Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Manchester Arena blast

Just woke up to see this horror. Pictures of kids the same age as mine.

I feel sick and vulnerable this morning.

It's all so heartbreaking and I can't imagine what the families of the victims are going through.

A pop concert where people are out having fun.

The world is broken.

RIP

Just seen this on news this morning. Awful. The pictures and videos are horrific.

Kids just out enjoying themselves killed for fvck all.

This problem isn't going away 

with the IRA they knew the security forces had them in a corner ... and they had no cause strong enough to blow themselves up , but their evil was still without limit ... the saving grace for all of us was that prosperity and hope beat fear and terror 

with these bad bastardos there is NO chance of negotiation ... it's a war to take over ... it's a war that has no army , it's a war that has no negotiators , it's a war too complex to even fight , we cannot win this , we cannot loose this , it's now going be with us every day for ever 

Shocking, terrible and evil. 

Some lady on the radio this morning trying to locate her daughter - apparently she had gone to the concert with her friend. Her friend is safe and well but no word from the girl. Can only imagine the agony.

In all honesty though it speaks volumes for society today when you've got people who were there tweeting live videos of events happening seconds after the bomb went off.. then you've got that crumpet off Geordie Shore tweeting Araine Grande asking if "She wants to cuddle tonight" 

Sounds bad but I find myself really detached emotionally from these stories. Not sure if it's the regularity of them or the fact that nothing changes to try and stop it keep happening. Also find myself getting increasingly annoyed at social media with people seemingly fishing for likes by changing their profile pics etc. Maybe I'm just a cynic

1 hour ago, foxoffderby said:

Coward who did this

I know this is probably not the right thread to make this point but why do people use the word coward in these situations?

coward

ˈkaʊəd/

noun

noun: coward; plural noun: cowards

a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

It's not the correct word. There are plenty of negative things you can call them.

Has anyone ever read a decent, suggestion on how to deal with these ever increasing terror attacks? 

There must be something we can do or at least get the ball rolling in minimising the threat. And bomb all the Muslims isn't what I'm looking for

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Has anyone ever read a decent, suggestion on how to deal with these ever increasing terror attacks? 

There must be something we can do or at least get the ball rolling in minimising the threat. And bomb all the Muslims isn't what I'm looking for

There really isn't.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

There really isn't.

Border control and deportation? I accept that this would be really difficult or maybe even impossible. I just don't see how this ends, it's hard enough being at war with other countries but when it's people already integrated in our society we're fighting an invisible enemy with no fear of repercussion 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

There is nothing unfortunately, the only real options are nothing or extremism and we're not a country of extremists.

I get kind of numb to them, even the ones in Europe, but when it's my own country it's bound to hit me harder.

There's a mixture of feeling sick, angry and sad. It makes me not want to get out of bed. There's a huge fundamental problem that's extremely difficult to address. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It can only be done by reducing poverty and increasing education (especially for women and girls), which requires the cooperation of political leaders, which is why it doesn't happen. They use the poor and uneducated to get into and stay in 'power'.

The initial reaction isn't to give more (or love more), it's to take the same approach as Jiggs. Which not only serves to placate the angry and scared in the country that has been attacked, but helps the political and religious leaders who are keeping their people down for their own gain.

We need to reduce inequality and increase education, in the UK and elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

It can only be done by reducing poverty and increasing education (especially for women and girls), which requires the cooperation of political leaders, which is why it doesn't happen. They use the poor and uneducated to get into and stay in 'power'.

The initial reaction isn't to give more (or love more), it's to take the same approach as Jiggs. Which not only serves to placate the angry and scared in the country that has been attacked, but helps the political and religious leaders who are keeping their people down for their own gain.

We need to reduce inequality and increase education, in the UK and elsewhere.

Interesting point. Are we too late now though? 

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I know this is probably not the right thread to make this point but why do people use the word coward in these situations?

coward

ˈkaʊəd/

noun

noun: coward; plural noun: cowards

a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

It's not the correct word. There are plenty of negative things you can call them.

I guess it is because attacking innocent people, and lot of whom are young women and children, is not a courageous thing to do from a moral perspective.

Archived