Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

The Roma bids, especially the £20m bid, show total disrespect to Leicester City. Insulting in many ways. 

Assuming they are so much bigger than us, big enough to unsettle Mahrez and force our hand. Arsenal are bigger and 'allegedly' offered more. 

We aren't a midtable Italian club that can be bullied. We're probably richer than them, and recently have performed better than they have, at both our peaks.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Sky Italy reporting Roma have agreement with Mahrez and he's pushing for the move to them. Confident we will yield and €30m offer will be accepted.

:dry:

We lose Kante and Mahrez for about the price of Kyle Walker we've been bent over and given a good seeing to.

Isn't that the very definition of tapping up? Is it illegal internationally?

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Sky Italy reporting Roma have agreement with Mahrez and he's pushing for the move to them. Confident we will yield and €30m offer will be accepted.

:dry:

We lose Kante and Mahrez for about the price of Kyle Walker we've been bent over and given a good seeing to.

Are they allowed to do that? I thought that's tapping up?

Edit: Didn't see your post Trav

4 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Hang on.

He was up for the CL. 

Take out the penalties in the PL though, he was 4 and 4 - goals and assists. (?)

Oh the old pens dont count routine. At least Nugents not on his own. Expect a bid from Spain and close to what we want.

8 hours ago, the fox said:

if ulloa (who did far less for this club than riyad) refused to play for the team and went to do an interview in a time where the team was facing relegation and needed every bit of stability they can get was kept and reworded with a contract extension, you better believe that i (and many other fans) want a far superior player who stayed another year instead of bouncing, gave the team the whole summer to find an adequate replacement and is now in preseason with the team in the other side of the world and actually performing and being a pro to stay.

but yes, how dare fans wanting the only poty in the history of this club to stay. a man when on his day is at least top 5 in his position, IN THE WORLD!! he obviously doesn't have a personal problem with leicester and teammates, it's just his footballing ambition and i believe that he can be kept if the manager/club sold him on the project. the WBA game was a good start

Excellent post!

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we make the right signings and become a team that threatens from different positions, thereby meaning that opposition teams won't be able to double- or triple-up on Mahrez the whole time, I think we'll see a dramatic improvement on his body language and his general play.

A lot of people seem to be blaming Mahrez's performances last year on the fact that he wanted to leave and was sulking about it. I disagree - I think it was largely because of the way the team was playing and the impact it had on his game. I think we'll see a very different Mahrez this season if he stays.

How true! Excellent observation. 

43 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The 'Sky Sources' could easily be the players agent trying to get other clubs interested. 

Wouldn't believe anything at the moment.

Di Marzio is the best in the business and knows everything happening in Italy leagues 

I don’t get the fans that want him to leave.

I will be upset once he goes. He’s our most talented player and people think that Gray is anywhere near his level are clutching at straws.  Gray is Andros Townsend Mk II. He’s as much a Mahrez replacement, as Mendy was for Kante.

If Sigurdsson is £50,000,000 then so is Mahrez. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I will be upset once he goes. He’s our most talented player and people think that Gray is anywhere near his level are clutching at straws.  Gray is Andros Townsend Mk II. He’s as much a Mahrez replacement, as Mendy was for Kante.

i dont think anyone wants him to leave, but what they dont want is the player we had last season.

23 minutes ago, bpfox said:

i dont think anyone wants him to leave, but what they dont want is the player we had last season.

The player we had last season still outperformed our alternatives, suck it up.

If you think he's going to intentionally play bad to force a move to a bigger club you're mental.

6 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

The player we had last season still outperformed our alternatives, suck it up.

If you think he's going to intentionally play bad to force a move to a bigger club you're mental.

keep ur pants on , why be so angry to someone who was just put a point across. if he plays like last year he is better of going.

Guest Cujek
2 hours ago, Sly said:

Ibget totally why people want him to leave, after the way he has behaved and after the things he has said..

But if a club like Roma want him, then they need to pay our asking price, if they don't then they can agree all they want with the player.

Would rather him rot on the under 23's bench than go for 20 million.

We as a club can not be bullied anymore.

10 minutes ago, bpfox said:

keep ur pants on , why be so angry to someone who was just put a point across. if he plays like last year he is better of going.

Even on a bad day, he's still Leicester's best player. "if he plays like last year he is better of going." Well thank God for Leicester you don't get to make those decisions. Looks like you forgot to take your medicine again!

4 hours ago, Sly said:

It's not so much wanting him to leave,

more of it he wants to leave then let him,

hes not bigger than the club

16 hours ago, the fox said:

if ulloa (who did far less for this club than riyad) refused to play for the team and went to do an interview in a time where the team was facing relegation and needed every bit of stability they can get was kept and reworded with a contract extension, you better believe that i (and many other fans) want a far superior player who stayed another year instead of bouncing, gave the team the whole summer to find an adequate replacement and is now in preseason with the team in the other side of the world and actually performing and being a pro to stay.

but yes, how dare fans wanting the only poty in the history of this club to stay. a man when on his day is at least top 5 in his position, IN THE WORLD!! he obviously doesn't have a personal problem with leicester and teammates, it's just his footballing ambition and i believe that he can be kept if the manager/club sold him on the project. the WBA game was a good start

Ambition Roma ? Really ?

Archived