Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

We have never been interested in Evans, this was all a ploy to drive his price up so that Arsenal spend all their money on him, thus leaving no money left for Mahrez.

Jon Rudkin is a transfer genius 

#WelcomeMolla 

Listening to Radio 5 and TalkSh1te today, you would not even know we had submitted a bid. They just discussed Man City and Arsenal's interest. To be honest, the media coverage of football is pretty much completely restricted to news about the big 6 now. That PL debate show on Sky should be renamed the Big 6 show. I genuinely think we could see a European super league created within the next 20 years. The money men could market that and make way more cash from Real v Man U and Barca v PSG rather than Burnley v Swansea and the Big 6 just rolling over everyone else increasingly easily. Just hope I'm wrong. 

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

This is what happens when you mess around low balling bids.

We should have bid 35 mill+ and be done with it, he would be our player now.

Yeah great tactic that, opening negotiations for a 29 year old CB who is solid but far from a world beater at 35 million. What could possibly be bad about that?

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Listening to Radio 5 and TalkSh1te today, you would not even know we had submitted a bid. They just discussed Man City and Arsenal's interest. To be honest, the media coverage of football is pretty much completely restricted to news about the big 6 now. That PL debate show on Sky should be renamed the Big 6 show. I genuinely think we could see a European super league created within the next 20 years. The money men could market that and make way more cash from Real v Man U and Barca v PSG rather than Burnley v Swansea and the Big 6 just rolling over everyone else increasingly easily. Just hope I'm wrong. 

I can genuinely see this happening within 10 years.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What sort of loser sets up fake twitter accounts and posts fake transfer news?

Idiots.

This one has taken some thought, though. "I'm going to create a fake Twitter account. Who do I choose- Donald Trump? Theresa May? Nah, I'll go for the Telegraph's Midlands football reporter".

Arsenal and Leicester City fail with £25m Jonny Evans bids, as Manchester City lie in wait

Arsenal and Leicester City have had bids worth at least £25 million for Jonny Evans rejected by West Bromwich Albion as Manchester City’s hopes of signing the Northern Ireland centre-half hang in the balance.

Evans is understood to be keen on a move to City but the Manchester club ideally need to offload Eliaquim Mangala before they can push ahead with a deal and the misfit France defender is wavering over a move to West Brom.

Pep Guardiola is desperate to bring in Evans as cover at centre-half but if City succeed in their efforts to sign Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal before the close of the transfer window tomorrow night and fail to get Mangala off the wage bill it is not certain they will be able to conclude a £30 million deal for Evans.

Evans has been training at City’s CFA headquarters all week with Northern Ireland, who are due to fly to San Marino at 11am tomorrow ahead of their World Cup qualifier on Friday. As things stand, Evans is due to travel with the rest of his Northern Ireland team-mates, unless developments alter the picture.

City are still hoping to persuade Mangala to move to West Brom and, if that happens, they could seek to finalise a fee with the Midlands club for Evans and conduct a medical before he departs with Northern Ireland from Manchester Airport.

Archived