Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Surprised to see that Mahrez got 10 goals and 7 assists last season. Not too bad to be honest. 

He's on a great contract here - in this market it'd be madness for him to go for less than £50m

Hang on.

He was up for the CL. 

Take out the penalties in the PL though, he was 4 and 4 - goals and assists. (?)

Sky Italy reporting Roma have agreement with Mahrez and he's pushing for the move to them. Confident we will yield and €30m offer will be accepted.

:dry:

We lose Kante and Mahrez for about the price of Kyle Walker we've been bent over and given a good seeing to.

If we sell Mahrez for €30,000,000 to Roma, of any team in the Premier League for less than £50,000,000 ...... we all need to go down too the King Power Stadium and start a riot.

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sky Italy reporting Roma have agreement with Mahrez and he's pushing for the move to them. Confident we will yield and €30m offer will be accepted.

probably just saying that to get people to bet 

I love watching Mahrez .. He is probably the most talented player that has played for City ... I would love for him to change his mind and stay but the way football works these days if he really wants to go then so be it. I personally believe we have as good a chance at Europe as Arsenal do.

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

probably just saying that to get people to bet 

It's not just sky... but they were correct about first bid.

Hopefully Neymar goes to PSG, give Barca a load of money to splash and Mahrez flukes his move there.

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He is too good to sell off cheap. 

And that's what they should be telling him, we need to replace you if you go Riyad and for that we need £50m. He was awarded a contract, honour it or understand your employers position

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

:dry:

Sky are saying Roma have actually bid £27m - is that 30m Euros ? That's getting into the area of Rudders saying, "oh I don't know, it's tempting !"

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yep

Not long to find out anyway, if it's anywhere close to being acceptable like they think he won't play tomorrow at all.

It shouldn't be anywhere near acceptable, my worry is him throwing a wobbly and going on strike or the owners "grant him a move after Mahrez begged them to let him leave". I can see it now.

Feels like the beginning of the apocalypse a bit...

a chain reaction of moves for big money could put us in a tricky position, i'm sure i read somewhere that Messi was quite a Mahrez fan - so if a Coutinho deal didn't happen they might start sniffing, then we could be in a dire position, i'd be scouting their periphal squad members now if i was Rudders to see if there could be any ideas for a cash and player deal, Barca are shitheads for screwing clubs over on proper fees, they'd probably stick in 30m and Riyad would be desperate to get that move. If we could get 35m plus a player or two then we perhaps could make it work for us as well.

I'm still praying to the monks that no-one comes forward now and he tries to put himself back in the shop window for another year, then we could really finish anywhere - and ironically if we did something crazy and got back near the top of the table for the most unlikeliest of sequels - i can see Barcelona making him a prime transfer target, he'd get the dream move of his life. I really think he can have a strong year now, the poster a few pages back with the wonderful breakdown of Riyad's game has shown we are looking more setup to get him the space and freedom he needs to play his game, this is a massive sign of why Shakey is the man to get us back going in my eyes.

Anyways he should stay for another year, then he'll be ready to be one of the best in the world.

6 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Oh Foxy....take it easy. 

Yes you are correct I do have an 'axe to grind' with him. I have zero tolerance for non triers or players playing for themselves and not the team.

It is on this basis I found him him almost unbearable to watch last season...so frustrating and irritating I could have chinned him. He was pandered to when he should have been dropped.

That said, as I have clearly said on many occasion, if we could have 2015/16 Mahrez 'back' I would be overjoyed, but I do not think we can, and the half hearted version is no doubt detrimental to our team. 

Did you have a problem when he was scoring all those goals and getting all those assists in the year beforehand?

His application, "effort" and defensive discipline has always been low.

You carry players like Mahrez in the side because you know that they have it in their locker to create opportunities or score goals.

If you want to follow a side with zero flair, entertainment or excitement then there are plenty available. I'd far rather take the risk of carrying a player like Mahrez or Gray in the hope perform that one bit of magic that gets me out of my seat every now and again. That is what football is about. There is no entertainment in watching a side work it's arse off for 0-0s or 1-1s. I can't remember who said it, I think it Darren Fletcher that said that he was willing to put the effort in when it felt like players like Tevez or Ronaldo couldn't be arsed because he knew that they had it in them to create that bit of genius to win the game. 

If Mahrez goes it'll be a monumental loss to the club. That lack of respect he gets from supposed football fans (never mind Leicester fans) is genuinely laughable.

Archived