Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

Can't believe we're not linked with either of these players as we would get the two of them for less than Swansea are asking for Siggurdson. They are both quality players who would provide the creativity and assists that we are desperately lacking. All this bollox about them playing in inferior leagues is crap, they certainly wouldn't be be playing against world class fullbacks every week in the premier league. Watch some you tube videos of both players and tell me I'm wrong. Would post some myself but I'm an old fart and can't work out how to do it.

That there is why you're not on the recruitment team my friend.

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

Can't believe we're not linked with either of these players as we would get the two of them for less than Swansea are asking for Siggurdson. They are both quality players who would provide the creativity and assists that we are desperately lacking. All this bollox about them playing in inferior leagues is crap, they certainly wouldn't be be playing against world class fullbacks every week in the premier league. Watch some you tube videos of both players and tell me I'm wrong. Would post some myself but I'm an old fart and can't work out how to do it.

Ziyech acheived a Hatrick of assists vs Lyon in the semi finals of the Europa League, and scored in the home and away legs vs Celta Vigo. He'll cut it in the PL.

Watch some of Sigurdsson's play via the BT Premier League Reload programme.

Looks sharp in terms of movement outside the box and some of his shots were quite precise. Could give some of our existing midfielders a lesson.

24 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Spending £50m doesnt mean he will fit in with OUR club.. Yes its a lesser risk as he IS a proven Prmiership player, but its still no guarantee and if we pay that sort of money what return will we get in 4 yrs due to his age? 

However saying that he does gel with Swansea and thus makes him worth £50m to them. Any player they get to replace him will be a risk as he may not fit in with their style.and tbh i hold my hat up to them for sticking to their marks! Lets hope we can do the same with Mahrez. 

Then why have we courted him year after year, he will fit in. 4 YEARS! That's a long time for managers in the Championship let alone the Premier League. We already know we are one year apart from winning the league to being relegated. This guy gives us two years of his best and it's proven. Swansea are down without him. As we know when the slide starts; players down tools and managers go.

Agree 100% about Mahrez. He wears a Leicester shirt and that's that, unless someone wants to pay 50 million and that's up to him to prove another club needs him.

2 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Then why have we courted him year after year, he will fit in. 4 YEARS! That's a long time for managers in the Championship let alone the Premier League. We already know we are one year apart from winning the league to being relegated. This guy gives us two years of his best and it's proven. Swansea are down without him. As we know when the slide starts; players down tools and managers go.

Agree 100% about Mahrez. He wears a Leicester shirt and that's that, unless someone wants to pay 50 million and that's up to him to prove another club needs him.

He is proven to Swansea, as Slimani was to Sporting. You cannot say he will do the same for us! Chances are he will but its still a chance. And a very expensive one at that, especially as you pointed out it could be only 2 years. 

And i agree Swansea will be down without him and hence why they are asking £50m.

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He is proven to Swansea, as Slimani was to Sporting. You cannot say he will do the same for us! Chances are he will but its still a chance. And a very expensive one at that, especially as you pointed out it could be only 2 years. 

And i agree Swansea will be down without him and hence why they are asking £50m.

Spurs still keeping tabs and they sold him and still thought of very highly. Premier League for 5 years and English clubs for 10. It was a fantastic buy for Swansea. As PL chances go it's no risk barring injury. Slimani was a much bigger risk as was Mendy, Musa, Bene, kapustka, Cabbage, Zieler, Inler, to name a few.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Iheanacho????????????????

Of course it wouldn't bother you if we spent £50m, you'd probably be happy enough to spend £100m on him as it isn't your money.

Once a club like ours loses the concept of value then we'll suffer for it somewhere not too far down the line.

Not sure he's a modern day number 10, I would like both.

Really, I see more value in Siggy for 50 million than the 60 odd million spent on Musa, Slim and 'On the Mendy'.

The owners want top four, there not happy with middle table.......you only suffer if you can't afford it, like in the Taylor days, we didn't have a sugar daddy! 

How proven is Iheanacho, he's done ok in a side which bosses games and has 60% of the ball. But his worth 25 million, one crap season with us, how much do you think he's gonna be worth.

Rather develop the current midfield in to being more attack-minded; over someone that is over-priced largely because their current club doesn't want him gone.

Harvey Barnes looks a real talent, and he shouldn't be ignored as he seems to have strong potential if he's developed well. Give him some sort of opportunity, please.

Could be another gem, but out of the academy.

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just sharing some Gylfi stats. It would be great to have a CM who actually shot every so often (Wilf aside)

IMG_0258.PNG

Tom Lawrence looking quite good there, though lower division of course so not perhaps so relevant.

Might I suggest that you switch to "per 90" stats as these depend far too much on how many minutes played.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Of course their is, the issue is risk. Overpaying for someone proven in the league is seen as a better option to spending good money on someone unproven. Look at last summer, we went for the cheaper options after being priced out in this country and it was a disaster.

We will still take that risk now and again, but we're trying to balance the squad out as it's filled with  "failed" risks currently.

This. I also can't help but think that Shakey may urge the procurement team to play it as safe as possible in terms of signings to ensure his first full season runs as smooth as possible.

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why do we keep including Cambiasso to our comparisons rather than 2 centre mids, who are on our books in N'Didi & Ibotta?

Dunno, was going to ask the same thing.  Also comparing Drinkwater in the Great Escape season to Gylfi in 2015/16?! Explain yourself @Col city fanlol

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Just sharing some Gylfi stats. It would be great to have a CM who actually shot every so often (Wilf aside)

IMG_0258.PNG

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Of course their is, the issue is risk. Overpaying for someone proven in the league is seen as a better option to spending good money on someone unproven. Look at last summer, we went for the cheaper options after being priced out in this country and it was a disaster.

We will still take that risk now and again, but we're trying to balance the squad out as it's filled with  "failed" risks currently.

I'd argue we did neither. We tried to be cheap in this country, failed as expected, then ended up overpaying for foreign players anyway.

Musa & Mendy were poor buys. Musa looks garbage, Mendy I'm not sure fits our style of play. Slimani was a total panic buy. The signing of him was everything we were trying to avoid.

10 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Ziyech acheived a Hatrick of assists vs Lyon in the semi finals of the Europa League, and scored in the home and away legs vs Celta Vigo. He'll cut it in the PL.

So would Boudebouz IMO.

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Watch some of Sigurdsson's play via the BT Premier League Reload programme.

Looks sharp in terms of movement outside the box and some of his shots were quite precise. Could give some of our existing midfielders a lesson.

45-50m. Expensive teacher! Surely we could spend that sort of money on 2 or3 players that don't require any lessons.

Archived