Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

8 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

Kingy Image result for love eyes emoji

He might not be our most talented player these days but he loves this club and I think he's a big influence when it comes to stuff like this. 

You'll always need an Andy King in your dressing room if you want to keep your team together and things go well. Unsung heroes in that matter.

As for Mahrez downing the tools or going full Payet, don't believe it one bit. Not his style or temperament. If nothing solid comes (which I honestly think), he'll bend in without fuss. It will be a motivation for him and will benefit the club.

38 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Not sure that Shakey is a natural in front of the cameras with the press asking him questions that he doesn't really want to face. Unfortunately this sort of questioning won't go away any time soon so he's going to have to adapt pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Not sure that Shakey is a natural in front of the cameras with the press asking him questions that he doesn't really want to face. Unfortunately this sort of questioning won't go away any time soon so he's going to have to adapt pretty quickly.

I'd just Pearson it from now on, stone wall and move on. Him talking about it just means more articles, more bullshit, more stuff stirred up.

Sadly I think this will come to a conclusion towards the end of the window. As teams miss out on targets they will go down their list of names and someone somewhere will take a stab at him for £40m.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd just Pearson it from now on, stone wall and move on. Him talking about it just means more articles, more bullshit, more stuff stirred up.

Sadly I think this will come to a conclusion towards the end of the window. As teams miss out on targets they will go down their list of names and someone somewhere will take a stab at him for £40m.

I thought he was fine, no commented on a couple of questions, but did so with a smile and not the irritation and veiled threat that NP sometimes had. (i'm an NP fan btw) And he answered the other question in a relaxed way. I actually think he's quite good in this situation. 

Just now, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I thought he was fine, no commented on a couple of questions, but did so with a smile and not the irritation and veiled threat that NP sometimes had. (i'm an NP fan btw) And he answered the other question in a relaxed way. I actually think he's quite good in this situation. 

I do as well, I just think sometimes commenting leads to more questions and more "noise". He's said all he needs to say in Mahrez now.

The daily pantomime of speculation and uncertainty threatens to undermine what has otherwise been a much better close season than last year's.

The nightmare scenario is us starting the season with Mahrez and then selling him late in the window ,leaving us with insufficient time to replace him adequately - - not to mention it further aggravating the the Demari Gray game-time issue during the transfer window and then potentially having to fight off bids for him too .

We saw against West Brom that Mahrez was still bossing it at free kicks - I would have loved to see Lawrence have a go at it , but it re-emphasised the dilemma we've been put into .As it happened , he had been subbed off before the pens and surely he is no longer the go to guy for them any more .

Our Owners have been fantastic for us , but sometimes their hands-on involvement backfires on us - making gentlemen's agreements, like the one with Mahrez ,has put us in a no win situation and Liverpool's instant dismissal of the Barcelona offer for Coutinho makes it even tougher to swallow .      

55 minutes ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

The daily pantomime of speculation and uncertainty threatens to undermine what has otherwise been a much better close season than last year's.

The nightmare scenario is us starting the season with Mahrez and then selling him late in the window ,leaving us with insufficient time to replace him adequately - - not to mention it further aggravating the the Demari Gray game-time issue during the transfer window and then potentially having to fight off bids for him too .

We saw against West Brom that Mahrez was still bossing it at free kicks - I would have loved to see Lawrence have a go at it , but it re-emphasised the dilemma we've been put into .As it happened , he had been subbed off before the pens and surely he is no longer the go to guy for them any more .

Our Owners have been fantastic for us , but sometimes their hands-on involvement backfires on us - making gentlemen's agreements, like the one with Mahrez ,has put us in a no win situation and Liverpool's instant dismissal of the Barcelona offer for Coutinho makes it even tougher to swallow .      

The club denied any agreement?

59 minutes ago, Gillies Apprentice said:

Liverpool's instant dismissal of the Barcelona offer for Coutinho makes it even tougher to swallow .      

Like we did last summer with Riyad which meant no actual offers came in 

We will see if coutinho gets through another two windows 

9 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

The club denied any agreement?

I think that was a PR job, there was obviously nothing official but ,Mahrez's statement makes clear reference to it and the lack of an unambiguous rebuttal or a 'not for sale' statement , strongly supports this interpretation.    

These low offers are mainly due to other teams thinking he can be excellent when he wants to but, like last season, can be inconsistent and his attitude can be questionable.

As he requested a move, the above is his fault at present really.

Had he played great for a large part of last season, like the season before, the club would have significant higher offers and hence a much better chance of Mahrez in having his desired wish in being allowed to leave.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't thin he's ever been unhappy, just that he wants to experience new things. Which is fair enough.

Agree.... and I will also add, he has to also accept that if we don't receive a reasonable offer he'll have to roll his sleeves up here! 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't thin he's ever been unhappy, just that he wants to experience new things. Which is fair enough.

Looked a picture of happiness last season didnt he...

Wish people would stop banging on about his consistency, it is impossible to be consistently brilliant (as he undoubtedly is) even Messi and Ronaldo  drop off from time to time. Foxes fan of 52 years, without doubt the most "gifted" footballer in the clubs history. Another season? Yes please......

13 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Why?

There is nothing to read and even then, none of us is an expert at body language reading (lol).

He always had a laid back attitude. It didn't matter to anyone when he was bossing the league. But now that his performances dropped , people want to find an answer, are suddenly paying more attention and grasping at anything that could fuel their theories.

Archived