Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
foxfanazer

Big decision

Recommended Posts

Posted
51 minutes ago, weller54 said:

...pepperoni pizza everywhere! 

Ha ha, I will set em up....you knock em down 

Posted

Well done to the owners, they could have panicked and brought someone in straight away but they gave Shakey time and he has done fantastic and deserves his chance as regular manger for next season.

Posted

It's an interesting one. Shaky has done very well and would be harsh if he didn't get it.

 

however a couple of times he himself has mentioned he doesn't like the press side of it and like the Football side. The owners have to be trusted and if they decide to go elsewhere I'm sure we'll be fine too.

Posted

I don't know about you guys but the Southampton away debacle was when I knew time was up for CR. We were leaking goals for fun and couldn't score for love nor money. In hindsight I probably lost faith in him few weeks earlier when we went to Boro and parked the bus for a 0-0 draw - to the lowest scoring team in the league.- that many  (me included) deemed a good point. 

 

 

Posted

I'm sure several people have done this, but here goes.

 

Shakespeare has now been in charge for ten PL games: W7, D1, L2. That's 22 points, or an average of 2.2 per game. If we'd achieved that over the previous 25 games when he was not in charge, we'd now have 77 points and be second or third. I know that counterfactual arguments don't make a lot of sense, but it does show how far we have come.

 

If we get five or six points over the last three games and Shakespeare keeps the job, maybe we really can compete for a European spot next season. Got to keep Schmeichel and, ideally, Mahrez and Gray, but why not.

Posted

Its not out of the question that we could be the best performing team over the last 13 games and in the light of that Id be very surprised if our owners wanted a change of management.

Saturday was a good example proper Leicester play quick tempo very good tactically and the third goal was at thing of beauty.Couple of top quality new players and no reason we should not be in the top six all through the season

Posted
17 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Its not out of the question that we could be the best performing team over the last 13 games and in the light of that Id be very surprised if our owners wanted a change of management.

Saturday was a good example proper Leicester play quick tempo very good tactically and the third goal was at thing of beauty.Couple of top quality new players and no reason we should not be in the top six all through the season

Somewhere in the world, a Spurs fan is absolutely furious.

Posted

Listening to the new Kasabian album on Spotify.

 

Theyve got a bit of Ranieri talking about the band ahead of one of the songs and it's madness me feel dead sad.

 

Absolutely gutted that it didn't work out this season. Ranieri will forever be a Leicester City legend. I hope weve got plans to commemorate last season in terms of a statue or something similar and he's invited to open it.

 

Complete gentleman and hero but what's best for Leicester is best for me. Cheers Claudio ?

Posted
3 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't know about you guys but the Southampton away debacle was when I knew time was up for CR. We were leaking goals for fun and couldn't score for love nor money. In hindsight I probably lost faith in him few weeks earlier when we went to Boro and parked the bus for a 0-0 draw - to the lowest scoring team in the league.- that many  (me included) deemed a good point. 

 

 

Southampton away was probably the pinnacle. The Chelsea game was horrendous but in fairness was at least up against a side on fire, although disappointing coming off the back of a win at Everton. Southampton was so bad it was almost impressive. Southampton away 2014 was renowned as being a low in that season courtesy of a bizarre tactical set up but we somehow managed to eclipse that. 3-0 loss, and was technically 4-0 as they had a perfectly good goal chalked off, against a side who had lost four on the bounce. Beyond belief.

Posted
3 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't know about you guys but the Southampton away debacle was when I knew time was up for CR. We were leaking goals for fun and couldn't score for love nor money. In hindsight I probably lost faith in him few weeks earlier when we went to Boro and parked the bus for a 0-0 draw - to the lowest scoring team in the league.- that many  (me included) deemed a good point. 

 

 

Watching Drinkwater get dragged out to the RW was painful

Posted
55 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Its not out of the question that we could be the best performing team over the last 13 games and in the light of that Id be very surprised if our owners wanted a change of management.

Saturday was a good example proper Leicester play quick tempo very good tactically and the third goal was at thing of beauty.Couple of top quality new players and no reason we should not be in the top six all through the season

We all know what happened following that last time.

Posted
3 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't know about you guys but the Southampton away debacle was when I knew time was up for CR. We were leaking goals for fun and couldn't score for love nor money. In hindsight I probably lost faith in him few weeks earlier when we went to Boro and parked the bus for a 0-0 draw - to the lowest scoring team in the league.- that many  (me included) deemed a good point. 

 

 

I got pissed off at Sunderland away. Took ages to get up there and then our performance was an absolute embarrassment.

 

But the first time I actually shouted for the sack was Millwall away. Horrid away day that.

Posted
On 5/6/2017 at 17:30, LanguedocFox said:

My sentiments exactly.

 

My next-door neighbour is convinced that Ranieri would have kept us up, despite my telling him that we were almost certainly doomed. It amazes me when someone whose knowledge of City comes solely from highlights on MoTD argues with someone (me) who watches virtually every match, live.

 

The way we have turned the season round has been brilliant, and if we could carry on like this in 2017-18, we might just be pushing for a European spot this time next year.

Even MOTD should be enough to tell him that we were ****ing pitiful. 


I lost faith in Claudio after the 3-0 defeat at Southampton. It was amazing how long it took for us to actually end up in the bottom 3. Thankfully we were only there for one night. I really don't think we'd have even reached 30pts had we not sacked him, never mind 40.

 

I was gutted for him, but not for Leicester. Standing at Millwall watching their cretins on the pitch was a massive low. 

Posted
On 06/05/2017 at 17:11, foxfanazer said:

A few months ago I was resigned to us getting relegated and the club having to rebuild again as a championship club. Things were looking really bleak!

 

Massive praise must go to the owners for making a brave and globally unpopular decision! Whether you agree with the way we did it or how the players reacted to Shakespeare ultimately it has saved us. Well done Top and Vichai and thank you 

:appl:

 

i wonder how many media hacks will apologise for their scandalously inaccurate reactions. My only criticism of our owners was not sacking Ranieri earlier. Showed their gratitude and humanity I suppose but, my life, they did leave it late.  

Guest Mickyblueeyes
Posted

The decision was absolutely the right one. It's a shame it wasn't made earlier. Club over any individual. There is no club (despite what they say) who would be satisfied with a disaster just because of one season of absolute elation. Well done to the owner for seeing the good of the club over the feelings of one man.

Posted
3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I'm sure several people have done this, but here goes.

 

Shakespeare has now been in charge for ten PL games: W7, D1, L2. That's 22 points, or an average of 2.2 per game. If we'd achieved that over the previous 25 games when he was not in charge, we'd now have 77 points and be second or third. I know that counterfactual arguments don't make a lot of sense, but it does show how far we have come.

 

If we get five or six points over the last three games and Shakespeare keeps the job, maybe we really can compete for a European spot next season. Got to keep Schmeichel and, ideally, Mahrez and Gray, but why not.

And one of the losses was a weakened team at Everton

Posted
On 08/05/2017 at 14:40, Thracian said:

i wonder how many media hacks will apologise for their scandalously inaccurate reactions. My only criticism of our owners was not sacking Ranieri earlier. Showed their gratitude and humanity I suppose but, my life, they did leave it late.  

I wouldn't hold your breath. Most of the fvckwits have not forgiven us for getting above our station last season.

Posted

I understand what a difficult decision it was for the owners but as others have said those that go every week could see it needed to be done. The owners record has earned the supporters trust and they deserve to be congratulated. I for one will never forget the ridiculous reaction for people like Ginnetta, who agreed with the comments of  Cantona and Lineker  who traduced the club and owners using his high profile First he criticised the club for the appointment of CR then weeped at his demise.What a hypocrite. We now have another season in the prem,an exciting summer of speculation and above all a secure future. All down to our superb owners who have also written off over £200m of debt and contributed to the community. I have been attending for over 45 years, first with my grandad,then my dad and now with my son and daughter and have never known such fantastic times.

Posted
On 08/05/2017 at 15:39, foxaholic said:

And one of the losses was a weakened team at Everton

And the other a bit of a freak last minute goal against a traditional top 4 team.

Posted
On 08/05/2017 at 13:33, Fox92 said:

 

But the first time I actually shouted for the sack was Millwall away. Horrid away day that.

Couldnt agree more, some performances that day were a complete and utter joke, the likes of Mendy and Okazaki right up there. But to lose against 10men of a league one team like that is sack worthy regardless of what you've done in the past

Posted
22 minutes ago, jock2612 said:

I understand what a difficult decision it was for the owners but as others have said those that go every week could see it needed to be done. The owners record has earned the supporters trust and they deserve to be congratulated. I for one will never forget the ridiculous reaction for people like Ginnetta, who agreed with the comments of  Cantona and Lineker  who traduced the club and owners using his high profile First he criticised the club for the appointment of CR then weeped at his demise.What a hypocrite. We now have another season in the prem,an exciting summer of speculation and above all a secure future. All down to our superb owners who have also written off over £200m of debt and contributed to the community. I have been attending for over 45 years, first with my grandad,then my dad and now with my son and daughter and have never known such fantastic times.

Well it was £103m of debt, so they aren't that great ;)

Posted

This for me typifies the two sides of the Ranieri argument.

 

On one side the infamous Sean from Enderby who comes across well and is obviously knowledgeable of the situation and goes to games. On the other side someone who in all likelihood doesn't go to games and would struggle to name the first XI.

 

 

Posted
On 08/05/2017 at 10:14, teblin said:

It's an interesting one. Shaky has done very well and would be harsh if he didn't get it.

 

however a couple of times he himself has mentioned he doesn't like the press side of it and like the Football side. The owners have to be trusted and if they decide to go elsewhere I'm sure we'll be fine too.

Name me one manager that would be happy standing in front of the press if it was optional.

Posted
40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Name me one manager that would be happy standing in front of the press if it was optional.

Mourinho.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...