chapero82 Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said: The owners record of making big decisions count is fairly incredible. I suppose it's no real wonder they own a company worth billions because they clearly know what they are doing. Since they've been here: - Got rid of Sousa / Sven and brought back Pearson. We get promoted for the first time in 10 years and remove the "entitled" culture that players like Beckford and Mills brought with them. - Got rid of Pearson and replaced him with Ranieri. We win the league. - Got rid of Ranieri and replaced him with Shakespeare. We survive comfotably and make it to the UCL top 8. What I think is great is that they learn from their mistakes and show continued commitment to the club. Hope they are here for a long time and excited as to what comes next. They've earned my trust. Apart from appointing Rudkin as DOF and letting him be such a brown nose I swear that man must have something on them
Mease Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 Makes me laugh and cringe seeing some of the pudits gradually changing stance about the moving on of CR when many were on the bandwagon ripping into the club and players, and might I add speaking for the fans. Some are now hinting at we have made the right decisions. Get this, we did not care about your opinions when we were league 1 champions, Championship champions, relegation heros, Premier League champions, struggling Premier League champions, 1/4 finalist of the champions league, one of the inform teams in the premier league or whatever we are next year or the year after. Stick your opinions up your arse and wipe them with your studio script analysis and printed cockwitery. Fvck off we are Leicester City.
jayfox26 Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 2 hours ago, LanguedocFox said: My sentiments exactly. My next-door neighbour is convinced that Ranieri would have kept us up, despite my telling him that we were almost certainly doomed. It amazes me when someone whose knowledge of City comes solely from highlights on MoTD argues with someone (me) who watches virtually every match, live. The way we have turned the season round has been brilliant, and if we could carry on like this in 2017-18, we might just be pushing for a European spot this time next year. This was exactly what annoyed me about the Ranieri sacking. Every man and his dog had their opinion and everyone all of a sudden was a Leicester City expert. Both fans and pundits have chatted a lot of crap about us this season and we have proved them all wrong! So proud of our club, players, coaches, fans, owners etc, we really do have a fantastic club!
cityfanlee23 Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 2 hours ago, rn9013 said: Claudio Ranieri will always be a legend and will be given a heroes welcome anytime he visits but thank god the owners made the decision they did. We'd have been with Sunderland and Boro if we hadn't of made the change. Ill be honest, the night it happened I felt it was the right decision but at the same time I felt massively uncomfortable. I guess knowing what he had helped us achieve and the memories that had been created meant it was difficult to take. But deep down I knew it was right. Unfortunately I fear we will lose some big names in the summer, I'm thinking Kasper and Riyad. It's a shame because if we keep them (particularly Kasper) I would be hopeful of a europa league push. Not read comments so not sure if it's been said, But commentator today said that kasper had assured fans not to worry about his position here, he says he is more than happy here. Hope it's true.
Manwell Pablo Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 2 hours ago, LanguedocFox said: My sentiments exactly. My next-door neighbour is convinced that Ranieri would have kept us up, despite my telling him that we were almost certainly doomed. It amazes me when someone whose knowledge of City comes solely from highlights on MoTD argues with someone (me) who watches virtually every match, live. The way we have turned the season round has been brilliant, and if we could carry on like this in 2017-18, we might just be pushing for a European spot this time next year. We were finished with him in charge, crazy tinker man team selections negative tactics and two months without a goal it's not rocket science.
urban.spaceman Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 When you hear the phrase "foreign consortium is buying", it evokes images of nightmares like what's happening at Cardiff, Charlton, Hull, Forest, Leeds, Blackburn, Leyton Orient and especially Pompey. Like everyone else I expect, I was extremely worried about unknown foreigners coming in and tearing the club apart. But we really, really hit the fcking jackpot. Vichai and Top - I genuinely don't think you've put a foot wrong. You realised Sousa wasn't right, so you sacked him. You realised Sven wasn't working out, so you sacked him. You knew enough about our recent history to then approach Pearson and to give him the freedom and time to build with Shakespeare and Walsh towards a better future. Everyone was shocked when you sacked him, but you did it for the right reasons and it turned out to be the right decision. Then you found Claudio - and told him that Shakey and Walsh come with the job. Then what happened, happened, and you turned Leicester City into the Champions of England. You turned Leicester City into the Champions. Of. England. To then have to sack Claudio only 9 months later - without doubt the most difficult decision imaginable - shows you have big balls but also the intelligence to do the right thing. We are so unbelievably lucky to have the best owners in football. I trust them with every aspect of the club, and I have no doubt they will establish us as one of the very best. Leicester Till I Die.
Guest Col city fan Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 Great thread mate. Thank God they got rid of Ranieri. Now I hope they keep Shakey.
Tielemans63 Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 I know it was never ever going to happen but I wish Claudio had bowed out at the pinnacle. It's a shame his achievements have been devalued by what went on in the first half of the season. Good on the Thais for getting it right yet again. I know a lot of people would have had Claudio out much sooner but I think they were actually pretty good to him and gave him plenty of time to sort things out but unfortunately he couldn't. The timing of his sacking was spot on in my mind as he deserved that time just after the Jan window to try and turn it round but they didn't then hang around when nothing changed. Makes me laugh when 'experts' accuse them of a lack of loyalty- they were actually incredibly loyal to him but he had lost the plot and he pretty much sacked himself. I remember a few people at the time saying Ranieri had 'earned the right to keep his job, even if we're relegated' - what a crock of shite. No man is bigger than the club whatever his achievements. I'd much rather we were 9th with Claudio long gone than 19th with Claudio still in the job and persisting with the same failing tactics.
Corky Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 I won't criticise Ranieri now, I said at the time that I was annoyed and sad about the situation but something had to be done. Something was done, we've avoided relegation and now the inquests and discussions can start from a stronger basis. Sacking a popular man who was in charge for an incredible title victory was never going to be well received and some will never forgive us for it. A decision had to be taken and ultimately it had proved the right one as far as this season goes, we look a totally different team to three months ago. The owners have made big and unpopular decisions throughout their time but, crucially, I do believe they have the best interests of the club regardless of whether I agree with the choices.
st albans fox Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 2 minutes ago, Corky said: I won't criticise Ranieri now, I said at the time that I was annoyed and sad about the situation but something had to be done. Something was done, we've avoided relegation and now the inquests and discussions can start from a stronger basis. Sacking a popular man who was in charge for an incredible title victory was never going to be well received and some will never forgive us for it. A decision had to be taken and ultimately it had proved the right one as far as this season goes, we look a totally different team to three months ago. The owners have made big and unpopular decisions throughout their time but, crucially, I do believe they have the best interests of the club regardless of whether I agree with the choices. and if they don't appoint shakey .............. plenty will have an opinion on their decision making then......
Corky Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 Of course they will, as they have on every other managerial decision, both appointing and sacking, since they arrived.
Gazza M Posted 6 May 2017 Posted 6 May 2017 It probably was done 2-3 weeks later than I would have pulled the trigger. I have said it on here before and I'll say it again, as good as Claudio was last season, he was equally as bad this season. I also said at the time when people were moaning, that I back our owners.
volpeazzurro Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 7 hours ago, st albans fox said: and if they don't appoint shakey .............. plenty will have an opinion on their decision making then...... They will but I think their judgement has always been spot on eventually thus far. From the outside, particularly with there being no obvious alternative, Shakespeare, following this run of results and obvious knowledge of and popularity with the players seems to be nailed on. However, as we're not privy to all the full inside workings of the club, should our owners choose to employ someone else completely, I think their record suggests that we should trust them as there will be a lot of thought and good reasoning behind it. Either way I won't be surprised.
sylofox Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 13 hours ago, LanguedocFox said: My sentiments exactly. My next-door neighbour is convinced that Ranieri would have kept us up, despite my telling him that we were almost certainly doomed. It amazes me when someone whose knowledge of City comes solely from highlights on MoTD argues with someone (me) who watches virtually every match, live. The way we have turned the season round has been brilliant, and if we could carry on like this in 2017-18, we might just be pushing for a European spot this time next year. Right decision by a million miles. But it amazes me when people that go to all the games. Unlike me very few and highlights on motd had to be told by me we would stay up in the great escape. So from Xmas to the spurs game I said we would stay up and Pearson would turn it round. Yet 99% on here said I and a few others were mad. We can all have an opinion and we can all get it right/wrong. In this day and age of streaming it's possible to see most games and have a valid opinion. I seen all three goals yesterday I know four in the ground that only seen two. Infact one of them only seen one.
Guest Col city fan Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 48 minutes ago, sylofox said: Right decision by a million miles. But it amazes me when people that go to all the games. Unlike me very few and highlights on motd had to be told by me we would stay up in the great escape. So from Xmas to the spurs game I said we would stay up and Pearson would turn it round. Yet 99% on here said I and a few others were mad. We can all have an opinion and we can all get it right/wrong. In this day and age of streaming it's possible to see most games and have a valid opinion. I seen all three goals yesterday I know four in the ground that only seen two. Infact one of them only seen one. Bloody know it all...
rn9013 Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 11 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said: Not read comments so not sure if it's been said, But commentator today said that kasper had assured fans not to worry about his position here, he says he is more than happy here. Hope it's true. I really hope that's right! Would be great to keep hold of him.
majaco Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 Shakespeare gives stability. A change of manager would probably mean a change of system. As our system works, I'd stick with Shakepeare.
cityfanlee23 Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 I'd 100% want shakespeare. HOWEVER, if they owners want to go bigger for whatever reason, Wenger anyone? If he wins the FA cup he may just step down on a high.
Chester Dontlie Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 Their balls are made of Thaitanium. They went against the current to keep us afloat. Can't imagine better owners.
Chester Dontlie Posted 7 May 2017 Posted 7 May 2017 7 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said: I'd 100% want shakespeare. HOWEVER, if they owners want to go bigger for whatever reason, Wenger anyone? If he wins the FA cup he may just step down on a high. But only if we can sign Robbie, Claude and 'Fam' from Arsenalfan tv as a bonus!
Dan Posted 8 May 2017 Posted 8 May 2017 It was a sad end but when it actually happened it was more a relief than anything. I think the Sunderland loss was what really convinced me there would be no coming back under him. Sure enough we went and trounced Man City a week later but even that I was sure was a freak result and as expected usual service resumed in a 1-0 defeat at Bournemouth where we approached a side who were leaking goals for fun like they were Bayern Munich. Ranieri will always be synonymous with the club for being the manager last season, but if I had to be brutally honest about how I feel about him - I'd started questioning how vital he really was last year at times this season and the longer the season has gone on, the longer I've been convinced that he walked into the luckiest scenario you could possibly imagine. When you see how we've performed post-Ranieri it doesn't reflect well on him I'm afraid. Credit to our owners though. It was a ballsy move to make and they bit the bullet and did it. Took a lot of the flack for it but ultimately made a publicly unpopular decision that benefited this club, and I respect them for that, they could easily have not.
Dan Posted 8 May 2017 Posted 8 May 2017 On 5/6/2017 at 17:22, Jonezy said: The rest of the world can F off.... That was completely the right decision and all us supporters knew it was our only hope of getting out of trouble. It worked even better than we could have hoped for. Should always be the case and I want our entire fanbase and club to take this mentality. The rest of the world see Leicester as an also-ran club and no more. Playing by the rest of the worlds tune is the biggest hindrance to our progress as a club.
weller54 Posted 8 May 2017 Posted 8 May 2017 22 hours ago, Mease said: No Shakey and the dominoes will fall. ...pepperoni pizza everywhere!
fuchsntf Posted 8 May 2017 Posted 8 May 2017 On Saturday, May 06, 2017 at 18:26, Ozwin said: They always ask us to trust them and in fairness have never let us down. It's a shame we can't show our appreciation more somehow. Buy a sack full of KP products, and holday in Thailand. Then like graceland, make their house a shrine.... Actually its amazing how many foreign bosses, have great ideas and take over a PL /Championship club, then find out they know nothing and arent prepared to learn. In contrast, our owners, had their apprenticeship, in those 1st years, Then by god, theyve done the club proud. They have been concientious, and stabalised, our club. Our Eternal thanks and gratitude they have truelly earnt Ps...another side, but positive one Burnley bosses should also take some plaudits...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.