Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

4 hours ago, deejdeej said:

How's that Sigurdsson play? Still looking for an ideal cam for my team, Zlatan and Eriksen haven't cut it for me so far 

I use Lallana at cam in behind Vardy and Rashford.

Paid too much for him early on, but I think he's super cheap now.

Been great for me.

2 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I use Lallana at cam in behind Vardy and Rashford.

Paid too much for him early on, but I think he's super cheap now.

Been great for me.

Cheers munky might give him a try too I'm constantly chopping and changing trying to find the right player there lol

Just had some guy on WL league message me, all annoyed, cuz he thinks he should of won because he had like 10 more shots on target than me lol 

now I admit, I have both benefitted and suffered from Eaids but this **** was shooting from any and all angles with every player. Its amazing the amount of people who dont understand how football actually works!

on a side note, need to win 4 from last 5 to get elite ??

Edited by Swarles Barkley

5 hours ago, deejdeej said:

How's that Sigurdsson play? Still looking for an ideal cam for my team, Zlatan and Eriksen haven't cut it for me so far 

Been using Lanzini up until recently, after I sold KDB. He's cheap and played well for me.

2 days ago I decided to spunk 560,000 on Bergkamp and play him at CAM. His long range finesse shots are broken!

• Like 1

Got gold 2 on match 40 lol My head hurts. Never again.....until next week.

On a side note, allowing those ****ing icons in weekend league is shit. Just turns into a long range goal fest. I bet 85% of goals i concede are from outside the box.

I've become what I hate. I'm now one of those scumbags that subs a player on in the first minute to abuse the chemistry system. I don't change the formation but it's the only way I can force Lozano in to this. (Almiron starts which puts Alessandrini on 7 and Martinez on 10 with team being 100.) 

It's by far and away my favourite team I think I've ever built. Vidal is just unbelievable and the front three are the most fun I've had in forever. I'm up to div 4 from 6 over the weekend. Climbing. 

I gave Goretzka a go but frankly I just prefer Aranguiz, he's a little tank with an absolutely brutal long shot. 

9qyals.png

Edited by Finnegan

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've become what I hate. I'm now one of those scumbags that subs a player on in the first minute to abuse the chemistry system. I don't change the formation but it's the only way I can force Lozano in to this. (Almiron starts which puts Alessandrini on 7 and Martinez on 10 with team being 100.) 

It's by far and away my favourite team I think I've ever built. Vidal is just unbelievable and the front three are the most fun I've had in forever. I'm up to div 4 from 6 over the weekend. Climbing. 

I gave Goretzka a go but frankly I just prefer Aranguiz, he's a little tank with an absolutely brutal long shot. 

9qyals.png

So it doesn't lower chemistry when brought on in game?

On 11/11/2017 at 22:10, Nod.E said:

Things it is impossible to do in the weekend league:

- not concede in the first 5 minutes

- not concede minutes after scoring

- play 40 games. Seriously who has the time for that?

- keep a clean sheet. In fact even concede less than 3.

- score a penalty. I know how to take them but 5/6 excluding shootouts have been saved.

I don't know why I bother. Yes I'm losing badly consistently and yes this is a bitter rant, but I'm sure even people in the golds can't be enjoying it.

I take it all back.

At the time of writing that last post I had won 2 from my opening 13. To be fair I should have known better. It felt very LCFC pre-great escape for a while, but when I started getting thumped I lost my head.

Long story short I've ended up with Gold3 having won 16 from my next 21 games. Unbelievable scenes. It's gone 3AM now so probably not wise to play the 6 games I have remaining, but I'd be well on for Gold2.

Having said all of this, one thing is still true and that's that you are so susceptible to conceding having just scored yourself.

Is my turn in fortunes likely just me getting better? Or does the game pair you with similarly performing players once it gets a better idea of where everyone stands? My guess is probably a bit of both.

8 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

So it doesn't lower chemistry when brought on in game?

Subs don't affect your team chemistry and position doesn't affect subs. 

There's a formula that determines what chemistry they come on with based on your team. When you have 100 team chemistry it works out at about 6.25 chem for a sub. 

So Lozano comes on with 6 but Vidal and Martinez stay on 10, Alessandrini stays on 7 and the team stays on 100.

I could bring on Buffon there and he'd still have 6.25 chem. 

It is abusing the system and I'm not overly keen on doing it. Until they let wingers play at CAM with 7 chem however, I will feel a tiny bit justified in doing it. 

Edited by Finnegan

Mbappe on loan, TOTW Traore (Lyon), Keylor Navas and untradeable Barzagli. My pack luck seems to be turning around. Not that I can make much money from those 3 but it's an upswing compared to the last month. 

The heady days of De Gea, Higuain, Rijkaard, Oblak etc in packs are well and truly gone!

38 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

Who we thinking for Marquee Matchups this week?

Arsenal Tottenham has to be a shoe in surely. 

Oh and Roma Lazio is on Saturday. 

Er, it's also the Madrid Derby this week. 

Edited by Finnegan