Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

From what Pulis has been saying lately, Evans is almost definitely on the move, so it's between us and Man City.

You'd have to think he'd be at least 3rd choice at Man City though...unless Pep really does want to scrap Otamendi.

Don't see Evans as a bench player, so could mean we have a chance

4 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Papers this morning reckon WBA are holding out for THIRTY-SEVEN MILLION  !!!

The world went beyond mad at £20 million... But if you know that one of Man City or Leicester as the clock ticks will eventually pay upward of £30 million why sell for whats fair or reasonable.... Good business by WBA - just that we are gonna be on the receiving end of this soggy biscuit.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

What do you 'making'?

We are!

We have been all summer,  this position it was priority, we did well doing business early with Maguire but we still needed more, this was a fact last summer but yet we're here the following summer, 2 days before deadline day with only half the problem solved.

It looked like and amazing window for us, it still could be but it could go either way, I understand transfers aren't easy but why we struggle so much, take so much time and dilly dally I don't know, it's so frustrating.

Nailed it!

59 minutes ago, Koke said:

Probably because Smalling doesn't wanna come here. He probably thinks he can regain his spot in the Man Utd team. 

Manchester United to Leicester is a huge step backwards.

That's the reality.

If you put yourself in the shoes of a player who is about 27 and supposed to be at his peak then you don't want to leave a club like Man Utd to join Leicester. It's as good as an admission that you're not that good a player and instead of winning trophies for the rest of your career you'll just be playing for a club that makes up the numbers. For someone like Smalling I can imagine it's quite depressing having been a regular for Man Utd and now the best you can get is Leicester.

It's the same with Evans, he may have been glad to come here two months ago but now Man City are interested coming here seems second rate.

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's the reality.

If you put yourself in the shoes of a player who is about 27 and supposed to be at his peak then you don't want to leave a club like Man Utd to join Leicester. It's as good as an admission that you're not that good a player and instead of winning trophies for the rest of your career you'll just be playing for a club that makes up the numbers. For someone like Smalling I can imagine it's quite depressing having been a regular for Man Utd and now the best you can get is Leicester.

It's the same with Evans, he may have been glad to come here two months ago but now Man City are interested coming here seems second rate.

But again, whilst i'm not gonna lie and say Leicester it a better choice the Man Utd or Man City, its not they're huge opportunies, huge clubs, more ambitions but Smalling ain't gonna get an England call up sitting on the bench for United.

Likewise does Johnny Evans wanna go to Man City (The massive opportunity that it is, earn many more pound notes more likely to win the PL than us - Although they won't, CL, ambitions e.t.c) and probably sit on the bench or come to us and play regular football.

Just now, Matt said:

But again, whilst i'm not gonna lie and say Leicester it a better choice the Man Utd or Man City, its not they're huge opportunies, huge clubs, more ambitions but Smalling ain't gonna get an England call up sitting on the bench for United.

Likewise does Johnny Evans wanna go to Man City (The massive opportunity it is, earn many more pount notes more likely to win the PL than us - Although they won't, CL, ambitions e.t.c) and probably sit on the bench or come to us and play regular football.

That's true and his time at Man Utd is probably done but if he came here he comes here on a bit of a downer which isn't ideal. I'm always wary of signing players who have had plenty of first team football at elite clubs and found themselves squeezed out and unwanted by other elite clubs. It's almost as if they might have mentally checked out of the game and are seeing their career out.

The same with Evans, he'll have a lot of faith in his ability and will just want Man City now. I'd much rather sign someone like Gibson. He should be easier to buy as his career will stagnate in the Championship especially as there is a good chance that Boro don't get promoted this season. He'd be ideal for us as we're a step up and he could still get his big move two years down the line if he's all he's cracked up to be.

7 minutes ago, Micky said:

How about people 'underthink' the complexities of the transfer window. Ever thought that?

Nope, I've thought about it and it's nonsense. If we're after someone else, leaking info to the press about a fake bid for Evans isn't going to stop the information coming out about the other transfer.

If the agent of the other player or the other club want the info out there, it will get out there no matter what we do to stop it. If all parties are happy to keep it quiet, it will stay under the radar.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Nope, I've thought about it and it's nonsense. If we're after someone else, leaking info to the press about a fake bid for Evans isn't going to stop the information coming out about the other transfer.

If the agent of the other player or the other club want the info out there, it will get out there no matter what we do to stop it. If all parties are happy to keep it quiet, it will stay under the radar.

And that is where you are wrong. A leaked bid for Evans is being used to pressure the other club / player into making a hasty decision. They know we only want one centre back and if we are in for a number of players it may make them more inclined to take the money whilst it is on the table.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

human nature babs.  Won't hurt to have it out there from several places. 

23 minutes ago, Micky said:

And that is where you are wrong. A leaked bid for Evans is being used to pressure the other club / player into making a hasty decision. They know we only want one centre back and if we are in for a number of players it may make them more inclined to take the money whilst it is on the table.

Or we're actually just interested in Evans and he's one of multiple irons in fires. There doesn't have to be hidden agendas with every transfer.

BREAKING NEWS

We understand Arsenal are interested in signing Jonny Evans from West Brom.

Sources have told us an enquiry has been made. However, sources close to Albion have told us they are unaware of any contact from Arsenal, who have not made a formal offer at this stage.

Evans, along with his Northern Ireland team mates, have been training at Manchester City's training centre this week before they fly to San Marino on Deadline Day. Michael O'Neill told Sky Sports News last week that he wouldn't stand in the way of Evans should he need to leave the camp to deal with transfer business.  Naturally there's a willingness from NI to resolve it before the flight on Thursday, and one source has told us that the matter of his future could gather pace in the next 24 hours.

As we've been reporting in the last week or so, we're expecting City to return with an improved bid but will it meet West Brom's valuation?

Arsenal and Man City will be driving his price up even further. Add to the fact that Pulis doesn't want to sell, made him Captain and he seems the model professional etc.. I think we will be priced out of a deal, if we haven't already.

I also think Smalling will not come here. 

Sakho and Gibson are both available and would cost 25-30 million to get done quickly. I would be happy with either. 

What we can't do, is end up signing no CB's by the close of the window. Morgan is deteriorating fast and Benny has looked very dodgy. 

Archived