Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

LCFC @ Luton Town (Friendly) - Match Thread

Too much complaining about Drinky. He covered defensively very well and there is no-one in the prem who plays one touch as well as he does, sometimes seems that the players are trying to give the ball to him with no time (and vice versa). 

I'm really surprised that no-one is worried about Fuchs being out starter at LB this season. I think the fact that he can pass and ping a ball so well and take great long throw ins have blinded too many to his defensive laziness and deficiencies. He's great going forward but he's a big concern when we are being attacked. He has now got into a habit of trying to make a big defensive play to save himself working back and doing his job. I just hope that Shakey is going to play Chilwell at LB from the next game onwards. Fuchs would make a better wide midfielder for when we need a more defensive set up.

Should have won much now comfortably, dominated but final ball was poor and finishing lacking. 

Thought Musa was much better second half, seemed to link pretty well with slimani. Clearly lacking confidence when it comes to taking people on and using his pace. 

Albrighton biggest threat in first half, as much as I like him that says everything about our lack of creativity. 

Iborra was tidy but don't see him being dominant enough to play in a two. 

14 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi, I have Kodi but have had problems finding a good app to use for football since I lost Phoenix. Which one is best to use for these channels? Thanks 

It's constantly changing! NJM last season but now that's gone your best to use Halow... install the easy build too, follow a YouTube video on how to do it, very easy and puts the latest up to date apps on it for you

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Too much complaining about Drinky. He covered defensively very well and there is no-one in the prem who plays one touch as well as he does, sometimes seems that the players are trying to give the ball to him with no time (and vice versa). 

I'm really surprised that no-one is worried about Fuchs being out starter at LB this season. I think the fact that he can pass and ping a ball so well and take great long throw ins have blinded too many to his defensive laziness and deficiencies. He's great going forward but he's a big concern when we are being attacked. He has now got into a habit of trying to make a big defensive play to save himself working back and doing his job. I just hope that Shakey is going to play Chilwell at LB from the next game onwards. Fuchs would make a better wide midfielder for when we need a more defensive set up.

Fuchs is class.  We're lucky to have him.  Abs tiolute starter for me there is no way he is being dropped.  Chilwell may push him as time goes on, but for now i'd stick with Fuchs until Chilwell definitively forces him out.  We are stacked at LB, least problematic position

7 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

That doesn't make sense, and normally you do. I think Musa applied himself tonight and looked a lot sharper than some others. I think there is a good player in there, but I sometimes wonder if the quality around certain players we have isn't enough.  

It's still too early to judge but I'm very worried about Drinky, he was not good again tonight. There was a question about who slower than Ulloa. I'm actually going to wager Drinky. Before there is any witch hunt on me for being a hater, read some of my other posts and you'll see how much I love him, especially in 2013/14

Which bit didn't make sense out of interest?

I just think Musa lacks the confidence too often to ever really be a success here. He did well for the goal to be fair but even then it was more... thank **** for that, rather than knowing it was coming, he should've shot really after rounding the keeper but he didn't have the confidence.

His movement was quite decent last night but his end product is shocking. He looked annoyed at himself at times.

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just think Musa lacks the confidence too often to ever really be a success here. He did well for the goal to be fair but even then it was more... thank **** for that, rather than knowing it was coming, he should've shot really after rounding the keeper but he didn't have the confidence.

His movement was quite decent last night but his end product is shocking. He looked annoyed at himself at times.

He may just need more time.  I think i remember reading it took him a couple of seasons to score consistenty in Moscow.  Maybe once his confidence grows he'll improve

3 hours ago, FIF said:

I thought Drinky did alright when he came on, but once people decide they don't like a player, judgement is clouded and they look for anything at all to jump on. I'm confident DD will have a good season and I still expect him to start on the opening day.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm a bit concerned we're turning too physical as a team, not in terms of discipline but I mean our general approach, there's been a real lack of attacking spark. We look hopeless going forward without Mahrez on the pitch.

Spoke to one of my neighbours the other week who supports West Brom, he said he wouldn't be surprised if our style of play becomes similar to theirs. Shakespeare and Appleton both came through the West Brom ranks, a team that has been known to base themselves on physicality down the years. Look at the signings we have made so far, Maguire and Iborra two physical players who add a bit of steel to our side. We'll have to find the right balance, we don't want to end up fully like West Brom who base themselves around defensive play. 

We we rely too heavily on Mahrez and Vardy when it comes to our attacking play, we really need a creative midfielder of some sort or our play will become boring and slow.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think the fact he didn't shoot was a positive sign... the shot wasn't really on, he ultimately made the right decision is waiting and setting the ball back acruately into Mahrez's path.

A striker low on confidence would have snatched at that chance. He showed composure and a good touch to take it around the keeper. True, this wasn't in a high pressure scenario, this was at Kennilworth Road, but you could identify aspects that attracted us to signing him in the first place.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

As some have said, Musa seemed to come along last night. 

I thought that he showed promise, and I think that the light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel is in sight.

Can't see it myself.. He was up against a 2nd Division side and looked his normal self.... Poor! 

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

As some have said, Musa seemed to come along last night. 

I thought that he showed promise, and I think that the light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel is in sight.

He is composure away from being a good player. I want him to be good, but I'd say it's the toss of a coin as to whether he can deliver.

12 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

He is composure away from being a good player. I want him to be good, but I'd say it's the toss of a coin as to whether he can deliver.

Agreed. Should have scored yesterday. Assist was definitely deserved. Perhaps should have had another assist, as well.

Lets be honest he should have stroked it into an empty net as should slim have put his foot through a couple.

Riyad again doing something a bit special.

What is an assist? Is that like stepping up to the plate from the get go

16 hours ago, murphy said:

Erm... Aren't you forgetting something?

Leicester-Ranieri.jpg

did you not see the game last night mate kingy maradonna turned three of their centre mids twice in ten seconds 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

did you not see the game last night mate kingy maradonna turned three of their centre mids twice in ten seconds 

Right, you've convinced me.

That is much better than winning the premier league.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

I'll give you the first turn, the others looked more like he was following the ball rather than controlling it... with a happy ending. ?

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think you said he lacked confidence but looked confident in the same sentence. I'd had a few cocktails last night so could have been me misreading it too! 

He he seems to do the hard bit well and then fluff his lines. Maybe over thinking the simple stuff. I genuinely think there's a good player in there and am willing to be patient. Last season, no one was patient for the new boys and the pressure of coming in and having to perform immediately seemed to get to the new boys and seasoned vets alike. 

8 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I think the fact he didn't shoot was a positive sign... the shot wasn't really on, he ultimately made the right decision is waiting and setting the ball back acruately into Mahrez's path.

A striker low on confidence would have snatched at that chance. He showed composure and a good touch to take it around the keeper. True, this wasn't in a high pressure scenario, this was at Kennilworth Road, but you could identify aspects that attracted us to signing him in the first place.

I think he probably could've shot and scored to be honest. He did do well but I felt it was more like a recovery than what he planned. Still, it resulted in a goal which is ultimately what matters.

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

Spoke to one of my neighbours the other week who supports West Brom, he said he wouldn't be surprised if our style of play becomes similar to theirs. Shakespeare and Appleton both came through the West Brom ranks, a team that has been known to base themselves on physicality down the years. Look at the signings we have made so far, Maguire and Iborra two physical players who add a bit of steel to our side. We'll have to find the right balance, we don't want to end up fully like West Brom who base themselves around defensive play. 

We we rely too heavily on Mahrez and Vardy when it comes to our attacking play, we really need a creative midfielder of some sort or our play will become boring and slow.

I do worry a little bit but at the same time I can't see us ever hitting their level. Pulis has no ambition beyond survival. I think he's more responsible for their physicality than anyone else. They used to be more of a passing side to my memory.

22 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Should have won much now comfortably, dominated but final ball was poor and finishing lacking. 

Thought Musa was much better second half, seemed to link pretty well with slimani. Clearly lacking confidence when it comes to taking people on and using his pace. 

Albrighton biggest threat in first half, as much as I like him that says everything about our lack of creativity. 

Iborra was tidy but don't see him being dominant enough to play in a two. 

The problem is that if Musa lacks confidence against the mighty Luton, then he may struggle a bit against teams like Arsenal and the rest of the Premiership!  Seemingly more and more like a complete dud.

Archived