Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Maybe with rumours Aguero could be set to leave by some, they're reluctant to sell Iheanacho until Aguero's situation is resolved?

Pep's said Iheanacho is going and Too said if it happens it'll be soon so it all seems very very close.

Think top has been reading foxestalk . Or some of the more reasonable posts ?. We will get value if he goes and a reasonable replacement but it will be tough. Still hope he stays. Got my hard hat on . Will score against the pool a beauty ???

9 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

Chris Wheatley @ChrisWheatley_Replying to @ChrisWheatley_  
As mentioned in this article, Wenger spoke to Mahrez on the phone a month ago. Leicester yet to receive an offer. beta.goal.com/en-gb/news/lac…pic.twitter.com/Ww3dKV2sDk

Wouldn't that be classed as tapping up or did he dial him by accident? If Wenger puts in a low bid the club should complain like soton did, also the price goes up for every tight offer. Top won't even entertain an offer unless it's what they feel is value for Mahrez, luckily our owners are rich and we don't need to balance our books as tightly so they won't be swayed like a less club might. 

4 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Wouldn't that be classed as tapping up or did he dial him by accident? If Wenger puts in a low bid the club should complain like soton did, also the price goes up for every tight offer. Top won't even entertain an offer unless it's what they feel is value for Mahrez, luckily our owners are rich and we don't need to balance our books as tightly so they won't be swayed like a less club might. 

Exactly   even reports about AW had a three hours dis ussions in june with kylian mbappe ( monaco striker ) 

But one cannot help be an admirer of leicester owners dealing with such matters

No real bids ( 40-45 m £ ) mahrez will stay 

1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

Or it's an admission that we've looked and tried to find a decent calibre player should we sell Mahrez and we've not been able to attract them. 

Or alternatively - pay up or **** off, we'll need that money to buy a replacement in.

Personally I think it's both with the pay up being the enabler to give us a fighting chance to get the quality/proven replacement needed.

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Personally I think it's both with the pay up being the enabler to give us a fighting chance to get the quality/proven replacement needed.

We can't hang around waiting up the last day either hoping or hoping not that an acceptable bid comes in. Why waste our time seeking a replacement that might not be needed?

Just now, sphericalfox said:

We can't hang around waiting up the last day either hoping or hoping not that an acceptable bid comes in. Why waste our time seeking a replacement that might not be needed?

Agree, it's always been Clubs preference to complete business early, however, I feel they are in a strong legal position to play hardball due to the contract.

I genuinely believe we hold ALL the aces and will keep our man or get 45-50 mil we desire if he's going.

16 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Did you have a problem when he was scoring all those goals and getting all those assists in the year beforehand?

His application, "effort" and defensive discipline has always been low.

You carry players like Mahrez in the side because you know that they have it in their locker to create opportunities or score goals.

If you want to follow a side with zero flair, entertainment or excitement then there are plenty available. I'd far rather take the risk of carrying a player like Mahrez or Gray in the hope perform that one bit of magic that gets me out of my seat every now and again. That is what football is about. There is no entertainment in watching a side work it's arse off for 0-0s or 1-1s. I can't remember who said it, I think it Darren Fletcher that said that he was willing to put the effort in when it felt like players like Tevez or Ronaldo couldn't be arsed because he knew that they had it in them to create that bit of genius to win the game. 

If Mahrez goes it'll be a monumental loss to the club. That lack of respect he gets from supposed football fans (never mind Leicester fans) is genuinely laughable.

Firstly I'm a fan of this club, above any player. 

My view is different to yours, and you seem to be on a rant with this post rather than reply to points made.

ive clearly stated I value Mahrez the title winning version, but don't value the selfish non team player we had to suffer last season. 

And in in case you hadn't noticed it is he who wants to jump ship having been happy to sign a 5 year contract 12 months ago. He's been paid £100k a week for below par performances for a whole year. 

He then has the temerity to ask the club to reduce his asking  price; a move that no doubt reduces any fee we may have got. 

The contents of the last two paragraphs taint the respect I had from the previous year. 

I struggle to understand why you can't grasp that point of view, when again as a fan I put the Club's interests above that of any player. 

He didn't look overly interested in covering back - even moreso than usual.  Went through the motions in that respect.  Still trying to do too much with he ball but I'd rather that than the opposite 

i think he has left left in his own mind and expecting someone to come in with enough dosh before the deadline 

IMO he looked frustrated after he got isolated and the midfield offered no help to him moving forward. He was probably thinking how easily salah was getting balls threaded to him to put him one on one with the fullback while he was begging for a half decent pass.

I would like to say a james-n'didi partnership or a new box to box mid.

Fellas, if I got the footage for the full match I think I would do another analysis on the match (just like the one in page 175). I won't really be focusing on riyad but on our midfield.

Hope everything goes smoothly:thumbup:

Archived