Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

22 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

We've got no chance of getting Sigurdsson and even less chance of getting Ross Barkley. 

Not sure why we couldn't get Barkley.

everton are saying he's not in there plans and he will go for free if they don't sell him now or in Jan. His wages won't be massive at Everton as he's been there since young. He may want a bigger wage but that can be offset with the low price he can be got at . Not sure I would want him but if he is left in limbo and it's a good deal it's worth a try 

3 minutes ago, Lcfcbisto said:

Not sure why we couldn't get Barkley.

everton are saying he's not in there plans and he will go for free if they don't sell him now or in Jan. His wages won't be massive at Everton as he's been there since young. He may want a bigger wage but that can be offset with the low price he can be got at . Not sure I would want him but if he is left in limbo and it's a good deal it's worth a try 

because he wants to leave Everton for a bigger club. 

2 hours ago, PegguyArphexad said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2017/jul/26/gylfi-sigurdsson-everton-swansea-transfer-window

Interesting read. Looks like we are likely to miss out on him, perhaps that's no bad thing at that price.

Agree with what is said in that article. Ryad Boudebouz's stats are outstanding. He should be the guy we're going in for.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What bigger club wants or needs him, add the fact Everton seem ok to spend money to try and push on, I can't see a team he would gain from, other than money, we all know players earn better wages from moving than staying put at the club the developed them 

29 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agree with what is said in that article. Ryad Boudebouz's stats are outstanding. He should be the guy we're going in for.

Definitely this.

Bored of Siggurdsson now, Boudebouz seems a snip in comparison.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think he wants to leave on a Bosman next season for the money personally.

I'd bet that he doesn't leave Everton this window.

Barkley is English football's flaws personified. Overrated, not got a great football brain, has the odd moment of brilliance but has achieved very little, yet has it in his head he's a superstar and someone will probably cave in and fuel the delusion further by paying the absurd money.

I've got a funny feeling he'll end up at Liverpool. I can't see Spurs paying the money.

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Refusing to play for Swansea today. Trying to force through move to Everton.

I have to say I wouldn't want a player like that anywhere near my club! 

I bet bet he doesn't mind taking the wages 

Should clarify that's my take on the situation, apparantly Swansea are leaving him out as he's 'not in the right frame of mind' to play.

But the inference is clear IMO.

Don't really want to purchase him, to be honest.

Good player, yes, but quite a ridiculous price tag.

We're known for getting decent bargains in the past, and don't want that tarnished with this potentialially.

Guest seanfox778

Still seems bizarre, it's only a friendly and you need to get your fitness up. How messed up can your head actually be that you can't play a non competitive game of what you're professionally trained in. 

Archived