Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Happy Fathers Day!

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Teenagers really are a waste of space. Both my lazy fvckers are still in bed, not even arsed to say happy Father’s Day.

Can’t even find any hint of a card or present so I’m off to the gym on my todd.

Fvck em.

I blame the parenting:P:surrender:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

Teenagers really are a waste of space. Both my lazy fvckers are still in bed, not even arsed to say happy Father’s Day.

Can’t even find any hint of a card or present so I’m off to the gym on my todd.

Fvck em.

Kids out of bed yet @Izzy

You're sat on the sofa right now with one of them giving you a pedicure and the other one massaging your shoulders lol

Hopefully, they've both chipped in and bought you a voucher for the hairdressers :whistle:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

They eventually arose about midday.

Apparently I’m “difficult to buy for” so they ended up giving me a couple of chocolate bars and 400 Yorkshire Gold tea bags.

I mean….

Better than nothing at all :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Apparently I’m “difficult to buy for” so they ended up giving me a couple of chocolate bars and 400 Yorkshire Gold tea bags.

I mean….

Remember to return the favour at Christmas. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I mean….

All I hear is I’m DTBF - and yet all anyone needs to do is find anything computer game/sci fi/motorbike/football/music/sushi/Mexican food/booze related. Failing that, a Swiss Army penknife. I reckon I’m the easiest person in the world to buy a present for. 

I got messages from the kids after their mother texted them. I’m so lucky. 

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

I mean….

Tea bags. Quintessential gift for a dad.

I got two home made cards from the kids and then we went strawberry picking as this weekend is the first one of the season over here where they are ripe. 

I then told them go away so that i could cut the grass and trim the tree branches on my front garden tree. Sometimes the best gifts are peace lol.

It's also my anniversary today so i get to share father day with the missus. Fun. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Update: The eldest is back from work...

Its because I like golf, get it?!

If only @izzy had kids has thoughtful as my step-kids lol

20230618_182049.jpg

Still end up three putting a hole that big...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

I mean….

You just wanted some socks, didn't you lol

• Haha 1

Had a great day with my son and wife yesterday - almost like a normal sunday really, my son being neurodiverse his recognition of Fathers day is non typical - so we did things to make him happy rather than vice versa! A big shout out to all the fathers who deal with the same thing (I know there is a few on here) it will pull on your heart strings a bit seeing other kids writing cards, or making their dad breakfast in bed etc.

Oliver is gradually progressing well with the support of Menphy's and is moving onto Dorothy Goodman in September - after a pretty hard couple of years there is always moments when your kids really surprise you. 

Happy Fathers day to everyone, especially those in challenging situations and who have lost their father or grandparent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Had a great day with my son and wife yesterday - almost like a normal sunday really, my son being neurodiverse his recognition of Fathers day is non typical - so we did things to make him happy rather than vice versa! A big shout out to all the fathers who deal with the same thing (I know there is a few on here) it will pull on your heart strings a bit seeing other kids writing cards, or making their dad breakfast in bed etc.

Oliver is gradually progressing well with the support of Menphy's and is moving onto Dorothy Goodman in September - after a pretty hard couple of years there is always moments when your kids really surprise you. 

Happy Fathers day to everyone, especially those in challenging situations and who have lost their father or grandparent.

I spent mine chasing my son  and daughter ( who we now recognize to be autistic - she’s 2) around a park and from running into roads lol

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Izzy said:

I mean….

22 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Better than nothing at all :thumbup:

Distinctly better than the zero cards, texts, calls or presents received in this household! Just like Christmas and Birthday's, so at least there is consistency.

I hesitated to write yesterday. My family never celebrated such days, and my father and I get on but really don't have a relationship as such - I just know he's my Dad. I'm not a father either, so yesterday was quiet. 

However, the person I love most of all told me she loves me, and that counts for so very much. I wish all of you the best of everything. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Distinctly better than the zero cards, texts, calls or presents received in this household! Just like Christmas and Birthday's, so at least there is consistency.

Just how I like it. 

At the risk of sounding deliberately contrary and/or curmudgeonly, I really don't quite get the need for the validation.

When they are little up to say, 10 or 11, I get it. They take pride in doing a card at school or making brekky in bed etc. But older or adult kids making a fuss? Really? 

11 hours ago, Tommy G said:

An excellent school . I can't speak highly enough of the place tbh. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Just how I like it. 

At the risk of sounding deliberately contrary and/or curmudgeonly, I really don't quite get the need for the validation.

When they are little up to say, 10 or 11, I get it. They take pride in doing a card at school or making brekky in bed etc. But older or adult kids making a fuss? Really? 

I don't think adults sending other adults a Birthday or Christmas card is validation or making a fuss.