren't they buying

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Oh dear, sold walker and now they have a bit of a problem. You can't rely on all your players to stay fit especially with CL football as well, why aren't they buying

Having to fund their new 61,000 seater £800m stadium, so they've moved to Wembley for a season - a 90,000 seater; which means if they fill it regularly this season, they'll be unable to fulfil the demand for tickets in the new stadium by 30,000. Genius. 

Thats before you even mention the fact that they've lost 70% of their games there in the last 10 years. For this reason I hope Spurs go down. I mean, according to the odds they're 5 times more likely to be relegated than we were to win the Premier League. 

I BELIEVE. 

Is there trouble in paradise? 

Levy said: "Our position on transfers is that we have a coach who very much believes in the academy,"

"The academy is important because if we produce our own players we don't have to spend £20m or £30m on a player."

"An academy player has that affinity with the club and that's what the fans want to see."

Pochettino said: “We are working, trying to add some players to the squad."

“Our idea was, the same as before, to try to provide the team with more strength and try to sign a few players before the end of the transfer window.”

Chelsea are looking rather flat! Arsenal looking sharp :( 

strange with Chelsea, they won the league with Alonso and Moses but surely two wing backs should have been transfer priority this season! Alonso is having a shocker today. 

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Trippier injured himself in Spurs last preseason match and left Wembley on crutches. And they still haven't bought anyone. 

Im looking forward to this season. 

Why? They beat a full strength Juve 2-0 in that friendly, they’ve kept the majority of their players together and their academy is strong.... trippier is bad news yes but from what I’ve seen of them In pre season they look as strong as ever! 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Why? They beat a full strength Juve 2-0 in that friendly, they’ve kept the majority of their players together and their academy is strong.... trippier is bad news yes but from what I’ve seen of them In pre season they look as strong as ever! 

Wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

This new diving rule has got no chance of working if they can't spot Willians trailing leg catching the arsenal players thigh thus causing him to trip himself up. No foul and no dive, yet Willian would have thought he was tripped.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was simulation. 

He trips himself up and the appeals to the ref.

Are you joking? He was clearly clipped.

Accidental trip. No foul, no dive... play on IMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was simulation. 

He trips himself up and the appeals to the ref.

Dunno, I thought I saw slight contact (not enough to send Willian over on its own) causing Willain to clip his own heels and then go down.

I think the fact he appealed for a pen made the ref think it was a dive, but I don't think it was. Player stupidity probably earnt him the card there.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Dunno, I thought I saw slight contact (not enough to send Willian over on its own) causing Willain to clip his own heels and then go down.

I think the fact he appealed for a pen made the ref think it was a dive, but I don't think it was. Player stupidity probably earnt him the card there.

As far as William is concerned he thinks he's tripped. He's got every right to appeal.

• Like 1

Harsh red.  Does Pedro now miss three (including Spurs and Everton)?

This match must be a manager's nightmare.  Much more fiercely contested than other sides' "last friendly" with real chance of suspensions as well as injuries.

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Harsh red.  Does Pedro now miss three (including Spurs and Everton)?

This match must be a manager's nightmare.  Much more fiercely contested than other sides' "last friendly" with real chance of suspensions as well as injuries.

Suspensions don't continue into the season.

2 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Suspensions don't continue into the season.

Thanks.  Fox guy said the straight red, unlike two yellows, would count into the season.  :dunno:

Bwahahaha Courtois just skyrocketed it. 

I hate the ABBA system. So there won't be any extra time from now on in all competitions? Direct penalty shoot-out?

Edited by ZeGuy