Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Did Our Golden Era Just end ?

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I do feel like I need a little break now from football - its been so all consuming for the past 2 years. (A couple of weeks should do it!)

We need to stay up which I'm sure we will and then the excitement will build for me again during the summer transfer window depending on who we sign / keep.

I feel a little sad that our CL ride is over and a little washed out by it all if I'm honest - It'd be great if we could attract some talent and quality over the summer and win a few matches before the end of the season to put us well over the 40 mark.

Ah bless ya! Is ya feeling a bit washed out by all the nasty footballers? There, there..youll be ok....

:thumbup:

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ah bless ya! Is ya feeling a bit washed out by all the nasty footballers? There, there..youll be ok....

:thumbup:

Yeah - its not as bad as having to suffer your posts circa 2011/12 but I do feel I need a break.

lol 

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Good thread Gaelic.

I think this IS the end of an era at the club. It's been ridiculous. All the Sven nonsense, Pearson coming back, promotion, then Ostrichgate, the great escape, Ranieri, winning the Prem, Europe, Ranieri sacked....

Phew.....what a fookin roller coaster lol 

With the squad we have now, I think we may have some problems. It's old. The back four ain't going to go on for much longer and who do we have to replace them with? Chilwell is very raw, Amartey...well (shudder)

Mahrez will probably leave, Vardy can't go on running about like a mad man forever.

And, of course, we don't know who the longer term manager will be?

I envisage we will sell quite a bit of the rubbish we have in the squad and will need to rebuild. With this in mind, I'm expecting a tough season next campaign. I think we'll evolve into a parennial mid-lower table side and will win a cup or two before too long.

I suppose it depends on, many factors...

# Top management call and expectations for closed Season business

# Shakespeare descision

# Which players will be departing

# Which players will be chased and actually sign for Leicester

# Who stays..

# Backroom staff turn arounds and direction....

# Do we keep the ethos and character of what we built over the last few seasons

# plus a few other mitigating circumstances...

IMHO...there would be no wrong, if we use our base squad players to keep what character we have

this era still running. Means a few tweeks here and there, but its served us well.

Vardy, Huth, Albrighton, DD, James,Simpson, Benny, plus the youngsters Would give this "golden era" another

2-4 yrs still, obviously +additions.Not forgetting those that still may stay.

Shakespeare would still be the main man, even if we decide on any other one of  the various Alternatives to our style,

He is a top coach, I see no reason to replace him even with a known named Manager.

One thing I want to change, is for next season, Shinji Okazaki not playing in the role he has done so far.

I want to see a potential 9-15+  gps striker sitting there.Or give Kapu his big chance...he could be Just the man.

If Mahrez does stay, he needs to play a more forward role, I would give him a more roaming attacking position.

I see no reason, why we cant entertain the thought of playing  Albrighton, Mahrez and Gray together.

The so called golden era, could still have legs.....:scarf:

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I suppose it depends on, many factors...

# Top management call and expectations for closed Season business

# Shakespeare descision

# Which players will be departing

# Which players will be chased and actually sign for Leicester

# Who stays..

# Backroom staff turn arounds and direction....

# Do we keep the ethos and character of what we built over the last few seasons

# plus a few other mitigating circumstances...

IMHO...there would be no wrong, if we use our base squad players to keep what character we have

this era still running. Means a few tweeks here and there, but its served us well.

Vardy, Huth, Albrighton, DD, James,Simpson, Benny, plus the youngsters Would give this "golden era" another

2-4 yrs still, obviously +additions.Not forgetting those that still may stay.

Shakespeare would still be the main man, even if we decide on any other one of  the various Alternatives to our style,

He is a top coach, I see no reason to replace him even with a known named Manager.

One thing I want to change, is for next season, Shinji Okazaki not playing in the role he has done so far.

I want to see a potential 9-15+  gps striker sitting there.Or give Kapu his big chance...he could be Just the man.

If Mahrez does stay, he needs to play a more forward role, I would give him a more roaming attacking position.

I see no reason, why we cant entertain the thought of playing  Albrighton, Mahrez and Gray together.

The so called golden era, could still have legs.....:scarf:

On that point this position is critical, perfect player mold for it is Griezmann. Not that we could sign him but look for someone with similar attributes that can drop abit deeper when needed then drive from deep and create chances. Mahrez is not that player.

I think the end of the road is fast approaching for the current crop, however I'm excited about the future. 

Looking around throughout the league there's not many teams with a group of young players who look like they could go on to achieve big things. The teams that stand out for me are Tottenham, Everton, United, and possibly Southampton (assuming they don't sell all their young prospects to Liverpool). I put ourselves amongst that group.

Whilst I don't think some of the players have lived up to expectations this season I also think as fans we've probably expected too much of them based upon last seasons achievements.

I think within the next 2-3 years there's no reason why we can't be aspiring towards securing a regular place within the Europa League assuming our youngsters are given the time and opportunity to fulfil their potential.

I don't understand all this crying like it is the end of something this is not the end. We are still one of the biggest stories in World Football and unless Monaco or Atletico win the CL we will be the story of the CL and we are the footballing story of the decade.

Next season we go again with whatever players we have and we can achieve anything next season, we have a great infrastructure and back room staff, we have players and coaches and a manager that know what it takes to win the league. We have owners willing to put money in and we now have worldwide reputation on and off the pitch and if we identify the right targets we can get them ahead of any club not in the CL.

This may be as good as it gets, but it could also be the beginning of something even more spectacular.

If the owners remain as committed as they have been I'm sure they will be looking for Europa League. Top 4 may be beyond us again but winning a domestic cup leading to taking the Europa league seriously isn't unreasonable.

I'd be happy with regular top 8/10 finishes with cups taken seriously.

still as the worlds wackiest football club anything may happen

Back to a previous comment I fell Mahrez future may well be not on the wing but central may take a bit of time to adjust for him but he  can do some real damage there maybe a bit more physical effort required I can see him in there for any club for a good few years

19 minutes ago, les-tah said:

On that point this position is critical, perfect player mold for it is Griezmann. Not that we could sign him but look for someone with similar attributes that can drop abit deeper when needed then drive from deep and create chances. Mahrez is not that player.

I would have Mahrez playing just behind Vardy and a.n.other.

There are other players around than Griezman, so its time we found him..

Its a really good point about the owners, I reckon they're well and truly here now.

Its impossible to imagine, having reached their 2014 vision 1 year early, they sit back and say "we did it, now let's concentrate on being a low-mid table team"

In many respects, the hard work starts now. 

This season was always going to be a blip and Champions League aside, its pretty much gone to plan, heck we'd better finish 10th or around for that statement to come right. 

Shakey is the right person for the job, so we just need another Shakey to take up the AM role for next season. That for me will be a big test of where we will be next season, who comes in to assist. 

The Golden Era, for me, continues everyday whilst we are in the Premier League. 

Our ambition now is down to the owners and their continued commitment.

We all know the playing positions that need strengthening and all know the players that should be updated. 

So, its just down to us all now to moan as much as we can. 

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Good thread Gaelic.

I think this IS the end of an era at the club. It's been ridiculous. All the Sven nonsense, Pearson coming back, promotion, then Ostrichgate, the great escape, Ranieri, winning the Prem, Europe, Ranieri sacked....

Phew.....what a fookin roller coaster lol 

With the squad we have now, I think we may have some problems. It's old. The back four ain't going to go on for much longer and who do we have to replace them with? Chilwell is very raw, Amartey...well (shudder)

Mahrez will probably leave, Vardy can't go on running about like a mad man forever.

And, of course, we don't know who the longer term manager will be?

I envisage we will sell quite a bit of the rubbish we have in the squad and will need to rebuild. With this in mind, I'm expecting a tough season next campaign. I think we'll evolve into a parennial mid-lower table side and will win a cup or two before too long.

Still can't resist any opportunity to have a dig at Amartey.I am sure you have written off players before and been wrong, so we will see.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I don't understand all this crying like it is the end of something this is not the end. We are still one of the biggest stories in World Football and unless Monaco or Atletico win the CL we will be the story of the CL and we are the footballing story of the decade.

Next season we go again with whatever players we have and we can achieve anything next season, we have a great infrastructure and back room staff, we have players and coaches and a manager that know what it takes to win the league. We have owners willing to put money in and we now have worldwide reputation on and off the pitch and if we identify the right targets we can get them ahead of any club not in the CL.

This may be as good as it gets, but it could also be the beginning of something even more spectacular.

Football moves at such a pace these days that our story will soon be yesterdays news.

We'll still get the odd mention or reference, but in a few weeks we won't be champions anymore and the focus will switch to Chelsea or Spurs winning the league.

People will be more bothered about the CL semi final line ups and the big final in Cardiff and our little adventure will soon be forgotten.

Then the focus will be on the FA Cup, play offs, promotion/relegation. We've had the limelight and now we won't be in it anymore.

I don't think this is crying, it's just that our mid table finish is pretty much irrelevant now in the football world compared to everything else that's going on.

No I don´t think its over. On the contrary. The club is in a better financial state than ever with a growing fanbase. We should avoid slipping back into the "little Leicester" mode and truly believe that we are among the top clubs in England. Lacking is however proper recruiting and creating a long term foundation to STAY at the top and expect European football on a regular basis which ought to be our aim.

F... the pundits and non-believers this could be the beginning of a different (meant positively) era for the club. We seem to have no local competition at the minute and it is getting more and more difficult to get into the "promised land" og the Premier League. We will probably face some sort of rebuilding as some might leave and others grow (too) old - but we are at a completely different platform than ever before - and don´t the owners know it!

With the financial backing every club in the league receives now, i don't think we will see back to back premier league winners in the next 10 years....let alone a Ferguson style era, or even Mourinho's at Chelsea (First time around obviously).

Only 1 side can win the league.....And you've got to finish above, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Man City and Spurs to do so.

We've got as good a chance as any of breaking into the 'top' group of clubs. Once there, anything can happen. 

Arsenal and Everton are both distinctly average without their star players, who are all linked with moves away. Liverpool aren't consistent enough. The two Manchester clubs are both missing little things to really challenge at the top. 

Chelsea and Spurs are the only two 'top' sides at the minute that I think are improving and will be realistically challenging every year. 

No one else seems to be in a position to push on enough to break that 7 apart from us. WBA having a great season but how far can they feasibly go? Southampton are not quite their old selves. The rest of the league are all much of a muchness. 

Smart recruitment, clear tactics and the right leadership in place and I can see us getting top 6 next year. 

The top clubs have woken up is a bit of a weird argument, I can't really see the reasoning for that at all.

If you switch us and Chelsea around the table looks nearly identical to how it did a year ago, only with Liverpool doing a bit better and Arsenal doing a bit worse and Spurs over achieving again. Manchester United are making the same mistakes they have since Ferguson retired and Manchester City are still not able to compete with Barca/Madrid for the elite talent they need to be able to do what they want.

If Everton can get up around the top 6 I see no reason why we couldn't do that again as a minimum. Plus we still have that elusive FA Cup win to come!

One thing that gets overlooked with the fairytale thing is our owners. They will do everything they can to get back to that level. They seem to love competition and nothing they can do is ever going to get them the same exposure or thrill as the premier league. They have already demonstrated that they will do whatever it takes to ensure that this happens (sacking Ranieri). I just can't see them being happy to achieve it once and then not again. 

over.

We 'll lose these guys next season(s)

* mahrez (no big deal if we get 32M)

* Vardy * Gray * Ulloa *Slim (will follow his friend) * fuchs

& these guys looked like a spent force

* Drinkwater * Morgan *huth

Archived