Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Thought Hughes had a wonderful game and the back 4 were very good. Hamza had a good second half after moving to the deeper midfield position. Barnes showed glimpses but was lightweight when he needed not to be. Our attackers all showed some good and some bad other than the kid who came on and scored.

Can never complain about a come from behind win.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Thought Hughes had a wonderful game and the back 4 were very good. Hamza had a good second half after moving to the deeper midfield position. Barnes showed glimpses but was lightweight when he needed not to be. Our attackers all showed some good and some bad other than the kid who came on and scored.

Coming from behind is very satisfying. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, FIF said:

How was Thandi?

Possible solution for us at RB? 

15 hours ago, FIF said:

He hasn't looked good today but I like his play normally. He pressurises players into mistakes, has a great long throw and normally good positional sense and passing.

Thats always a real bonus........in park football.....or if you're trying to get a contract with Stoke City.

Decent all round player

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

How was Thandi?

Possible solution for us at RB? 

For his first ever game with the U23s he was reasonably impressive. The whole of the back line had a good game in my opinion but considering what I think of Simpson we may as well give the 17 year old a start now :). We really have a wealth of riches at CB though - Maguire, Morgan, Dragovich, Huth could easily have pressure from Hughes, Knight, Moore, Pascanu and Johnson. In fact we have so many good young centre backs that we're trying to get them to play RB or LB just to fit them in the team. Pascanu looks so much better at CB than FB as does Johnson. As much as I've loved Huth and Morgan it's time for them to move on so that we can bring through our younger guys. Forget Keane and the other CBs we've talked about our kids are almost ready.

24 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Thats always a real bonus........in park football.....or if you're trying to get a contract with Stoke City.

Decent all round player

Christian Fuchs says "hi".

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

For his first ever game with the U23s he was reasonably impressive. The whole of the back line had a good game in my opinion but considering what I think of Simpson we may as well give the 17 year old a start now :). We really have a wealth of riches at CB though - Maguire, Morgan, Dragovich, Huth could easily have pressure from Hughes, Knight, Moore, Pascanu and Johnson. In fact we have so many good young centre backs that we're trying to get them to play RB or LB just to fit them in the team. Pascanu looks so much better at CB than FB as does Johnson. As much as I've loved Huth and Morgan it's time for them to move on so that we can bring through our younger guys. Forget Keane and the other CBs we've talked about our kids are almost ready.

Christian Fuchs says "hi".

Agree with Thandi, if Amartey isn't deemed good enough at Rb then might as well give the youngster a go as he gets fowards much better then Simpson and defended just as well (Against worst opposition I know and it has only been one game, shows how poor our Rbs are in an attacking sense). Can't see it happening though as Puel like playing Chilwell and I don't think he would risk 2 inexperienced fullbacks playing at once.

As for Cb, release Huth in the summer, buy Dragovic to start and have Morgan as first choice back up, pick 2 U23s to fight for the second backup spot and send the rest out on loan as they are looking too good for U23 football. Knight has looked brilliant every time I have seen him, and Pascanu stopped so many attacks last night as well as covering Wood at Lb, Moore has done well out on loan but the division he is in is quite poor quality so its difficult to tell how far off he is.

I wonder towards the end of the season, if we aren't getting Europa league football, if Puel will play some of the younger players in any remaining games to see what areas need purchasing in the summer. In that case I can see Barnes getting another run out, Eppiah deserves a chance as he is quick and strong with some nice bits of ball control, Choudhury been hit and miss for me but Puel gave him his debut so could see him getting a chance again.

Good to know that Puel is still attending the U23 games as Ranieri left after only a few games and kind of neglected the U23s, hope we see some more young prospects come through provided they are ready.

• Like 2

If anyone like that was going to get a chance then this is the best time for them under Puel.

Also as much as i shouldn't be a consideration, would be excellent PR for the club re- one of the first South East Asian heritage players to make their PL debut since I guess Chopra?

Seems like Thandi has been around for ages to be fair! He was on one of those 'Next Gen' talent lists a year or so ago so clearly highly rated in a lot of circles. In the England set up also. 

23 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Agree with Thandi, if Amartey isn't deemed good enough at Rb then might as well give the youngster a go as he gets fowards much better then Simpson and defended just as well (Against worst opposition I know and it has only been one game, shows how poor our Rbs are in an attacking sense). Can't see it happening though as Puel like playing Chilwell and I don't think he would risk 2 inexperienced fullbacks playing at once.

As for Cb, release Huth in the summer, buy Dragovic to start and have Morgan as first choice back up, pick 2 U23s to fight for the second backup spot and send the rest out on loan as they are looking too good for U23 football. Knight has looked brilliant every time I have seen him, and Pascanu stopped so many attacks last night as well as covering Wood at Lb, Moore has done well out on loan but the division he is in is quite poor quality so its difficult to tell how far off he is.

I wonder towards the end of the season, if we aren't getting Europa league football, if Puel will play some of the younger players in any remaining games to see what areas need purchasing in the summer. In that case I can see Barnes getting another run out, Eppiah deserves a chance as he is quick and strong with some nice bits of ball control, Choudhury been hit and miss for me but Puel gave him his debut so could see him getting a chance again.

Good to know that Puel is still attending the U23 games as Ranieri left after only a few games and kind of neglected the U23s, hope we see some more young prospects come through provided they are ready.

Knight, Pascanu, Wood & Eppiah the ones to watch for me.

Ranieri not attending U23s game is a real blot on his legacy for me as it shows a total lack of foresight on his part but, interestingly, rumour has it that one of the very few U23s games that he did attend was when he/Shakespeare went to watch Molla Wague make his debut for us Vs Southampton in Feb last year and they came away impressed by the performance of Knight at CB......who was making his debut at CB only as a result of injuries to others (previously used 'sparingly' as a RB).

As a result, Knight was called up to train with 1st team squad, has played virtually EVERY U23 game since at CB and secured himself a new contract last year...

Ranieri was sacked shorty after so difficult to say whether he would have changed his view on watching u23s following the Josh Knight "discovery"...but great news to hear that Puel is showing an interest in the potential players of the future by attending U23s games!

9 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Taking my son tonight after he won some tickets with his school. Hoping it's better than the stoke game I took him to the otter week ?

That's nice! Hope they get loads of kids down there today, it's a great opportunity with it being at the King Power. 

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

That's nice! Hope they get loads of kids down there today, it's a great opportunity with it being at the King Power. 

I'm glad it's at the king power as I thought it would be at Homes park. He isn't massively into football but hoping a few more games and he will enjoy it a bit more 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I'm glad it's at the king power as I thought it would be at Homes park. He isn't massively into football but hoping a few more games and he will enjoy it a bit more 

Indoctrination is the way forward! 

Saying that a friend of mine was concerned that his son was too much into 'thugish' football so bought them season tickets for the Tigers. Didn't work, still wants to play football..!

53 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Interesting that Diabaté is starting tonight

given the magnitude of the game, doesn't surprise me too much. 

Liverpool have Utd, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea as their final 4 games. Big 4!