Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It only cost 27m to build the Liberty Stadium.. Truly crazy times we live in.

Makes me to believe even more that the lower leagues are 'proper' football-orientated.

Hard-working players, fighting for their well-earnt wage without sacrificing their respective club's finances.

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Makes me to believe even more that the lower leagues are 'proper' football-orientated.

Hard-working players, fighting for their well-earnt wage without sacrificing their respective club's finances.

Lower leagues will be gone before the big time spending clubs unfortunately 

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Lower leagues will be gone before the big time spending clubs unfortunately 

The arse will fall out of it soon.

Sky are already struggling to justify paying for the rights given they are losing subscribers, whilst BT are probably feeling the same effects.

Things could be very interesting in 3 years time in a financial sense.

53 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Absolute radio of all places have just reported that he is set to sign a new improved deal with Swansea for another 4 years. Can't find anything else anywhere about it though!

Not sure how reliable they are myself, but they seem more like a 'gossip' radio station that gets information/decent rumours from other outlets imo.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

I know we have to bare in mind inflation, but de bruyne only went for 13m more and is far more influential on a game, there is definite better value out there than who ends up with this guy

I was def in the gerrimin camp at 40 mill, but now that we have more data (other ridic signings), starting to be screaming obvious Prwm players are overpriced. I am fine overpaying for a final major piece of the squad like I perceive Gylfi to be, assuming we have Nacho and another CB like Gibson in, but now we need to look outside England like the Hammers just did. FFS we could buy 3 quality AM who have played well in the CL/Europa for that price, bring 'em in, keep the best one, sell the others to save 30 mill, and get 80-90% the performance of Gylfi minimum.

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Bet Sean Dyche can't stand how through the roof the football £ transfer market is becoming..

More money than ever in the game and Burnley are currently making a profit of £15m on transfers and signing Johnathan Walters lol

41 minutes ago, vanity said:

I was def in the gerrimin camp at 40 mill, but now that we have more data (other ridic signings), starting to be screaming obvious Prwm players are overpriced. I am fine overpaying for a final major piece of the squad like I perceive Gylfi to be, assuming we have Nacho and another CB like Gibson in, but now we need to look outside England like the Hammers just did. FFS we could buy 3 quality AM who have played well in the CL/Europa for that price, bring 'em in, keep the best one, sell the others to save 30 mill, and get 80-90% the performance of Gylfi minimum.

exactly, theres certainly better value outside of the prem in terms of a no.10, perhaps that ajax lad

40 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I still want him at 50 million. Great players cost this.

But he ain't one. Good yes, great? No way in hell. Let Everton overpay for this one.

43 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Bet Sean Dyche can't stand how through the roof the football £ transfer market is becoming..

I can't stand the gravel voiced troll but he'd be bang on to complain about the inflated market. 

That said they have more money than ever and will still be playing in a world war II shelter of a stadium with Jonathan Walters as their star buy so it's difficult to sympathise with them too much. 

31 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

But he ain't one. Good yes, great? No way in hell. Let Everton overpay for this one.

The problem with Sigurdsson is his value has nowhere to go but downwards if you pay £50m for him.

If he was 19 I could see it but he's 28 in six weeks and we know exactly the player he is. He's never going to be top class as we've seen him for years, he's just a top ten player and no more.

Just because he would improve us doesn't mean we should sign a blank cheque to get him, it's a ridiculous price for a player that the top teams deem not good enough for them.

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

I still want him at 50 million. Great players cost this.

Lol, you gotta be kidding. Starting from poor stats: he's not a great dribbler, shoots a lot of out box - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69346/History/Gylfi-Sigurdsson

If we  jump to expected goals stats -  https://understat.com/player/714, we will see that his open play stats are poor 0.13 xG + 0.08 xA per 90 min. Yeah, he plays for Swansea and it's not a good team, but still. So basically lots of his stats come from set pieces, corners, freekicks and penalties. Without it he's not that great and definitely doesn't cost 50M

18 minutes ago, iKIDSTER said:

Lol, you gotta be kidding. Starting from poor stats: he's not a great dribbler, shoots a lot of out box - https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69346/History/Gylfi-Sigurdsson

If we  jump to expected goals stats -  https://understat.com/player/714, we will see that his open play stats are poor 0.13 xG + 0.08 xA per 90 min. Yeah, he plays for Swansea and it's not a good team, but still. So basically lots of his stats come from set pieces, corners, freekicks and penalties. Without it he's not that great and definitely doesn't cost 50M

So he shoots a lot from outside the box and his best stats are from set pieces, corners, freekicks and penalties and I see that he covered more ground than everyone apart from N'Golo. £60 million !

As much as I would like him here, there must be players out there on the continent at even £30m who could provide just as much quality.

My FM days are behind me and I don't watch a great deal from the foreign leagues these days, but there must be.

13 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

As much as I would like him here, there must be players out there on the continent at even £30m who could provide just as much quality.

My FM days are behind me and I don't watch a great deal from the foreign leagues these days, but there must be.

Undoubtedly, but they ain't PWOVEN PWEMIER LEAGUE mate. 

Archived