Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Happy Fathers Day!

On 18/06/2017 at 08:25, Izzy Muzzett said:

To all you fellow Dad's on here, have a great Fathers Day today. 

I'm not really a big fan of all these special, made up, commercially driven one off days - but I'll make an exception on this occasion lol

The standard card and a dozen golf balls gift for me from the kids this morning, and then a drive up to Leics this afternoon to see my old man.

What gifts did you lot get and what you up to today?

And to you mate!

My two little pugs used their ‘bone money’ to buy their old dad a voucher.

Regarding my human child..not heard from that little rascal as of yet...

• Like 1

On 17 June 2018 at 10:45, Buce said:

My daughter gave me a book about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. 

I think she’s trying to tell me something...

I was interested in that expedition.

until I realised that 30% of hikers get lost and wander round for days disoriented slowly going insane.

The rest are eaten by bears!

Good luck.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, notnow john said:

I was interested in that expedition.

until I realised that 30% of hikers get lost and wander round for days disoriented slowly going insane.

The rest are eaten by bears!

Good luck.

Who wants to live forever? :D

I was taken out for a meal to the KP, 3 out of 4 years ain't bad. Not very busy this year. The Mrs said it wasn't advertised like it was last year. Food was lovely and the service was great. I also got an echo Dot which I didn't think I'd use but it's really handy and I'd recommend one to anyone (who can speak and has internet).

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

When I played golf I used to get a dozen balls worth about £30 for Fathers Day

When I drank booze I used to get a decent bottle of wine worth a tenner.

Now I do neither I got a box of Hero's chocolates worth £2.99

Happy Fathers Day :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

Completely passed me by this year, only found out it was coming up 2 days ago which isn't really enough time to arrange something for a parent living abroad so he's had to settle for a phone call while he's having lunch :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Completely passed me by this year, only found out it was coming up 2 days ago which isn't really enough time to arrange something for a parent living abroad so he's had to settle for a phone call while he's having lunch :facepalm:

You found out who he is?

Cool. :D

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

When I played golf I used to get a dozen balls worth about £30 for Fathers Day

When I drank booze I used to get a decent bottle of wine worth a tenner.

Now I do neither I got a box of Hero's chocolates worth £2.99

Happy Fathers Day :rolleyes:

I got nothing but i also dont care for anything to be honest. Came downstairs both kids sitting down didnt acknowledge it was fathers day even though their mother had just told them before i came down lol granted they were glued to Netflix as i cams down so just werent paying attention. 

I think the best part was they did say it and my 4 year old daughter says "daddy  i forgot to make you a card. I am making you a card its in the other room, do you like butterfly stickers?"

She was so serious and sure it made my heart warm seeing her facial expressions. Its all i need.. 

Give it an hour and im sure both kids will enter the inevitable jack ass zone and i will think WTF.

• Haha 2

Right I’ll be honest,  I’ve reached the point of Father’s Day where I wish the local replaced ‘happy hour’ with ‘daddy hour’ and I could find some escape and peace from bickering kids in the company of other like minded fathers and just talk football and sh1t over a beer or two for an hour or so. lol 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Right I’ll be honest,  I’ve reached the point of Father’s Day where I wish the local replaced ‘happy hour’ with ‘daddy hour’ and I could find some escape and peace from bickering kids in the company of other like minded fathers and just talk football and sh1t over a beer or two for an hour or so. lol 

Never tried shitting over top of a beer before. Whats that all about, new craze? Haha

Great Father's Day today. Had the old man round for a nice brunch, which he really enjoyed. We've never had the closest of relationships but I think we both love each other really! 

Then, the best Fathers Day gift - the missus took the kids out for a few hours (to see her dad) so I had some chill time. Took the dogs for a walk and a cheeky afternoon doze in front of the cricket. Perfect! 

• Like 1

The benefit of having family who support our beloved club, one of my favourite shirts from a special era. At the time due to starting a family and lack of funds could not get down as much as I would have liked, let alone buying the shirt. Absolute buzzing one of the best father's days and makes taking your son down with you to support the club worth it especially when they have the same passion as you, roll on August 10th:scarf:

IMG_20190616_184329.jpg

IMG_20190616_184249.jpg

• Like 2

Slightly off topic and a small rant….

The local junior school that my three went to has Mother’s Day assembly and no Father’s Day assemblies…. It’s this kind of thing that perpetuates image of fathers as second string parents…. Really p@sses me off…. I was a full time single dad to my eldest two for many years and it was a bloody struggle at times…. Plenty of us dads are completely involved in bringing up our kids….

The days of the indolent father gently patting their progeny on the head from the comfort of his armchair before they scarper off upstairs to bed has been gone for years…

Rant over!

• Like 2