Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Slimani/Vardy Partnership

I agree but it'd be a case of really go and prove yourself and fight for you Leicester career regards Slimani.

Then again that put Ulloa's nose out of which out of the two i'd keep Ulloa and offload Slimani.

We're gonna lose atleast one of them in the summer, unfortunately I think it'll be Ulloa.

I think Leo will be the first player out the door when the transfer window reopens.

Its clear he wants to play every week, and I commend him for wanting to play and not sit back and pick up a pay packet.

How ever if we want to be consistently challenging in the top half for Europe, then sadly he isn't good enough to get serious game time here.

With regards the rest of the season I think it makes sense now with 4 games to go to try and get a Vardy /Slimani partnership going. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree but it'd be a case of really go and prove yourself and fight for you Leicester career regards Slimani.

Then again that put Ulloa's nose out of which out of the two i'd keep Ulloa and offload Slimani.

We're gonna lose atleast one of them in the summer, unfortunately I think it'll be Ulloa.

Why Ulloa over Slimani may I ask? Slimani has been in the European goal scoring charts for something like the past 5 Seasons? Has a record of something like 14 appearances 6 goals and 5 assists for us too not a bad return considering he's been injured the majority of the time he's been here and went to the AFCON. Keep him fit and he would easily be a 15 goal a season striker for us.

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Don't think Slimani fits into our style of play really. He'd need to adapt quicker

Why not? Personally think he's perfect for our style, he works hard, presses from the front, gets back when he needs to and scores goals.

5 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Wouldn't mind testing this partnership out for the last few games to see how they get on.

I don't think we will see this.

I believe he will be on his way which personally is a good thing. Despite scoring some goals he has an interesting attitude from within the club!

System does not suit him and we will be seeking a quality number 10 to play off Vards whilst also needing back ups as Leo will go too plus Musa is just awful.

Hopefully the signing quality is more Ndidi than the other signings made last summer.

If that Chinese money is still on offer, I'd take it and let him go at the end of the season.

He has scored some important goals but at 29 we should cash in overall he's been a major flop with all his fitness issues.

If your playing both vardy and slim together then your going to need someone in the number 10 otherwise there's going to be too much of a gap

be interesting to try a 3-4-1-2 making it a 3-5-2 when needed but tbh we will need the correct defence to do this (which we haven't got) 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Why Ulloa over Slimani may I ask? Slimani has been in the European goal scoring charts for something like the past 5 Seasons? Has a record of something like 14 appearances 6 goals and 5 assists for us too not a bad return considering he's been injured the majority of the time he's been here and went to the AFCON. Keep him fit and he would easily be a 15 goal a season striker for us.

If rumours are to be believed, Slimani hasn't integrated particularly well within the squad whereas Leo always seems popular. Granted I know that isn't the be all and end all... but for a unit like ours it must be taken into consideration. 

3 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Don't think Slimani fits into our style of play really. He'd need to adapt quicker

I agree entirely however, sometimes we only appear to have a plan A and as a number 9 Slimani gives us the option of a different style of play. Vardy is still our main man however and unless things aren't working, Slimani for me stays on the bench as I just don't see him and Vardy working together, they are both 100% out and out strikers. I can't see Slimani being willing to sit on the bench. Perhaps in which case it is worth considering cutting our losses with him whilst his age is still such that he's saleable. The money could then be spent on a real proven Premiership number 10 like Sigurdson. Leo doesn't want to sit on the bench either, so unless Musa miraculously turns into a valid number 9, both of them need selling and a younger up and coming number 9 needs to be aquired.  Okazaki to remain as a back up number 10.

I think the only way that could make the partnership really click is to play three at the back with Mahrez playing behind Vardy and Slimani. In my opinion Slimani gets far too much stick on here. His goal contribution in terms of goals and assists in relation to the games he's played is actually quite good, it's not his fault that he's a number nine and not a supporting striker/no.10. It does confuse me as to why we spent £30 million on a number 9 instead of a player whose soul purpose would be to get the best out of Vardy. However, I want Slimani to stay because he gives us another option, I'm just not convinced that he's happy to be on the bench. 

23 minutes ago, mullet said:

If your playing both vardy and slim together then your going to need someone in the number 10 otherwise there's going to be too much of a gap

be interesting to try a 3-4-1-2 making it a 3-5-2 when needed but tbh we will need the correct defence to do this (which we haven't got) 

My thoughts exactly!

3 hours ago, peterborofox said:

I think your right to some degree, it's clear the team works when Vardy works and having Shinj press too obviously sees the success. 

We have basically paid £30m for a 20 minute man. Slim has his advantages especially when we are looking to get the ball in the box or a target man to hold the ball up. 

Archived