Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Players we had on trial but never signed for us

Didn't we have Rod Fanni on trial the summer after we got promoted?

Think most FT'ers were disappointed when that one didn't happen. Whether he could play or not should never have even been a consideration.

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Think most FT'ers were disappointed when that one didn't happen. Whether he could play or not should never have even been a consideration.

I think we dicked him around for a bit

35 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

What you saying about my Mum?

12 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I keep getting him mixed up with Dennis Wise as they're both c****.

Could have signed him along with Barcelona's Umtiti and Mexican Fernando Arce and played some sexy football. "If carry on films did football it would be like this...."

16 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

I keep getting him mixed up with Dennis Wise as they're both c****.

Could have signed him along with Barcelona's Umtiti and Mexican Fernando Arce and played some sexy football. "If carry on films did football it would be like this...."

Don't forget Omer Toprak lol

On 07/06/2017 at 15:48, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Des Lyttle. Before his Forest days.

Des Lyttle came through our youth ranks. Used to watch him at Belvior Drive. Think he was in the same group at Paul Kitson and Baraclough. 

Definitely part of the youth team, may have even got a pro contract before we released him. 

Another player we let go was Tony Thorpe. He played in the youth team and he was some player. 

For me he was the best of the crop at that time and I remember speaking to him just after the retained list was announced.

I was really shocked (as he was) that he had been let go, but he told me he would be fine as David Pleat wanted him at Luton.

Tony had a very good career at Luton, Bristol City and QPR most of them with decent transfer values.

I spoke to Brian Little about it and he says it's a regret he has that he let him go. One of those situations where the player wanted first team football but we seemed okay with the squad we had so he was surplus to requirements. Also one of those situations where the focus was probably on the first team at the time so quick decisions made and he was one that got away. 

Good career, but as I watched him so many times in the youth team I really wanted to see him in the first team shirt, but at least he was okay in the end. 

Dwight Tiendalli dutch left back was on trial autumn 2015, never found another club.

Malcolm Christie think O'Neill had him on trial when he was at Nuneaton before he winded up at Derby.

Zeus de la Paz Curacao (?)  International goalie, was so shit ended up at Nuneaton.

Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink (Not a trial obviously, but was due to sign until Allen pulled the plug).

We had Dusan Basta on trial the same time that we signed Zsolt Laczko and Gabor Bori. Mandaric wasn't prepared to stump up a 6 figure sum for him though... went on to forge a good career as a right back for Udinese and Lazio.

On 6/7/2017 at 19:54, Paddy. said:

Isn't that Rod Stewarts alias. If not, it should be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-10 at 22:35, Tuna said:

Dwight Tiendalli dutch left back was on trial autumn 2015, never found another club.

Malcolm Christie think O'Neill had him on trial when he was at Nuneaton before he winded up at Derby.

Zeus de la Paz Curacao (?)  International goalie, was so shit ended up at Nuneaton.

Jimmy Flloyd Hasselbaink (Not a trial obviously, but was due to sign until Allen pulled the plug).

Wasn't the Hasselbank deal the reason why Allen got the sack?

10 hours ago, pds said:

Was signed. Played in the cup at home to Crewe. Think Paul Brooker even got a rade tun out that night.

Paul Brooker the winger from Brighton that we signed after winning promotion from the first division. 

Imagine having another transfer window like that one. This place would go into meltdown, I don't think we paid a transfer fee for anyone that summer did we?

On 2017-6-7 at 19:54, Paddy. said:

lol

Archived