Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Please stay Riyad, you're our only weapon that teams cannot predict. I think he'll have a blinding pre-season and even start the season like he did in 15/16 and he'll end up going for £45-50 million near deadline day and it'll hurt like mad. Hopefully he'll have at least got us 6+ points on the table first.

Absolutely   Man

If kante dudnt move last season it would be a different story and mahrez would have a different statement 

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

What a load of garbage you have written. Look through the threads, folk were saying he should be sold last year as he wasn't trying. Loads of people wanted out best player sold.

When will folk bore off with "they get paid millions" folly, it's old it's tired it adds no weight to any argument. 

Mahrez attitude regardless of weekly wage has been excellent since he has returned to the club. He could have gone the other way as Payet did........

I suggest you have a think before you post next time.

I recall plenty of criticism for him last year for his half hearted displays but no one wanted him sold - until he stated he wanted to leave.

My point about his 'millions' was that people were saying isn't it jolly decent of him to actually turn up and pull on the shirt as if we should be grateful to him.  Well, no, he is paid handsomely to do just that and the point stands whether you think it is old and tired or not.

Finally, thank you for your 'suggestion', duly noted.  I have one for you.  Might I suggest you go and have a lie down in a darkened room and chill the fck out.

Italian journalist Paolo Franci wasn’t very happy when reading the latest news on AS Roma’s chase for Riyad Mahrez. Rumours have said that after rejecting a €30m bid, Leicester City would be demanding €46m, a price which Franci believes to be ‘a joke’.

In a story on Calcio Mercato, the journalist starts by taking quotes from the Roma director Eusebio Di Francesco saying people must teach values to children, as if in some way holding Leicester’s Mahrez asking price responsible for societal issues.

Franci points out that Mahrez is already 26 years of age, only had one great season in a ‘team of heroes’ under Claudio Ranieri, and never proved himself to be worth all that money at a top club.

Seriously Roma just **** off.

By far the most gifted player i've seen in a Leicester shirt. I can understand after his performance in our title winning season he believes he belongs at the big clubs, but, champions league aside, he really has only done it for one season. I'm not surprised no firm bids have come in for him as he still has a lot to prove. 50 mil for a player who really has only just announced himself on the big stage is still a risk even for the big boys. My hope is he'll still be with us this season, being grounded and motivated to prove his point and earn the move he clearly desires.

Just now, crisp packet said:

With out him we have zero flair.

ala second half....west brom

I have to agree there. Gray has a lot of potential but just cant do what Mahrez is capable of. I can see why Gray couldn't take his or Albrightons place in the starting line up. Mahrez can create a chance out of nothing even on a sh*t day.

30 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Italian journalist Paolo Franci wasn’t very happy when reading the latest news on AS Roma’s chase for Riyad Mahrez. Rumours have said that after rejecting a €30m bid, Leicester City would be demanding €46m, a price which Franci believes to be ‘a joke’.

In a story on Calcio Mercato, the journalist starts by taking quotes from the Roma director Eusebio Di Francesco saying people must teach values to children, as if in some way holding Leicester’s Mahrez asking price responsible for societal issues.

Franci points out that Mahrez is already 26 years of age, only had one great season in a ‘team of heroes’ under Claudio Ranieri, and never proved himself to be worth all that money at a top club.

Italian journalist trying helping mr Monchi , the SD of AS Roma , to get mahrez in a good bargain as the itlalian clubs not spend much money on players

But mr Vichai is keep his word against all odds, wnds, rains, thunders, storms, cry, loudness, noises, laiugh, the asking price is 50 m £

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

When those rumours of Arsenal's interest surfaced a few weeks ago, and it was reported that Arsenal wanted to pay £30m and we wanted £50m, the reaction of some of their fans was similar. So many of them were on twitter calling us 'deluded' and even 'arrogant'. I actually had to point out to them that if a club doesn't want to sell a player, it is perfectly entitled to ask a fee it suspects will put buying clubs off. They seemed to be under the impression that we're somehow obliged to sell our best player to them at a below market rate.

35 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

When those rumours of Arsenal's interest surfaced a few weeks ago, and it was reported that Arsenal wanted to pay £30m and we wanted £50m, the reaction of some of their fans was similar. So many of them were on twitter calling us 'deluded' and even 'arrogant'. I actually had to point out to them that if a club doesn't want to sell a player, it is perfectly entitled to ask a fee it suspects will put buying clubs off. They seemed to be under the impression that we're somehow obliged to sell our best player to them at a below market rate.

Exactly. It's like me going in to a shop and walking up to an employee and saying I see your TV for £500 but I only want to pay £200 and then crying about it. I know what I would be told. He is contracted to Leicester so we can charge what we like and if Roma and Arsenal don't like that asking price they can get ****ed!

No bids, priced out the market, other teams 2'nd choice signing, lack-lustre season, hardly hot property is he. I think Mahrez might just have to bite the bullet, get his head down and say he's sacked his agent for releasing a statement that was nothing to do with him. 

When we have possession Mahrez needs to be drifting centrally more often, like he did against WBA.

James did well to overlap on the right wing, allowing Mahrez to come inside. Would be easier if we had an attack minded RB, but Simpson is too good defensively to be dropped. Maybe when we have possession, Iheanacho can drift wide allowing Mahrez to move centrally.

12 hours ago, murphy said:

I recall plenty of criticism for him last year for his half hearted displays but no one wanted him sold - until he stated he wanted to leave.

My point about his 'millions' was that people were saying isn't it jolly decent of him to actually turn up and pull on the shirt as if we should be grateful to him.  Well, no, he is paid handsomely to do just that and the point stands whether you think it is old and tired or not.

Finally, thank you for your 'suggestion', duly noted.  I have one for you.  Might I suggest you go and have a lie down in a darkened room and chill the fck out.

Well said Murphy. He's only doing what he damn well gets paid to do. If i told my boss i wanted away then didn't turn up for work  or showed poor attitude I'd expect him not to pay me any wages . Why people on here fawn over the ungrateful little git is beyond me. Sure he was great for us in the title winning team but so were everyone else. He was but a part not sum. The sooner he's gone the better so that we can move on and attract players who want to play for this club and not come out publicly saying they are too good for us  . the moment he said what he did made me turn my back on him forever.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

When we have possession Mahrez needs to be drifting centrally more often, like he did against WBA.

James did well to overlap on the right wing, allowing Mahrez to come inside. Would be easier if we had an attack minded RB, but Simpson is too good defensively to be dropped. Maybe when we have possession, Iheanacho can drift wide allowing Mahrez to move centrally.

Taking a proven goalscorer away from goal? Humm, ok. 

One thing I noticed from the West Brom game (and I know that Gray was missing) is that we really don't have much creativity apart from Mahrez. Our biggest problem with him is that we rely on him to create something special too much - because he's the only one that can. 

8 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Well said Murphy. He's only doing what he damn well gets paid to do. If i told my boss i wanted away then didn't turn up for work  or showed poor attitude I'd expect him not to pay me any wages . Why people on here fawn over the ungrateful little git is beyond me. Sure he was great for us in the title winning team but so were everyone else. He was but a part not sum. The sooner he's gone the better so that we can move on and attract players who want to play for this club and not come out publicly saying they are too good for us  . the moment he said what he did made me turn my back on him forever.

I understand your feelings on this, but I don't think he's ever said he's too good for us. 

7 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

Taking a proven goalscorer away from goal? Humm, ok. 

One thing I noticed from the West Brom game (and I know that Gray was missing) is that we really don't have much creativity apart from Mahrez. Our biggest problem with him is that we rely on him to create something special too much - because he's the only one that can. 

Well that Number 10 role Iheanacho will be playing in, is a support role in our system. He needs to help run the channels and move into space to create openings for Mahrez and Vardy.

That's how our system works. He'll still get goal scoring opportunities, if he has a solid work rate to get into the box.

Don't see where we are going to fit another creative player in the team though, if we sign Iheanacho. Albrighton isn't getting dropped at LW.

James looked good with his balls over the top and runs to support Mahrez. Although he's not a creative outlet, maybe he can be the driving force in our midfield to help Mahrez?

If we can get movement around Mahrez to create space, he will flourish. Last season it was well documented about Vardy's lack of support, but Mahrez had no support either.

Aren't we only asking for £40m / €50m? For a premier league player as good as Riyad who now has CL experience, in today's market is a pretty normal price. Arsenal of all people should know that, they're a selling club:P

It is great to see we're sticking to our guns though and not selling at a cut deal price.

Roma on the other hand are just taking the piss though they're quite happy to demand absolutely astronomical fees in recent years for Strootman, Nainangolan, Salah etc yet turn up with a bid half of the asking price.

It is very simple guys, pay the asking price and Riyad will be out the door faster than you can say African Cup of Nations!

Roma seem to be confusing themselves with Barcelona, except one is the biggest team in the world and actually has a chance (and normally succeeds) at swaying people with bullying tactics in the transfer market.

Hopefully he's had a good few weeks back with the lads and he's chilled out a bit now about wanting a move, i'd use the angle personally that if he produced another top year for us - then i'm sure he'll have no problem getting a proper big move next season after the poor interest of a team that isn't even in the Champions League - and one that isn't of the top calibre he would have wanted. If we've got him on 100k a week as well - i can't see Roma going any higher than that, in all honesty if they aren't prepared to put more than £30m in then i can't see them wanting to give him more than 80k a week. He's not daft, he'll stay around if we're paying him more and it's not a big move where he's going to get something else out of it (can anyone see Wenger paying him 150k a week?! bearing in mind the financial issues hes got around Sanchez wanting a whopping pay increase i just can't see it happening)

Getting more hopeful that this all could come back together for us nicely, i really thought that he wouldn't be back at training, that he wouldn't be interested in putting a shift in - and from what we've seen that's not the case at all, seems more than happy to get back on it and long may that continue.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I understand your feelings on this, but I don't think he's ever said he's too good for us. 

Not outright , but you don't have to be inspector Frost to work out that's what he meant.

Archived