Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Huth and Morgan next season?

It's clear we need an upgrade in nearly all departments, especially strikers, other than vardy, and slimani when fit, we have very poor options, Okazaki is awful all round and offers nothing, Leo isn't good enough to start, but is a useful sub, but he doesn't want that, and musa doesn't look like improving.

Its fact if we lost vardy and slimani, we don't have strikers who can score, and could struggle again.

Personally question if Morgan is coming to the end, he's been a great servant and had a great injury free career, but he early season form, niggly injuries recently and age all have reason to question his future.

I'd certainly keep him but both Morgan and Huth need adequate replacements in the summer, it was needed last summer, another nail in Ranieri's coffin.

Huth can still do a job, Morgan might have to drop down to a squad player, i'm not writing him off but I have doubts and questions.

13 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Do you think we will keep them as the main central defensive pairing? They are both 33 now, turning 34 during the season.

I'm a lot less worried with Wes out that Huth, I think Huth is the more important player and his style suits 'being old' more than Wes if we keep one of them in the team.

Huth and Benny an acceptable pairing for next season?

Huth is 32 not 33.

And no, Benny isn't acceptable as long standing starter for me.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Personally question if Morgan is coming to the end, he's been a great servant and had a great injury free career, but he early season form, niggly injuries recently and age all have reason to question his future.

I'd certainly keep him but both Morgan and Huth need adequate replacements in the summer, it was needed last summer, another nail in Ranieri's coffin.

Huth can still do a job, Morgan might have to drop down to a squad player, i'm not writing him off but I have doubts and questions.

Blokes had one injury in about 3 years, might be a bit soon to worry about him being a crock. Plus, everyone was shit early in the season, his post Ranieri performances improved like everyone else's.

Him and Huth should eventually just rotate alongside a younger CB.

5 hours ago, FuchingKante said:

I disagree, he's been solid lately imo

He was crap yesterday, he's been crap in about 3 or 4 others as well. Gets draw out and into challenges that aren't needed far too often and gets bullied by bigger strikers.

Decent enough backup for short periods, but we need better long term.

9 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

It's clear we need an upgrade in nearly all departments, especially strikers, other than vardy, and slimani when fit, we have very poor options, Okazaki is awful all round and offers nothing, Leo isn't good enough to start, but is a useful sub, but he doesn't want that, and musa doesn't look like improving.

Its fact if we lost vardy and slimani, we don't have strikers who can score, and could struggle again.

If most teams lost their two top scorers I think they'd struggle for goals.

13 hours ago, Sampson said:

Ummm... yeah, no one is going to come from Inter Milan's first team to Leicester.

Cambiasso.

Never say never its LCFC and bigger things have happened to us than a fvcking CB joining us.

Anyway at the end of the day money talks.

13 hours ago, Watson said:

I certainly don't think Benaloane is good enough to be a permanent replacement for either - as likeable as he is.

Based on this season- really?

Take out the Everton game which would appear to be a one off horror show and from what I have seen he's been superb. There are not many that get around him with the ball.

With the ball he can be erratic, but that makes him far better than Morgan in this department as well.

I've never been convinced by the fashion for ball playing center halves

give me a defender who can defend…. Stop the ball going in the back of the net…. After they've done that, Ss long as they can reach someone in front of them, their Job is done

yoi rarely see Huth or Morgan trying to play though the lines and I don't think our style has overly suffered for it…. Their game isn't dictated by pace, so, I wouldn't be gutted to see them lining up day 1 next season

a plan is needed and I'm sure they'll have one…. Benny has doe really well for me…. One more would be a bonus

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If most teams lost their two top scorers I think they'd struggle for goals.

Most teams have back up strikers who can score once in a while, musa and Okazaki don't fit that bill, Leo does but wants to play regular but that isn't possible

I wonder if we will sign a CB in the summer now. You'd think we would, but with Benny showing he's an able deputy and Wague signed on deadline day we might feel we have enough cover. If it was down to me, I'd prioritise this position and buy a quality young CB but because of the prices that will be thrown around I could see us not doing it. With fewer games to play next season I can see Morgan and Huth being first choice again next year, but they;ve only got so much time left in their tanks.

Benny is fine as a back up and means that we probably only have to sign 1 centre back in the summer. 

I wouldnt be be surprised if we sign a more expensive centre back and a young one from lower leagues

I love both Morgan and Huth, both have been great servants to the club. However, I do think that the partnership has run its' course. I still want both to stay at the club by all means. It's not necessarily their age that's the issue for me, I just think that we'd benefit so much from having a centre back that's comfortable on the ball.  

We certainly can't play them in every game next season and would bring in defenders for a gradual change so if we do keep them together then they get rested for certain games and see how the defenders brought in do. Whether they would be willing to stay here as understudies! Who knows! But have plenty of experience to call on if not enough pace

We need pace and someone that can play the ball out..Hoofing it out and handing possession straight back has been the favored option this season. it is just one of our current problems, the other being the lack of a creative CM.

I think Schmeichel should be captain next season so that we're not obligated to play Morgan all the time. But we have won by two goals every time Huth and Morgan have played together while Shakespeare's been in charge. They will both be difficult to replace, Benny's good but the two of them when they are in form and supported by the rest of the team are absolutely impenetrable.

On 30/04/2017 at 17:18, Melbourne Fuchs said:

I think Schmeichel should be captain next season so that we're not obligated to play Morgan all the time. But we have won by two goals every time Huth and Morgan have played together while Shakespeare's been in charge. They will both be difficult to replace, Benny's good but the two of them when they are in form and supported by the rest of the team are absolutely impenetrable.

Agree re: Kasper.

May be a good idea in terms of influencing KS to stay here and not angle for a move also.

Archived