Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Mahrez might just want a change. Like we all do at work sometimes. It is allowed.

I doubt he has anything but good feelings for the club at which he hit the big time, and I bet he respects Shakey.

I think he just wants a change. Possibly another crack at the Champs League, to live in a different City and to play some different football.

Who can blame him if that's what he wants. And how many of us have stayed at the same place of work for our whole careers? Even if we have done, I suspect we've wondered what it's like elsewhere.

Two things about Riyad. Firstly, I don't think he's a bad bloke just because he's openly expressed he wants to leave. And secondly why should we stand in his way if he does want this? He's more than given us his best.

I don't think anyone objects to him wanting to try his hand elsewhere. I'd understand anyone who has won the league here feeling like they have experienced the most they possibly can. There are ways of going about it, going public for me isn't that way. It also has to be on our terms, the fees that are going about at the moment are ridiculous, nobody should expect him to go at a discount.

28 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

We need an attacking midfielder, if anything.

£40m-£50m plus Oxlade-Chamberlain, if Arsenal are still keen - would be a very good deal.

Arsenal don't want to pay more than 30m, why would they suddenly give us 40-50m plus a 25m player?!

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-monitoring-arsenal-roma-target-222506

By James sharpe,    Tottenham asked Leicester to be updated on mahrez situations , hoping the price tag will be lowered by the time , so tottenham can lodge a bid

PS:  there is no sense in tottenham approach since Roma is already bidding from low and upping as the time goes and is the first to have mahrez services 

CS : I want him to stay with us

12 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-monitoring-arsenal-roma-target-222506

By James sharpe,    Tottenham asked Leicester to be updated on mahrez situations , hoping the price tag will be lowered by the time , so tottenham can lodge a bid

PS:  there is no sense in tottenham approach since Roma is already bidding from low and upping as the time goes and is the first to have mahrez services 

Thats us fvcked. Rudders negotiating with Levy. That's Mahrez gone and we owe spuds 30m.

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Would be funnny if mahrez went to spurs for 30 mill and they win champs league. Wenger would be burned at the stake lol

I wouldn't find that funny at all I hate Spurs much more than Arsenal lol 

Just now, chapero82 said:

I wouldn't find that funny at all I hate Spurs much more than Arsenal lol 

I actually only had an issue wit spurs during the title season. Before that was just another club to me. Arsenal have always been w@nkers and always will be. I dont hate spurs i just dislike their attitude from that season thats all.

got some free time on my hand so i thought i would rewatch some of the match, this post gonna be a bit long but trust me, if you are interested in our tactics and why riyad played good this match/didn't play as good the past season, give this post a try.

let'š start with thé most obvious: the overlapping fullback

1ssxk2.gif

see here how amartey overlapping prevented mahrez of being doubled. the second player was too afraid to commit to mahrez because there is another player that can run to space.

now, the overlapping CM:

1ssxzp.gif

granted, drinky overlapped sometimes but james does more, he was ready to offer support and receive the ball from mahrez if he was doubled. and as soon as he saw that the left back (i think nyom) commited to riyad, he reacted fast and went to the space

...ok ok, i understand. having an overlapping fullback can leave you exposed defensively, except there is something called "pressing upfield".not allowing the other team to build the play from the back so they are forced to hoof it. like what amartey did here

1ssy5z.gif

what i loved about the ndidi-james CM partnership is the space they provide. ndidi and drinky stayed back a lot last season, but here, n'didi pushed forward to recieve the ball in the middle and james pushed right so if mahrez wanted to come there, he would find him and amartey. one to recieve the ball and the other to overlap

1ssyd1.gif

here is another example of how an overlapping fullback can provide space and stop mahrez from being doubled or being ready in space to offer help

1ssytj.gif

1ssyy2.gif

still, people will still have doubts about the space left, but wilfred proved that he can cover for amartey just fine

1ssz2f.gif

now, if you still not convinced, see those two.

1ssz5o.gif

1ssz96.gif

see how the fullback stayed back instead of doubling

and my favourite one of them all. i'm not gonna say anything, you can see for yourself

1ssyme.gif

what i'm trying to say is, i don't believe that mahrez is putting more "effort", it's just that he found the players that can compliment his playing style and attributes. yes it was a preseason game so who knows:dunno:

hope you enjoyed the work:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Almo-Fox said:

Good job the Leicester Mercury know fuch all.

click bait at its finest.

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

We need an attacking midfielder, if anything.

£40m-£50m plus Oxlade-Chamberlain, if Arsenal are still keen - would be a very good deal.

I blame you for the ihenacho thread being locked, you said their (the mods) names in vain lol

17 minutes ago, the fox said:

got some free time on my hand so i thought i would rewatch some of the match, this post gonna be a bit long but trust me, if you are interested in our tactics and why riyad played good this match/didn't play as good the past season, give this post a try.

1ssxk2.gif

see here how amartey overlapping prevented mahrez of being doubled. the second player was too afraid to commit to mahrez because there is another player that can run to space.

now, the overlapping CM:

1ssxzp.gif

granted, drinky overlapped sometimes but james does more, he was ready to offer support and receive the ball from mahrez if he was doubled. and as soon as he saw that the left back (i think nyom) commited to riyad, he reacted fast and went to the space

...ok ok, i understand. having an overlapping fullback can leave you exposed defensively, except there is something called "pressing upfield".not allowing the other team to build the play from the back so they are forced to hoof it. like what amartey did here

1ssy5z.gif

what i loved about the ndidi-james CM partnership is the space they provide. ndidi and drinky stayed back a lot last season, but here, n'didi pushed forward to recieve the ball in the middle and james pushed right so if mahrez wanted to come there, he would find him and amartey. one to recieve the ball and the other to overlap

1ssyd1.gif

here is another example of how an overlapping fullback can provide space and stop mahrez from being doubled or being ready in space to offer help

1ssytj.gif

1ssyy2.gif

still, people will still have doubts about the space left, but wilfred proved that he can cover for amartey just fine

1ssz2f.gif

1ssz5o.gif

1ssz96.gif

and my favourite one of them all. i'm not gonna say anything, you can see for yourself

1ssyme.gif

what i'm trying to say is, i don't believe that mahrez is putting more "effort", it's just that he found the players that can compliment his playing style and attributes. yes it was a preseason game so who knows:dunno:

Id say it was probably a combination of both trying to put himself in the shop window, and a case of it being preseason which gave him more time on the ball to excell

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Id say it was probably a combination of both trying to put himself in the shop window, and a case of it being preseason which gave him more time on the ball to excell

Awesome post.

if we somehow keep him do we reckon he'll pull a strop? didn't show any signs he didn't want to play well for the team in the west brom game... seems to me he would want us to get a good fee for him before leaving, which is also shown when he signed a new 4 year contract last year.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

if we somehow keep him do we reckon he'll pull a strop? didn't show any signs he didn't want to play well for the team in the west brom game... seems to me he would want us to get a good fee for him before leaving, which is also shown when he signed a new 4 year contract last year.

his got 40 days to secure a move, there is no reason why "he'll pull a strop" before august 31st :schmike:

6 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Can't see him going to Spurs unless he takes a pay cut which I doubt him and his agent will agree to. Spurs have a very strict salary policy and Riyad is already above that at Leicester; that's before you even factor in any further rises that he and his agent will most likely demand in order to move.

Perhaps we could help them out of their difficulty by paying some of his wages for them 

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I actually only had an issue wit spurs during the title season. Before that was just another club to me. Arsenal have always been w@nkers and always will be. I dont hate spurs i just dislike their attitude from that season thats all.

Think you're on your own with that one .

34 minutes ago, the fox said:

1ssxk2.gif

now, the overlapping CM:

1ssxzp.gif

1ssy5z.gif

1ssyd1.gif

1ssytj.gif

1ssyy2.gif

1ssz2f.gif

1ssz5o.gif

1ssz96.gif

1ssyme.gif

Good work and some nice clips.  I also noticed Simpson getting forward more when he came on too, so it looks like a tactical change for sure from Shakey and back to how we played in 2013/14.  I know Claudio always liked Simpson sitting back so he could keep a 3 when the LB pushed on.  

I liked your analysis of Jamo too, it's only preseason but he looked a lot sharper than Drinky when he came on, and maybe tried harder as he has more of a point to prove?  Drinky actually ran more and was more dynamic in 13/14 and I'd like to see him get back to this box to box mentality. I can see him sticking to his (please no one take this the wrong way) "budget Pirlo" where he sits back and sprays it around, with Ndidi as the legs.

Was also good to see that Amartey is being a bit more dynamic as a full back.  I'm still not 100% with him, touch and crossing need to be improved but he has potential (mainly for cover).

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Totally agree with this too.  There were also a lot of situations where he completely wasted passes through mis-kicks but that could be the pitch (remember Millwall in the cup?) or trying too hard to show his range.  Was glad to have him look interested, committed and showing some of the trickery and class he clearly has.

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I don't think he has, or will pull a strop.  Seems well loved by his team mates, loved by the fans and you never know, we may make a decent push this season.  Winning makes everyone happy too! A lot of his "strops" are just that he is so laid back he is almost horizontal! lol  Love it it that he an old school, tricky but sometimes lazy winger, with immense skill and talent.  For me, that effortless nocelance is part of his charm.  He just turns on genius in a second.  

FWIW - you can tell I am a massive Riyad fan. I love watching players who do training ground stuff or things I could never do,  That's why we pay to see them, right?

Other than if Barcelona come in with a bid, it's gotta be worth trying to persuade Mahrez to stay. After last season though he doesn't really deserve a new contract so what are our options? I think we have to sign players of Iheanacho's ilk or better so Riyad believes he can achieve what he wants in football with us until Barcolena come calling. Which they will only do if he plays better while he is still with us. I'm not sure he needs to be shop-windowed at one of the top 6 clubs or abroad when it's already been proven he can get all the attention he deserves while he's still with us.

Archived