Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

"You're just a s**t Jamie Vardy..."

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

A lot of people seem to think that every chant is the gospel truth with no tongue in cheek aspect whatsoever.

Chill out, enjoy it. It's football.

Agree. The football chant police really annoy me. 

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Do you think they're just going to resort to being shit again week in week out because of where they're playing? They'll be used to playing there now and it won't make any difference.

Used to playing there after a handful of games? :huh:

9 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

From SK1 I genuinely thought it was Spurs fans chanting it taking the piss in some way or another. bizarre

There's a great story about the top bods from the FA visiting Old Trafford in 1999 to watch the Man U - Fulham FA Cup game. Keegan was Fulham manager at the time and being touted as a candidate for the vacant England manager's job. This was a couple of years after Keegan's famous 'I'd love it if we beat them' interview, and the United fans, who pride themselves on their disdain for the England team, were killing two birds with one stone by chanting 'Keegan for England!'. The FA bods, oblivious to the irony of the chant, were apparently impressed with this 'vote of confidence' from the common man, and a few days later Keegan was indeed named England boss, to guffaws from United fans (and many others). 

really could have sung a better chant, whether you like him or not Kane is a great striker who will be playing for England for years. if we are totally honest with ourselves we'd all like a goalscorer like Kane in our team. any Premier League team would

Best domestic support we've had there this season, annoyingly.

All six mentals for their goals were equally as good. Beating us clearly meant a lot more to them than they'll probably care to admit on the internet.

27 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

really could have sung a better chant, whether you like him or not Kane is a great striker who will be playing for England for years. if we are totally honest with ourselves we'd all like a goalscorer like Kane in our team. any Premier League team would

You are correct. It's just his face though. Looks like such a c**t.

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

Do you think they're just going to resort to being shit again week in week out because of where they're playing? They'll be used to playing there now and it won't make any difference.

Moving grounds can screw with teams a bit, they had best hope it doesn't because I think next season is their last shot at it before their players and manager start moving to teams who win trophies and pay bigger wages.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Moving grounds can screw with teams a bit, they had best hope it doesn't because I think next season is their last shot at it before their players and manager start moving to teams who win trophies and pay bigger wages.

I agreee it can happen, people have blamed West Ham's poor form on the stadium move but I think it's more to do with having spent a load of money on shit players 

It's all well and good, the banter on here - giving Spurs some stick over the last couple of seasons, etc. I've been partial to a bit of additional hatred for them and I've enjoyed their bottling ways. 

BUT...

Watching them last night, I couldn't help but feel envious of the significant extra quality they have in their side over ours. Kane, no matter how gormless he might be, is a striker of exceptional quality - a much better all round game than Vardy no matter how badly some might want to deny it. They have quality across the pitch - Alli, Son, etc. can all make something happen. We look pedestrian and one-dimensional compared to them. 

It hurt me to think it last night and it hurts me to type it out - but if we're being honest with ourselves, they're a very good side and they showed last night why they're going to be consistently in the Top 6 and without severe investment and fresh ideas we'll continue to be mid-table at best. 

8 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Well apparantly Kane is one of the best strikers in the world now after scoring 4 goals against a team with no defence.

Well he is currently the leading goal scorer in the Premiership, and was last season too, and 2nd the season before that.

If you've ever played sport before, you'll know the biggest way to make you try harder is someone calling you shit.

You're a shit jamie vardy

okay....goal

NO..You're a shit jamie vardy

okay....goal

okay....goal

No..You're a shit jamie vardy

okay....goal.

Absolute muppets.

Just now, Blue ROI said:

Spurs created a good atmosphere last night you'd  have to say. 

One thing that annoyed me was the 'champions league never again' chant. It's not as if they covered themselves in glory this season in Europe. 

The fact it annoyed Leicester fans was the reason they sang it.

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The fact it annoyed Leicester fans was the reason they sang it.

Wasn't annoyed by that at all but it's a bit rich for them to be singing that. 

Everything else they sang was fair game though as bad as it was. 

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If you've ever played sport before, you'll know the biggest way to make you try harder is someone calling you shit.

okay....goal

okay....goal

okay....goal

okay....goal.

Absolute muppets.

People love it when opposition fans try and wind up JV and he bags and mugs them off. Then we do the same to Kane and the same happens. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People love it when opposition fans try and wind up JV and he bags and mugs them off. Then we do the same to Kane and the same happens. 

So the lesson to be learned is, don't try and wind up the best striker in the premier league cos he's gonna mug you off.

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

One thing that annoyed me was the 'champions league never again' chant. It's not as if they covered themselves in glory this season in Europe. 

They are going to be so gutted when they get asset stripped and just become Everton in a new stadium.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They are going to be so gutted when they get asset stripped and just become Everton in a new stadium.

You're being too kind there. They'll never be as big as Everton.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

okay....goal

okay....goal

okay....goal

okay....goal.

Absolute muppets.

How dare people try to have a little fun during a meaningless game?

15 hours ago, AKCJ said:

A lot of people seem to think that every chant is the gospel truth with no tongue in cheek aspect whatsoever.

Chill out, enjoy it. It's football.

No, We need to be told what songs are socially acceptable, When we can sing them and when we can't.

3 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Well apparantly Kane is one of the best strikers in the world now after scoring 4 goals against a team with no defence.

Let's ignore the fact he's going to finish golden boot winner for the second year in a row.

I hate the gormless twat but you can deny he is good.

Archived