Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

47 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Hopefully, I love corned beef.

Me too ! ...   in fact I had it for lunch ! ...   2 slices between 2 slices of seeded bread  ...  lovely !! ....   and 2 slices left (pack of 4 from the co-op) for tomorrow.

This thread has been a load of w@nk as usual (brexit brexit brexit !!), but glad things are looking up !! ...   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

The thing is, the whole of Europe know that May can't give any more ground or they'll be dealing with Boris or JRM and there'll be no deal. I actually think, perversely , that her weakness has put pressure on the EU.

There lies  the total lack  of Brit perception....EU has no pressure.

There are no real negotiation,or exotic deals platform that the British argument ever had....The Eu would still like Britain as some type of style of

Partner...but they couldn't really care...Either in the political houses ,neither in  business nor on the street.....

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

There lies  the total lack  of Brit perception....EU has no pressure.

There are no real negotiation,or exotic deals platform that the British argument ever had....The Eu would still like Britain as some type of style of

Partner...but they couldn't really care...Either in the political houses ,neither in  business nor on the street.....

Hmmmm i think they rather like money. 

Can't believe no one has mentioned Frank Field has resigned the whip, been an incredible servant to the Labour party over the last 35 years. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned Frank Field has resigned the whip, been an incredible servant to the Labour party over the last 35 years. 

until the Enoch lover propped up the government and he jumped before he was pushed when his CLP made it clear they didn’t want to spend weekends campaigning for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

until the Enoch lover propped up the government and he jumped before he was pushed when his CLP made it clear they didn’t want to spend weekends campaigning for him.

He voted for against the remainer blocking tactics. Tony Benn would have been proud of him.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

He voted for against the remainer blocking tactics. Tony Benn would have been proud of him.

Yes boss Tony Benn would have voted with the Conservative govenrment on a vote on a trading customs union over the prospect of a GE  leading to a government led by Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell. Get off yer arse.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

That is bullshit, I thought you were better than that.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Yes boss Tony Benn would have voted with the Conservative govenrment on a vote on a trading customs union over the prospect of a GE  leading to a government led by Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell. Get off yer arse.

Corbyn voted with the Tory Eurosceptics in the 90s. I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to the cause. I bet you don't even like corned beef.

Guest Markyblue
37 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If their were more frank fields and less Jeremy's then me and hundreds of thousands of other working class people would go back to supporting who we should, the Labour party of and for the working class not metropolitan elite millionaires.shame on you. 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

That is bullshit, I thought you were better than that.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2012/06/enoch-powell-as-a-parliamentarian/ 

oh dear. Written by the man himself.  firmly on yer arse.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Corbyn voted with the Tory Eurosceptics in the 90s. I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to the cause. I bet you don't even like corned beef.

corned beef, jersey new potatoes, peas and brown sauce one of the all time great teas. Still planted on it I see.

On 31/08/2018 at 08:33, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Pleased to meet you.

I voted leave because I believed what I was told to my face by a sitting MP and his leave campaign team.  Every word of it has turned out to be bullshit.  

Not only that, my business is fvcked, a load of my clients businesses were fvcked so they relocated to the mainland and others will have to follow if the ‘no deal scenario’ plays out and others have already gone under.

I was happy that Leave won because I voted for it and bought into the vision of ‘Brittania rules the waves’ but that was really ignorant of me.  What I failed to see was what was right before my eyes and that was the progression of industry had developed and flourished because of things like the single market and the customs union.  Passporting for financial services is hugely essential for the operation of the Insurance industry and is at real risk.

Businesses have been set up and jobs created on the back of the ease of trade we have.

What’s become clear to me is that what Brexiteers want to achieve is possible.  It absolutely is.  The problem is, we’ll need to reinvent the wheel to do it over the course of probably 20-30 years of hardship and the absolute best result we can hope for is to end up close (not better as that is actually impossible due to the legal nature of existing trade agreements) to what we have now.  Even to achieve that, what we’d need is for most countries in the world to bend over and let us ram them from behind which isn’t going to happen.

The government wanted to look to be strong so triggered Article 50, I get that.  The vote was democratic, I get that too, but what I dont get, is when there isn’t a single thinf left to cling to and when the bloody Prime Minister of our country, quite obviously lies to our faces about what’s to come, how there are still people that say, ‘yeah.  This is exactly what I wanted’.

The last 4 months i’ve been on my fvcking knees and it’s all down to this shit.  Everything I worked for has near enough gone.  My health has deteriorated and quite frankly, there have been times when I could quite easily have swam out to sea and let myself go.

If we continue down the path we’re going, we’re fvcking oursleves for no other reason than pride and ego.  We’ve been fooled by people like Mogg who sound and look convincing but really, they’re nothing more than snakeoil salesman.

All around me I hear conversations full of spite and hatred, friends and families split and divided.  If this is the future it disgusts me.

I wish we could go back to before this was even a spark in David Camerons mind.  I want my country back.

:appl:

This is a really honest post and one that echoes what many who voted leave are now thinking.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Me too ! ...   in fact I had it for lunch ! ...   2 slices between 2 slices of seeded bread  ...  lovely !! ....   and 2 slices left (pack of 4 from the co-op) for tomorrow.

This thread has been a load of w@nk as usual (brexit brexit brexit !!), but glad things are looking up !! ...   :)

With a bit of Branston pickle.  X

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Come on you know the score by now 

Corbyn walks through the lobby to vote with Conservatives - man of principle. 

Field walks through the lobby to vote with Conservatives - nasty Tory.

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Hmmmm i think they rather like money. 

And we love inept politicians,who can't deliver,then go on the blame trail...

as an expat I love my country,but not the choice of dozos biggots,hypocrites and selfseeking  liars,that should be honoured to represent it..

I didn't ever like M.thatcher,but her cabinet (also not my cup of tea) had more worldly skills...

And we haven't had a decent opposition since. Most of all that all govt bodies couldn't come together to represent the country as an whole,and

Most corners of the society it/they should represent,by organising Brexit on an all party scale...shows total lack of hindsight,forsight,and honest

Commitment. The British electorate have been mislead,deliberately misguided and grosly criminally deceived.....

Backbenchers and 3rd tier good politicians have been trampled over,and shouted down...both leading parties in chaos.

The political media,instead of being a useful information platform,at the wrong time took to Party bias,and party politics....

And to you all that easy forget..party chaos is not,I repeat is not when politicians of the same party disagree with each other on any,especially

the major issues.....That is when true democracy is served,and too many of you have fed on journalist tripe,encouraging the "people"

to really forget the major priorities and go in for immature fifth former bitchy mudslinging tactics,with mobbing the purpose!!!

On 31/08/2018 at 09:33, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Pleased to meet you.

I voted leave because I believed what I was told to my face by a sitting MP and his leave campaign team.  Every word of it has turned out to be bullshit.  

Not only that, my business is fvcked, a load of my clients businesses were fvcked so they relocated to the mainland and others will have to follow if the ‘no deal scenario’ plays out and others have already gone under.

I was happy that Leave won because I voted for it and bought into the vision of ‘Brittania rules the waves’ but that was really ignorant of me.  What I failed to see was what was right before my eyes and that was the progression of industry had developed and flourished because of things like the single market and the customs union.  Passporting for financial services is hugely essential for the operation of the Insurance industry and is at real risk.

Businesses have been set up and jobs created on the back of the ease of trade we have.

What’s become clear to me is that what Brexiteers want to achieve is possible.  It absolutely is.  The problem is, we’ll need to reinvent the wheel to do it over the course of probably 20-30 years of hardship and the absolute best result we can hope for is to end up close (not better as that is actually impossible due to the legal nature of existing trade agreements) to what we have now.  Even to achieve that, what we’d need is for most countries in the world to bend over and let us ram them from behind which isn’t going to happen.

The government wanted to look to be strong so triggered Article 50, I get that.  The vote was democratic, I get that too, but what I dont get, is when there isn’t a single thinf left to cling to and when the bloody Prime Minister of our country, quite obviously lies to our faces about what’s to come, how there are still people that say, ‘yeah.  This is exactly what I wanted’.

The last 4 months i’ve been on my fvcking knees and it’s all down to this shit.  Everything I worked for has near enough gone.  My health has deteriorated and quite frankly, there have been times when I could quite easily have swam out to sea and let myself go.

If we continue down the path we’re going, we’re fvcking oursleves for no other reason than pride and ego.  We’ve been fooled by people like Mogg who sound and look convincing but really, they’re nothing more than snakeoil salesman.

All around me I hear conversations full of spite and hatred, friends and families split and divided.  If this is the future it disgusts me.

I wish we could go back to before this was even a spark in David Camerons mind.  I want my country back.

a great post..covers a good balanced personal path and shows and lays open direct and indirect issues through the whole Brexit affair..

Though I still don't know what the shared target of the Brexiteers,to make it possible,really was or is.

Both sides have shuttled their ideologies around,even the dice didn't want to come out and roll...

Bombasticity was the major enemy,and trap of all the electorate as much as the politicians,and opinions were not covering anything reasonable

and balanced...The big failure was the British idea,that there was something major that they could hold onto to negotiate,our politicians

really sold lies on misconceptions of at the time political media outlets and garbage surveys..

I was a remainer..but once the result went in...Credit could have taken a strong and balanced path.

but incompeten ce   through and through, tactic,approach arrogant lack of understanding of Britain's lack of

negotiation strength,and from the start a path of routine failure seemingly Lazily planned and actually  desired...

because they really didn't know what they were doing,so went on let's blame the EU tact.....nasty Johnny foreigner

always works...The actual immaturity of the electorate was compounded left me du mbfounded, by the same

approach from incompetent like ,decision making politicians. Political guile has left British politics a long time ago.

diplomatic Flag carriers gone into history. 

Some businesses will be badly let down and go to the wall,I only hope,like all new situations,other businesses can flourish,

and brand new ones come to the fore...We can't create any individual  new big employment company,but small-middle

business,can collectively get people into work. 

Infrastructure has to be supported, the old gripe of immigration,has to be faced and not denied,and far better planned

and organised and controlled with intent.

Yes Brexit can work...but with only blatant self-serving politicians at the forefront,like the banking business,is doomed

to a path of deceit and corruption at the cost of good business,planned targets,and work for the electorate...

For growth,and housing,which improves consume,Post Brexitneeds to scrap zero hrs,and cut down on limited

contracts for workers who have served 3years...Nobody can rent or buy houses when they have a carp limited contract.I

Then the benefit-card is easy to play and to be abused...Decent folk are being forced,to make degrading choices,to their

Final advantages,just because a lack of life's honesty on a scrap of Paper...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MattP said:

"Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine cerno"

Would just roll off the tongue of Frank Field that.

Ol' Enoch did have a good classical education.

Didn't stop him from being a throwback martinet on several matters even in the time of his career, though.

NB. I don't know enough about the topic to say whether or not Fields is/was an admirer of his.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Didn't stop him from being a throwback martinet on several matters even in the time of his career, though.

NB. I don't know enough about the topic to say whether or not Fields is/was an admirer of his.

I am

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Enoch will always be a hero of mine. He knew what was coming. A great and very wise man.

It is an absolute disgrace for the Labour party to tell Frank Field to withdraw his resignation, or he would be kicked out of it. So mush for democracy. Labour are bereft of any kind of decency.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

There’s a bloke on here lost his livelihood. My neighbour has been in the aviation industry for his entire life and the Chinese investment has been pulled due to Brexit uncertainty. He’s been driving a 7.5 toner for the past 6 months to feed his family, his house is up for sale and he has his HGV test next weekend.

Lots of jobs were cut the day after the decision to leave came in - whole talent and headhunting departments based in the uk went in a variety of businesses.

You can have an opinion either way but laughing at people who have lost out and are in a bad place pretty much sums you up.

Swings and roundabouts, has existed since time immemorial. It's called life, like it or not. With or without Brexit, these things will happen.