Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Looked a picture of happiness last season didnt he...

He's always mooched about, that's just him. Yeah he looked fed up and frustrated, but that doesn't mean he's unhappy. Everyone looked fed up and frustrated for most of the season. When you're left isolated and spend 90 minutes defending as an attacking player it's going to be frustrating.

It would be great if this thread was locked like the Kelechi thread.   Regardless of his appearance, he wants out.. Until someone comes in for him there is not more to say that has not already been said.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I don't thin he's ever been unhappy, just that he wants to experience new things. Which is fair enough.

Agree, I think Kasper will be the same if we don't get European football this season. I don't blame him, Schmeichel was outstanding in the Champions League and deserves to be playing in it. 

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's always mooched about, that's just him. Yeah he looked fed up and frustrated, but that doesn't mean he's unhappy. Everyone looked fed up and frustrated for most of the season. When you're left isolated and spend 90 minutes defending as an attacking player it's going to be frustrating.

To a certain degree. but i think you are splitting hairs of the difference between fed up ( which is a postpositive adjective) and unhappy.

35 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Agree, I think Kasper will be the same if we don't get European football this season. I don't blame him, Schmeichel was outstanding in the Champions League and deserves to be playing in it. 

I don't like it when it's my team involved but that's the reality of football, and the same for every team. If progress is not made then the best players will move on to where they can achieve their goals.

52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It would be great if this thread was locked like the Kelechi thread.   Regardless of his appearance, he wants out.. Until someone comes in for him there is not more to say that has not already been said.

95 percent of all these type of threads are embarrassingly juvenile, the average age of FT members must be around 12, i just come here to see if there are any new links.

3 minutes ago, smr said:

95 percent of all these type of threads are embarrassingly juvenile, the average age of FT members must be around 12, i just come here to see if there are any new links.

No there's nothing new.. So Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner!!.. 

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Excuses, excuses. 

His is head was elsewhere. You can't blame other people for his attitude. 

Look at his own statement. He agreed to stay another year. In other words, he wanted to leave last summer. He's basically spelt that out to you and you still maintain he was fully focused and happy even though his performances showed the contrary?

Yes people look for an explanation because he is a brilliant player and it didn't make any difference if the team was playing well, he was still crap.

The evidence does not support the defence of Mahrez.

13 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Excuses, excuses. 

Who's making excuses exactly and what am I meant to be excusing? Perhaps read the thread for starters. Someone seemed shocked that he looked happy and was having a laugh with all the players. My point was, it's quite possible to want to move for any number of reasons. They don't all have to all revolve around someone being unhappy and it doesn't mean they are going to be moping around 24/7 like an emo.

Look at his own statement. He agreed to stay another year. In other words, he wanted to leave last summer. He's basically spelt that out to you and you still maintain he was fully focused and happy even though his performances showed the contrary?

So when someone says they agree to stay, what it actually means is they want to leave? That's spelling it out? Perhaps you need help with your English. Perhaps you should check out the actual interview with him rather than the statement. Where he said he thought about leaving, but decided he wanted to stay. Is that spelling it out enough?

Yes people look for an explanation because he is a brilliant player and it didn't make any difference if the team was playing well, he was still crap.

Who said otherwise?

What ****ing defence. Seriously, do you actually bother reading anything?

31 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

if ulloa (who did far less for this club than riyad) refused to play for the team and went to do an interview in a time where the team was facing relegation and needed every bit of stability they can get was kept and reworded with a contract extension, you better believe that i (and many other fans) want a far superior player who stayed another year instead of bouncing, gave the team the whole summer to find an adequate replacement and is now in preseason with the team in the other side of the world and actually performing and being a pro to stay.

but yes, how dare fans wanting the only poty in the history of this club to stay. a man when on his day is at least top 5 in his position, IN THE WORLD!! he obviously doesn't have a personal problem with leicester and teammates, it's just his footballing ambition and i believe that he can be kept if the manager/club sold him on the project. the WBA game was a good start

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Wish people would stop banging on about his consistency, it is impossible to be consistently brilliant (as he undoubtedly is) even Messi and Ronaldo  drop off from time to time. Foxes fan of 52 years, without doubt the most "gifted" footballer in the clubs history. Another season? Yes please......

I thought he WAS consistent last season......consistently shit that is.

And to be clear, I understand he can be brilliant which makes last season's offering from him all the more galling.

You cite Messi, I don't think I've ever seen him play with the 'handbrake on' as was the case for Mahrez in a good many of those games. 

drop your agenda, @NotTheMarketLeader . most people on here were not happy with his performance but you obviously want him gonna and you are eager to slate him at every possible opportunity, that evident by you being the only poster that liked the  "Enough is Enough is it time to get rid of Mahrez" thread.

most people in here want nothing but the best for leicester, and an on form riyad can take this club  places.

17 minutes ago, the fox said:

drop your agenda, @NotTheMarketLeader . most people on here were not happy with his performance but you obviously want him gonna and you are eager to slate him at every possible opportunity, that evident by you being the only poster that liked the  "Enough is Enough is it time to get rid of Mahrez" thread.

most people in here want nothing but the best for leicester, and an on form riyad can take this club  places.

Oh Foxy....take it easy. 

Yes you are correct I do have an 'axe to grind' with him. I have zero tolerance for non triers or players playing for themselves and not the team.

It is on this basis I found him him almost unbearable to watch last season...so frustrating and irritating I could have chinned him. He was pandered to when he should have been dropped.

That said, as I have clearly said on many occasion, if we could have 2015/16 Mahrez 'back' I would be overjoyed, but I do not think we can, and the half hearted version is no doubt detrimental to our team. 

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That said, as I have clearly said on many occasion, if we could have 2015/16 Mahrez 'back' I would be overjoyed, but I do not think we can, and the half hearted version is no doubt detrimental to our team. 

i think differently, with the right players around him he can do bits

well, i did some work on the WBA match and pointed out how an overlapping fullback/CM can have a positive effect on riyad, you are more than welcomed to check it out. (its on page 175)

If we make the right signings and become a team that threatens from different positions, thereby meaning that opposition teams won't be able to double- or triple-up on Mahrez the whole time, I think we'll see a dramatic improvement on his body language and his general play.

A lot of people seem to be blaming Mahrez's performances last year on the fact that he wanted to leave and was sulking about it. I disagree - I think it was largely because of the way the team was playing and the impact it had on his game. I think we'll see a very different Mahrez this season if he stays.

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

If we make the right signings and become a team that threatens from different positions, thereby meaning that opposition teams won't be able to double- or triple-up on Mahrez the whole time, I think we'll see a dramatic improvement on his body language and his general play. If he was sulking last year it was largely because of the way the team was playing and the impact it had on his game. I think we'll see a very different Mahrez this season if he stays.

Indeed - if he was sulking last year, he wasn't alone in it. But really, I just think the team suffered a huge hangover.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Excuses, excuses. 

His is head was elsewhere. You can't blame other people for his attitude. 

Write one pleasant post, I dare you.

Looks like Neymar is leaving Barce for an absurd amount of money. Seems the replacement will be Coutinho as it frees up the left wing, but it also means Barcelona have a ****tonne of cash and a twin to spend it, also Liverpool will need a replacement.

Still over a month of the window left

Ryad mahrez was imagined saying about all these transfer rumours

- barca are selling neymar to psg and rafinha to arsenal, so many positions open for me, but no offer, no call, so painful to know,

- liverpool had place in my position ,and I thought after klopp s praises last year and after each match we played against them, so, no call, he took the speed runner fora record fee, man that's hard to take,

-arsenal and AW showed interest with words and caught on camera , and no bid, no call  only as back up and with a fee of nothing  that's a lesson from people you know and your country man

- tottenham  coming in the dark asking to be update , but no real call no bid, they want a back up and a substialy cut in the price tag, man that make  hate ffootball

- Roma that Italian  club mean I have to leave England me and Rita, even bidding for the first time, they are not serious to up their offers and the pace of bidding it will take many weeks when the transfer window will be over, that's strange man

- Leicester  by the mood and environment within the team I will finish a back up of D Gray and M Albrighton and booed when I come to play, that's a bad turnover, I better switch to Leicester Tigers to play rugby    Or  call claudio ranieri to pay for him at french  club Nantes

Archived